Jump to topic:

Was Jefferson Davis a true secessionist

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 4:38:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
or was he really a Unionist at heart who gave in to the demands of Southern (and I will ad non-slaveholding citizens who didn't like being taxed and oppressed by Northerners). I've been doing a lot of research, and it seems in the years, even in the first year of the Civil War, Jefferson Davis was reluctant to break away from the USA. Hell he shows strong Unionist attitudes for most of the first year of the war. It seems that Southern citizens were the ones who wanted secession the most, leading me to believe the Confederacy is not the villain that the mostly English USA makes it out to be. I have a lot of admiration for Confederate culture and freedom, but I think Jefferson Davis was a scumbag and a piece of crap. How many of you are with me.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 4:39:26 PM
Again, this is what I've read. Davis, according to some sources, was actually more on Lincoln's side at first (hence connecting to the whole "Birth of a Nation" calling Lincoln a friend of the white people). He was reluctant apparently. I'm not surprised cause he was a pure vicious Anglocentric scumbag.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 4:42:56 PM
This I don't deny, and is part of the reason why I don't think of him as a true Confederate. He was a pro-slavery piece of s--t. A racist assh--e. A bigot. The only thing that might have been different between, like most slaveowners, and the Yankees who were against slavery is that, that they were against slavery, but they had their own devious agenda in mind. If they weren't for slavery, in most cases, they were for stealing all the land they could from Native Americans.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 5:42:08 PM
GET THIS OUT. It doesn't belong here it belongs in the society forum.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.