Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Dayum

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 11:13:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
John Griswald's account has been closed.

Either someone reported his "harassment" of True2GaGa or the mods found out who he was.
President of DDO
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 11:40:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Most unfortunate.

askbob hadn't really done anything wrong until he started harassing tru2gaga. I believe the mod was letting him stay until that.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 11:42:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think he really "harassed" her though. As koopin pointed out - Many people have "accused" him of being someone else too, yet they didn't get reported for speculation, did they? I saw the thread where JG posted the link about True2GaGa, but I didn't really understand what the link was... was the information he posted about her real? If so, I can see how that would be considered privacy invasion or whatever.
President of DDO
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 11:45:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I believe he posted information that she had intended to keep private. That counts as privacy invasion.

And he took the accusation to the point of harassment. Was anyone else banned?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 11:50:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I dunno - I just noticed his account because I went to leave him a comment. How did he get the information about her anyway (like her real age and location)? What if it was fake?
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 12:01:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I helped John get that information in a PM. It was mostly link through links she put on her website I found, John did most of the dirty work. Anyhow, it's hardly privacy invasion.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 1:09:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Harassment means to disturb persistently.
It must have been something else, though he did look her up which is a bit disturbing.
True2GaGa just seems to be young, and he didn't like that

So has anyone added John to the wiki as banned? ha ha
kfc
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 1:46:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Eh, I kind of figured it was only a matter of time, however he should have been given some leeway. He's a good guy.

Oh well, guess we'll have to get our daily fix of askbob from DDOFans.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 5:57:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/4/2010 1:46:02 PM, Volkov wrote:
Oh well, guess we'll have to get our daily fix of askbob from DDOFans.

Clearly you were having a hard time reading johngriswalds name! XD
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 7:48:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/4/2010 6:08:20 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
What ever happened to Orric? (CiRro)

He popped up one day, and hasn't really done anything since ...

That wasn't Cirro, apparently: http://www.debate.org...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2010 9:09:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/4/2010 1:09:18 PM, Koopin wrote:
Harassment means to disturb persistently.
It must have been something else, though he did look her up which is a bit disturbing.

All of that information is freely there. Is it harassing Kublai Khan if I look multiple history books about him?

True2GaGa just seems to be young, and he didn't like that

No, she seemed to be Reganfan V 2.0 and nobody liked that.


So has anyone added John to the wiki as banned? ha ha

Yep http://ddofans.com...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2010 1:39:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/4/2010 7:48:43 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 1/4/2010 6:08:20 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
What ever happened to Orric? (CiRro)

He popped up one day, and hasn't really done anything since ...

That wasn't Cirro, apparently: http://www.debate.org...

I talked to CiRrO on facebook. Orric wasn't CiRrO.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
True2GaGa
Posts: 1,574
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 6:30:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/4/2010 11:42:22 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I don't think he really "harassed" her though. As koopin pointed out - Many people have "accused" him of being someone else too, yet they didn't get reported for speculation, did they? I saw the thread where JG posted the link about True2GaGa, but I didn't really understand what the link was... was the information he posted about her real? If so, I can see how that would be considered privacy invasion or whatever.

the info wasn't real
True2GaGa
Posts: 1,574
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 6:31:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/4/2010 11:50:01 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I dunno - I just noticed his account because I went to leave him a comment. How did he get the information about her anyway (like her real age and location)? What if it was fake?

it was fake lool
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 6:52:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You just said the same thing in two separate posts, contributing nothing with the second one.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.