Jump to topic:

Team debates

Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 6:42:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have an idea for a Team debate and a Tag Team debate. A team debate would be a debate with 4 people (same with tag team) For a normal team debate both members of a team would both post an argument. Team 2 would then respond.

For a Tag team debate it would be like the debate now except that the debater for one side could switch.
raindrpdew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 7:24:00 AM
ehhhh. im not really into debates like that..their are just some issues i have to state my opinion on..this site really doesnt need team debates...why do only about 15 ppl get on at a time? i mean how would it benefit? O.o because the number of debates going on right now are pretty limited.
sometimes i wish..i had a kung-fu grip..

-Nick Jonas
raindrpdew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 7:24:57 AM
Just saying, if you really wanted the team debates, and you were going to ask the creater of the site, you would have to present a good reason. How it would benefit..
sometimes i wish..i had a kung-fu grip..

-Nick Jonas
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 10:03:45 AM
At 1/6/2010 7:18:35 AM, raindrpdew wrote:
kind of like a public forum debate?

This gave me a thought. A "Forum debate" might be good. It would be a debate where anyone can post. People would take a side then post there argument.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 10:04:25 AM
At 1/6/2010 10:03:45 AM, Kahvan wrote:

This gave me a thought. A "Forum debate" might be good. It would be a debate where anyone can post. People would take a side then post there argument.

Problem is people could easily spam it\ derail it\ etc.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 10:29:00 AM
At 1/6/2010 10:04:25 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

People could easily do that. So perhaps he should appoint admins to see to that? I'm pretty sure some people here could do that. And if an admin or Mederator(depending on what you want to call it) goes awry then they should be punished by being banned or something else.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 10:32:29 AM
At 1/6/2010 10:29:00 AM, Kahvan wrote:

People could easily do that. So perhaps he should appoint admins to see to that? I'm pretty sure some people here could do that. And if an admin or Mederator(depending on what you want to call it) goes awry then they should be punished by being banned or something else.

To quote Askbob "BWAHAHAHAHA"

No, but seriously not even appointed admins could track current ongoing debates never mind throwing an extra set.

Besides, what's spamming\trolling and what's a valid but extreme viewpoint?
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 10:45:54 AM
At 1/6/2010 10:32:29 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

No, but seriously not even appointed admins could track current ongoing debates never mind throwing an extra set.

In respect to your last part, then why not put it up? It would be work but it would benifit the site.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 10:51:35 AM
At 1/6/2010 10:45:54 AM, Kahvan wrote:
At 1/6/2010 10:32:29 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

In respect to your last part, then why not put it up? It would be work but it would benifit the site.

Because I =/= The sites administrator
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 11:16:18 AM
I think a team debate would be fun. We shouldn't do it in the forums though. Most forums topics are already group debates.
Just have to open to seperate debates in which both teasm ddebate each other.

We should figure out somehow to work it though
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 11:21:08 AM
hmm we could have one person challenge their opponents. One person starts the debate, and the opponent retaliates. Then their partner can pm each other their side of the arguement.

for example. Suppose the teams are
Philosophical and I-am-a-panda
vs
theLwerd and Vi_veri.

standardly, the first two would post their arguments. Then Iamapanda would pm me his, and i would post it. Vi veri would do the same.

Do you guys think this idea would work?
worst come to worst, if the partner is in-active, the other partner can tag in for them.
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 11:41:52 AM
At 1/6/2010 11:21:08 AM, philosphical wrote:
hmm we could have one person challenge their opponents. One person starts the debate, and the opponent retaliates. Then their partner can pm each other their side of the arguement.

vs
theLwerd and Vi_veri.

standardly, the first two would post their arguments. Then Iamapanda would pm me his, and i would post it. Vi veri would do the same.

worst come to worst, if the partner is in-active, the other partner can tag in for them.

lets try it, me and you (philosophical) against whoever wants to challenge us. Now the question is, what topic and what position?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 11:50:00 AM
At 1/6/2010 11:21:08 AM, philosphical wrote:

vs
theLwerd and Vi_veri.

1) Tag in doesn't work

Otherwise, meh. There is no real point IMO. In real parliamentary it's all about making a stand out case above others and being able to refute arguments. Unless it was real time I'd say leave the issue to rest until Phil brings out a new feature.....in 2020
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 2:22:01 PM
At 1/6/2010 12:13:32 PM, Kahvan wrote:
how do I contact phil?

Find the account named Phil. :P

Team debates have been floated before, problem is you need a dummy team account with multiple people accessing it.