Jump to topic:

Anyone want to humor bigdave?

themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 12:42:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So, I've been in this long drawn out discussion with bigdave on why even though I don't care about the amount of money spend of heathcare.gov and the allegedly related accountability that the government should have for it, I should change my opinion on the matter.

He insists that I should care, while not really answering any of my questions (or at the very least, it takes a few times of me telling to stop tip-towing around the question), insulting my reading comprehension, and last but not least, insisting that I take the entire unedited discussion and present it to some 'trained' person that can show me how I'm wrong, since he isn't.

It is this last point about the insistence on a 'trained' professional, that I ask someone out there to read the discussion, and humor him. Just show him how my train of logic is sound, and how he hasn't really refuted anything that I have said, so maybe he will be done with trying to persuade me otherwise. Or, in the unlikely event that he has somehow refuted everything that I have said, and that I am wrong, please tell me the error of my ways!

http://www.debate.org...
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2013 1:09:48 PM
At 11/17/2013 12:42:59 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
So, I've been in this long drawn out discussion with bigdave on why even though I don't care about the amount of money spend of heathcare.gov and the allegedly related accountability that the government should have for it, I should change my opinion on the matter.

He insists that I should care, while not really answering any of my questions (or at the very least, it takes a few times of me telling to stop tip-towing around the question), insulting my reading comprehension, and last but not least, insisting that I take the entire unedited discussion and present it to some 'trained' person that can show me how I'm wrong, since he isn't.

It is this last point about the insistence on a 'trained' professional, that I ask someone out there to read the discussion, and humor him. Just show him how my train of logic is sound, and how he hasn't really refuted anything that I have said, so maybe he will be done with trying to persuade me otherwise. Or, in the unlikely event that he has somehow refuted everything that I have said, and that I am wrong, please tell me the error of my ways!

http://www.debate.org...

Hash it out in a debate.
JuneW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 9:13:31 AM
Like most social workers, I am interested in health care. I stumbled upon this exchange between big Dave (BD) and Thermo (TH). Very interesting. It seems that right off the bat TH did not understand the question. BD used a reduction method to simplify the question. He used a jet fighter and then a newspaper, but TH did not get it. The analogy with the Elmo house was priceless!
TH continued to write back. Now he complains that the exchange was long and drawn out! He could have stopped anytime! BD could have ended the discussion too, but it was after all his question.
In the end it looks like the disconnect had to do with TH and his idea about the value of money. That was a separate issue. It was not related to the question. It seems this mindset by TH prevented him for answering the question.
Regarding the trained professional comment, TH comments do not appear psychopathic, but would probably be considered sociopathic.
So many young people today do not understand finances.