Jump to topic:

Some idiot.....

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 1:05:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Some idiot at the school I go to (UM) decided to call in a bomb threat to the campus library, effectively shutting it down and putting the school on lockdown for the better part of a few hours only for police sweeps to find no explosive anywhere. No bomb was found but just to be safe the University has decided to extremely limit how much time you can spend in the library and what you can do in it from today until Sunday since this is the third bomb threat this semester (the last two also didnt pan out)

Why is this relevant to DDO? The campus library is where the programs I use to put together the Weekly Stupid is housed, and now that some dipsh*t has caused the library to basically close off my access to those programs until Sunday, I now cant release the next episode of the Weekly Stupid which is due out tomorrow.

So basically the WS will be delayed a week due to some idiot calling in a bomb threat at UM......
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 3:11:27 PM
At 10/24/2013 1:05:03 PM, imabench wrote:
Some idiot at the school I go to (UM) decided to call in a bomb threat to the campus library, effectively shutting it down and putting the school on lockdown for the better part of a few hours only for police sweeps to find no explosive anywhere. No bomb was found but just to be safe the University has decided to extremely limit how much time you can spend in the library and what you can do in it from today until Sunday since this is the third bomb threat this semester (the last two also didnt pan out)

Why is this relevant to DDO? The campus library is where the programs I use to put together the Weekly Stupid is housed, and now that some dipsh*t has caused the library to basically close off my access to those programs until Sunday, I now cant release the next episode of the Weekly Stupid which is due out tomorrow.

So basically the WS will be delayed a week due to some idiot calling in a bomb threat at UM......

Troll has been trolled.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 3:17:32 PM

Don't you have a laptop? If so, why don't you just grab a FOS video editing software? (Or, of course, there are fancier softwares which can be obtained through alternative means).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 3:22:21 PM

I hope they get arrested, and spend some long nights in jail.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 3:36:41 PM
At 10/24/2013 3:17:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Don't you have a laptop? If so, why don't you just grab a FOS video editing software? (Or, of course, there are fancier softwares which can be obtained through alternative means).

It's an old a** laptop and your more common video editing software doesn't come with the kind if graphics that I want.... Like the head to head matchups, the member statistics, and the Imabench productions thingy
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 3:57:28 PM
At 10/24/2013 3:36:41 PM, imabench wrote:

It's an old a** laptop and your more common video editing software doesn't come with the kind if graphics that I want.... Like the head to head matchups, the member statistics, and the Imabench productions thingy

Wait, do you remake that image every time? Why?

Also: I think AVIsynth and Virtual Dub do the head to head bit. You'd be surprised what you can accomplish. But then, it's probably not as EASY. (Sort of like photoshop vs. GIMP)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 5:42:39 PM
At 10/24/2013 3:57:28 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Wait, do you remake that image every time? Why?

not the imabench productions thingy, but the head to head matchup pics and stats yeah.

Also: I think AVIsynth and Virtual Dub do the head to head bit.

They do, and ive seen it, but I dont quite like the style they present it in compared to the one I have at UM.

You'd be surprised what you can accomplish. But then, it's probably not as EASY. (Sort of like photoshop vs. GIMP)

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 5:44:11 PM
At 10/24/2013 3:42:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
3rd bomb threat this year? Good Lord...

UF for the win.

Well technically the previous two were 'suspicious packages' found either at or near the Library and they were simply classified as 'bomb threats'....

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 7:46:14 PM
God is punishing you, repent to Jesus.

Nah just joking. Could you imagine what kind of manipulative piece of sh*t you would have to be to take bad events that happen in some one life and make unsupported claims about how it's divine intervention in order to get them to comply with your own religious beliefs..............

Yeah think about it.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 9:06:06 AM

Damn. I hope both that the idiot who made the threat gets caught and has his a$$ hauled off to the clink. And that he doesn't get a pet rat.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 10:09:35 AM
I think it's appropriate to find the guy and punish him. If he is a student he should be expelled.

I don't keep track of who on the site loved Occupy Wall Street, and their attempts to shut down businesses and schools in support of the glorious worker's revolution. But if they catch the guy with the bomb threats and says he did it in support of the glorious workers revolution, I wonder if he'll then get a pass. Or does it depend on who he has put out?
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 10:13:30 AM

E-bay is selling licensed copies of Adobe After Effects 7.0, CS3 and CS4 for less than 80 bucks.

I own CS 5.5, which sells for 1200.00. I went on e-bay, bought version 7.0 for 35 bucks and then purchased the CS 5.5 upgrade through the student/teacher discount for 200.00 bucks.

Saved myself about 1k.

You can visit video copilot for awesome tutorials on how to use it and create great special effects for your videos.

Your old laptop can run version 7 in a 32 bit environment no problem. The effects aren't super crisp, but pretty damn close. Here is a video created with version 7:
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 1:22:38 PM

Interesting... This comes just a couple days after 3 high/middle schools in my area were placed in lockdown after someone phoned in a bomb threat to each of them. Such an occurrence is practically an annual tradition here, sadly.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 9:58:55 PM
At 10/25/2013 10:09:35 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
I think it's appropriate to find the guy and punish him. If he is a student he should be expelled.

I don't keep track of who on the site loved Occupy Wall Street, and their attempts to shut down businesses and schools in support of the glorious worker's revolution. But if they catch the guy with the bomb threats and says he did it in support of the glorious workers revolution, I wonder if he'll then get a pass. Or does it depend on who he has put out?

Roy thats single handedly one of the stupidest things ive ever heard.....

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 9:59:51 PM
At 10/25/2013 10:13:30 AM, Heineken wrote:

E-bay is selling licensed copies of Adobe After Effects 7.0, CS3 and CS4 for less than 80 bucks.

thats about $78 above my budget.... Im a broke a** college student here

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 10:08:50 PM
At 10/25/2013 9:59:51 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/25/2013 10:13:30 AM, Heineken wrote:

thats about $78 above my budget.... Im a broke a** college student here

*cough* piracy *cough*
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 10:09:02 PM
I suspect Rationalmadman was behind this
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 10:10:44 PM
At 10/25/2013 10:08:50 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

*cough* piracy *cough*

Nononono, it's "obtaining through alternative means".

At 10/25/2013 10:09:02 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
I suspect Rationalmadman was behind this

THIS is frighteningly possible, frankly. Crazy knows no borders.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 10:23:20 PM
At 10/25/2013 9:58:55 PM, imabench wrote:

Okay, I'll explain it. Don't be afraid to ask questions. You were outraged that someone decided to interrupt your schedule. I agree with you. You have a right to get your work done without some idiot blocking you. It's a solid principle that people have a right not be obstructed in doing the ordinary things in their lives. So the question is whether the right to go about your business without idiots blocking you is a general principle or not.

Occupy Wall Street is a well-known case of deliberate obstruction. Occupiers blocked access to school buildings and entry paths. They shutdown small businesses in a number of cities. They blocked the central business thoroughfares in New York City making it difficult for financial workers to get to their jobs. So is Occupy Wall Street a case of the general principle that obstruction is wrong, or is it not a case of that principle? If it is not a case of unacceptable obstruction, then it must get a pass due to the reason for the obstruction. The reason offered was that they hated capitalism, and that justifies blocking entries, shutting down businesses, and preventing people to carry out the ordinary business of their lives.

My observation is that if a political reason is sufficient to get a free pass to obstruct others, then that free pass must be available everywhere. It was a free pass for obstructing students in the past, so clearly it applies to students. You observed that saying it applies is ridiculous. You are correct. It was a reductio ad absurdum argument which you accepted. Therefore the Occupy Wall Streeters were a bunch idiot thugs.

If there is a part you don't understand, say which.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 10:27:23 PM
At 10/25/2013 10:23:20 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 10/25/2013 9:58:55 PM, imabench wrote:

Okay, I'll explain it. Don't be afraid to ask questions. You were outraged that someone decided to interrupt your schedule. I agree with you. You have a right to get your work done without some idiot blocking you. It's a solid principle that people have a right not be obstructed in doing the ordinary things in their lives. So the question is whether the right to go about your business without idiots blocking you is a general principle or not.

Occupy Wall Street is a well-known case of deliberate obstruction. Occupiers blocked access to school buildings and entry paths. They shutdown small businesses in a number of cities. They blocked the central business thoroughfares in New York City making it difficult for financial workers to get to their jobs. So is Occupy Wall Street a case of the general principle that obstruction is wrong, or is it not a case of that principle? If it is not a case of unacceptable obstruction, then it must get a pass due to the reason for the obstruction. The reason offered was that they hated capitalism, and that justifies blocking entries, shutting down businesses, and preventing people to carry out the ordinary business of their lives.

My observation is that if a political reason is sufficient to get a free pass to obstruct others, then that free pass must be available everywhere. It was a free pass for obstructing students in the past, so clearly it applies to students. You observed that saying it applies is ridiculous. You are correct. It was a reductio ad absurdum argument which you accepted. Therefore the Occupy Wall Streeters were a bunch idiot thugs.

If there is a part you don't understand, say which.

Roy have you become such a conservative hack that you are actually using my announcement of why the WS is being delayed a week just to sh*t on the Occupy Wall Street movement, WHO LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT?

And my input on why what you originally said was retarded was because you insinuated that people who call in bomb threats to university's can get off from any punishment by claiming that they were doing it to support a workers revolution....

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 11:09:14 PM
At 10/25/2013 10:27:23 PM, imabench wrote:
Roy have you become such a conservative hack that you are actually using my announcement of why the WS is being delayed a week just to sh*t on the Occupy Wall Street movement, WHO LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT?

And my input on why what you originally said was retarded was because you insinuated that people who call in bomb threats to university's can get off from any punishment by claiming that they were doing it to support a workers revolution....

No I insinuated that they could not, which is what reductio ad absurdum is all about. This is debate site. What it ought to be about is applying facts and logic to situations, which is what I did. I think what really bugs you is that my logic was correct.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 11:39:38 PM
At 10/25/2013 11:09:14 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 10/25/2013 10:27:23 PM, imabench wrote:

No I insinuated that they could not, which is what reductio ad absurdum is all about. This is debate site. What it ought to be about is applying facts and logic to situations, which is what I did. I think what really bugs you is that my logic was correct.

What bugs me is that you would try to tie a bomb threat to the occupy Wall Street movement for literally no reason at all.... We already have a crazy conspiracy theorist who does that, we call him Geo

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 12:31:21 AM
At 10/25/2013 11:39:38 PM, imabench wrote:
What bugs me is that you would try to tie a bomb threat to the occupy Wall Street movement for literally no reason at all.... We already have a crazy conspiracy theorist who does that, we call him Geo

I clearly established that there was a solid logical reason. It wasn't tied to Occupy Wall Street; it was tied by the logic of justifying obstruction using OWS as a familiar example. I could have used G8 protests or a dozen other things to make the logical connection. It was obvious that it wasn't about OWS per se.

As a professional troll who revels in derailing threads as marks of personal achievement, if you thought I was trolling shouldn't you have applauded my attempt at the art form?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 12:46:27 AM
At 10/26/2013 12:31:21 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 10/25/2013 11:39:38 PM, imabench wrote:

I clearly established that there was a solid logical reason. It wasn't tied to Occupy Wall Street; it was tied by the logic of justifying obstruction using OWS as a familiar example.

You literally just came in and blurted 'I don't keep track of who on the site loved Occupy Wall Street, and their attempts to shut down businesses and schools in support of the glorious worker's revolution. But if they catch the guy with the bomb threats and says he did it in support of the glorious workers revolution, I wonder if he'll then get a pass. Or does it depend on who he has put out?'.......

I could have used G8 protests or a dozen other things to make the logical connection. It was obvious that it wasn't about OWS per se.

It really came off that way judging from how you brought it up

As a professional troll who revels in derailing threads as marks of personal achievement,

Aww you flatter me too much <333

if you thought I was trolling shouldn't you have applauded my attempt at the art form?

Well theres a difference between trolling and flat out sounding insane

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 1:45:35 AM
At 10/26/2013 12:46:27 AM, imabench wrote:
Well theres a difference between trolling and flat out sounding insane

I never noticed that.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 2:30:50 AM
At 10/26/2013 2:23:53 AM, Sitara wrote:
Has he been arrested and charged with a felony crime yet?

i dunno if they even found the guy yet

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 3:48:12 AM
At 10/26/2013 2:30:50 AM, imabench wrote:
At 10/26/2013 2:23:53 AM, Sitara wrote:
Has he been arrested and charged with a felony crime yet?

i dunno if they even found the guy yet

Bummer.