Jump to topic:

Hacked Account

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 9:28:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey my phone somehow got hacked - and it may have happened on this site. I am getting error messages from Google, and I am having to do captchas.

A few hours ago, when I was logging in, I noticed that my email was showing up in a different font, then I immediately had to re-enter all my info. This was the only strange thing that I saw happen today. I don't have any more info on where I got compromised, and I do not know that this happened here... Just that it MAY have.

What is happening: my IP (I don't know what an IP is) is apparently sending out thousands of Google requests. This is triggering Googles' security whatever's and so Google is contacting me.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 10:06:00 PM
This doesn't seem like it would be something related to DDO.

If you would like me to help you in whatever way I can though, contact me via PM and I'll do what I can to offer some assistance.
Debate.org Moderator
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 10:44:03 PM
At 11/28/2013 9:28:46 PM, Beverlee wrote:
Hey my phone somehow got hacked - and it may have happened on this site. I am getting error messages from Google, and I am having to do captchas.

A few hours ago, when I was logging in, I noticed that my email was showing up in a different font, then I immediately had to re-enter all my info. This was the only strange thing that I saw happen today. I don't have any more info on where I got compromised, and I do not know that this happened here... Just that it MAY have.

What is happening: my IP (I don't know what an IP is) is apparently sending out thousands of Google requests. This is triggering Googles' security whatever's and so Google is contacting me.

I've had that happen with my phone too. It's problem with mobile browsers and google. It usually goes away the next day.

An IP is bascially your digital fingerprint. It's a number that's attached to a network. I don't know if you have an android, but on the play store there's an app that changes your IP. I've had to do that before and it usually lets me search freely after that. Not sure about iPhones, I'm sure there's on their store too.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 11:11:11 PM
At 11/28/2013 10:44:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

I've had that happen with my phone too. It's problem with mobile browsers and google. It usually goes away the next day.

An IP is bascially your digital fingerprint. It's a number that's attached to a network. I don't know if you have an android, but on the play store there's an app that changes your IP. I've had to do that before and it usually lets me search freely after that. Not sure about iPhones, I'm sure there's on their store too.

So I might need a thing that keeps giving me a new IP? I think the problem is cleared up - it's not doing that anymore. I reset my phone and changed my password here and on Facebook - the only things I've done online since this morning except Netflix. So maybe I don't need to do anything else you think?

One other thing that also may not be a deal: my phone started taking pictures and video. Can that be part of it?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 11:14:03 PM
At 11/28/2013 11:11:11 PM, Beverlee wrote:
At 11/28/2013 10:44:03 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

So I might need a thing that keeps giving me a new IP? I think the problem is cleared up - it's not doing that anymore. I reset my phone and changed my password here and on Facebook - the only things I've done online since this morning except Netflix. So maybe I don't need to do anything else you think?

One other thing that also may not be a deal: my phone started taking pictures and video. Can that be part of it?

escaping hackers is like escaping a black hole......you can't
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.