Jump to topic:

tourney and team debates.

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 2:15:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is just a plee and one that I hope juggle will eventually implement into the site. I really think it would be a great add on to the site. The ability to chose a partner in a debate(not actually make a team per say). Also a feature that automatically assigns topics and brackets for tournaments. Maybe its own section

Each could be awarded their own individual elo and leader board, apart from the 1v1 elo.

The tournament section would be tricky but could be done something like this. Add a drop down for tourney at the top. Set your criteria for creating or searching for a tourney. You cold add individual elo as a requirement or number of debates .The creator of the tournament could actually name the tournament and assign the number of people in the tournament along with round times and guidelines. So like 4, 8, or 16 people. So if you did 4 people it would be like

(1) X
(2) Y
(3) Z
(4) A

these contenders will be randomized and matched

X vs A

Y vs Z

The winners go on the final round. It could be an automatic database of compiled topics 100+ that the rounds are chosen from randomly. Each person is randomly assigned pro or con with a random topic.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 2:48:47 PM
At 11/11/2013 2:15:45 PM, Mikal wrote:
Just throwing this out there, edeb8 pretty much has that. Team debates, secret topics, etc.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 3:24:23 PM
At 11/11/2013 2:48:47 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 11/11/2013 2:15:45 PM, Mikal wrote:
Just throwing this out there, edeb8 pretty much has that. Team debates, secret topics, etc.

Im to in love with DDO to try it out. Larz did a good job, and the sight has potential. Just like this site to much
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 5:08:39 PM
11 easily spottable mistakes in two posts... In January, let's debate. Your win streak needs to be ended, and if you haven't lost a debate by then, it might as well be to me.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 6:09:04 PM
At 11/11/2013 5:08:39 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
11 easily spottable mistakes in two posts... In January, let's debate. Your win streak needs to be ended, and if you haven't lost a debate by then, it might as well be to me.

I have 3 debates open, a 50 hour a week job, and college. I debate whenever I have time these days. Only reason I took 3 was because of a weekend off. You are way in the back of the line man, but if i get a chance sure. I still owe thette a match on the death penalty, roy a match, and a rematch with justin moffat before I even take on new challenges.