Jump to topic:

Q&A: Paid PT & FT Developers Wanted for DDO

chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 11:47:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This thread is designated to answer questions about the open, full-time and part-time Debate.org development positions.

You can learn more about the positions here: http://www.debate.org...
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 12:51:07 PM
At 11/18/2013 12:13:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
How much creative leeway would we get?

Hi, Eitan!

Good question.

You would be working in close collaboration with the entire Debate.org staff at Juggle, so almost all creative decisions would be made as a team.

Of course, however, as a member of both the Juggle team and the community, any and all ideas and suggestions you have would be taken into consideration.

Does this answer your question? Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks!
Alex
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 1:51:22 PM
At 11/18/2013 11:47:02 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:
This thread is designated to answer questions about the open, full-time and part-time Debate.org development positions.

I am not qualified.
Tsar of DDO
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 5:04:00 PM
At 11/18/2013 4:56:09 PM, larztheloser wrote:
In general, how many hours per week should the successful applicant expect to be working for?

Hi, larz!

Another great question.

If you are seeking a part-time position, you can expect to work roughly 20 hours per week.

If you are seeking a full-time position, you can expect to work roughly 40-50 hours per week.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Alex
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 8:11:15 PM
What are the hours requirements (namely time of day, days of week) and flexibility?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2013 8:12:55 PM
At 11/18/2013 8:11:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What are the hours requirements (namely time of day, days of week) and flexibility?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 8:44:50 AM
At 11/18/2013 8:12:55 PM, TUF wrote:
At 11/18/2013 8:11:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Typical Juggle office hours are M-F, from roughly 9 AM to 6 PM Central. This would be the most opportune time for communication with the in-house team, specifically in regards to potential phone/video meetings, as well as if any questions are in need of urgent answers. Of course, however, most of us are also available via e-mail even when we are not in the office.

With that being said, of course most of the development work you will actually be doing can be completed as fits within your own schedule, assuming the finished product meets an agreed upon deadline.

I hope this answers your question! Let me know if you need further clarification!

Thanks!
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 8:50:26 AM
At 11/18/2013 8:14:16 PM, TUF wrote:
What approximately, would you say the pay is?

Hi, TUF!

Good question, though it is a somewhat difficult one to answer.

Pay will depend upon the scope and difficulty of the project, as well as the hours it takes to complete said project.

Once an interested party has supplied a resume and completed a phone interview with the team, pay can be discussed more in-depth.

Contact me if you have any other questions regarding compensation.

Thanks!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:25:31 AM
At 11/19/2013 8:50:26 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:

Hi, TUF!

Pay will depend upon the scope and difficulty of the project, as well as the hours it takes to complete said project.

Once an interested party has supplied a resume and completed a phone interview with the team, pay can be discussed more in-depth.

Thanks!

Would you say pay is based per project, rather than some hourly rate? Would you be able to give any examples of projects and likely pay range?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 3:19:39 PM
Will you PLEASE make the fvcking obvious and simple fix of keeping forfeited debates off the main page? I dont even read many debates anymore because there are so many awful ones
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 1:25:20 PM
At 11/19/2013 9:25:31 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/19/2013 8:50:26 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:

Hi, TUF!

Thanks!

Would you say pay is based per project, rather than some hourly rate? Would you be able to give any examples of projects and likely pay range?

At this current moment, I unfortunately cannot give any figures in relation to pay. We are still working to determine exactly how pay will work, but you will most likely be compensated on a per-hour basis. When I have more information, I will be sure to let you know. Thanks!
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 1:27:14 PM
At 11/20/2013 5:26:57 AM, TUF wrote:
How many spots is juggle hiring for?

We have a few (1-3) open spots that we are currently looking to fill, depending on whether we find part-time or full-time workers.
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 1:27:46 PM
At 11/20/2013 3:19:39 PM, thett3 wrote:
Will you PLEASE make the fvcking obvious and simple fix of keeping forfeited debates off the main page? I dont even read many debates anymore because there are so many awful ones

Hi, thett!

This has been on our list of things to do for quite some time now, and will be accomplished as soon as possible. Thank you!
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 1:37:20 AM
At 11/18/2013 11:47:02 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:

Too bad I have to be anonymous, this is just the kind of job I've been looking for. (well the part time role)
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 9:25:28 AM
At 11/22/2013 9:23:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Would you have to move to the Juggle headquarters or is this a work from home opportunity?

This is a definite work-from-home opportunity unless you are already located in the St. Louis area.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 1:24:37 PM
Will all interested applicants be given an interview, or are interviews given strictly based on impressions from the resume? I notice on juggle.com it says that applicants are usually required do a project demonstrating web skills. Would it be beneficial to prepare such a project prior to the interview or wait to be assigned?
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2013 1:30:33 PM
At 11/25/2013 1:24:37 PM, TUF wrote:
Will all interested applicants be given an interview, or are interviews given strictly based on impressions from the resume? I notice on juggle.com it says that applicants are usually required do a project demonstrating web skills. Would it be beneficial to prepare such a project prior to the interview or wait to be assigned?

Hi, TUF!

Thanks for your questions :)

If an applicant's resume displays adequate development skills, he or she will be asked to complete a phone interview with Juggle staff.

As part of the "project" part of the interview process goes, applicants are generally given some sort of development test to help us gain a better understanding of their skill sets.

Hope this answers your questions! Thanks!
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2013 11:21:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Did anyone end up getting this?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2013 2:19:43 AM
At 12/14/2013 11:21:23 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

I am not sure. This was supposed to be filled by mid December, but they may have hired externally.
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2013 11:07:47 AM
At 12/16/2013 2:19:43 AM, TUF wrote:
At 12/14/2013 11:21:23 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

I am not sure. This was supposed to be filled by mid December, but they may have hired externally.

We are still looking to fill this position. If you have anyone you would recommend for the job, please let us know. Thank you!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 6:16:49 PM
Hey, I saw your ad about devolpement on the site and I was wanting to help out. My qualifications are that I was 1 out of 72 people selected across the nation to go to the 1st annual CyberPatriot STEM camp at Montey Tech. I'm currently on a CyberPatriots Team at Topeka High School that has already made it to nationals which is in April-May.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 7:39:45 PM
At 12/20/2013 6:16:49 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Hey, I saw your ad about devolpement on the site and I was wanting to help out. My qualifications are that I was 1 out of 72 people selected across the nation to go to the 1st annual CyberPatriot STEM camp at Montey Tech. I'm currently on a CyberPatriots Team at Topeka High School that has already made it to nationals which is in April-May.

You know web development?