TUF for president!

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:06:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
https://docs.google.com...

I wanted to wait until I had selected my vice president, before I announced this. I have sent out a request to a candidate who I wish to be my vice, and if it is declined, I have other ideas of who to ask.

Anyways, I am posting this now because I have just been informed that the elections are coming up in only two weeks, and I figure it is only fair to announce my now to get the competition going, and prevent users from having to make last minute decisions.

I know my platform is long, but I have a lot of goals, plans, and hopes for the website.

Airmax1227, you are a great guy, and a fantastic president. I am very grateful for everything you have done for the site, and I think you are a fantastic character, both in personality and in character. I am very honored to be running against you this term, and wish you good luck! If you win this, I will be nothing but happy for you! However I am very serious about this, and know this will be a good competition! May the best candidate win!

I know open the floor for any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, etc. I may make a video campaign, if people are more inclined to watch it as opposed to reading long amounts of text.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:13:35 AM
Go for it! Good luck!
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:14:59 AM
This may be a really poor leading question, since I already know some of the answers to it, but in what ways have you contributed to the growth and wellbeing of DDO prior to running?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:15:30 AM
I'll endorse TUF. Top notch user, and I believe that he is truly sincere with all of his claims. Vote for TUF!
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:30:43 AM
At 11/30/2013 11:14:59 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
This may be a really poor leading question, since I already know some of the answers to it, but in what ways have you contributed to the growth and wellbeing of DDO prior to running?

My main focus has been voting, as noted in my platform. Several months ago, I started a "voter of the week" initiative that I hoped would be successful. Unfortunately, it was kind of a flop due to lack of user interest, though it did generate quite a few votes. I tried it once again, getting virtually no activity. In mid October, I came up with an idea to help voting, and that idea was to add incentives to votes. What other reason to people have to spend the time and effort into a vote? I love the site a lot, and wanted to help, so I gave out T-shirts, and others cool prizes. It did cost a pretty penny, but I was very pleased with the outcome of generating of 50 votes in the competition. Nonetheless, I have been focusing much harder on trying to hit higher numbers. Thus, I have introduced the new voting raffle which I am sure you have seen. So far it is on track to skyrocket the previous competition, which I am very hopeful for by the end of December.

Next, I have been working on some back end stuff. I have started designs, ideas, and codes for team debates. Again, the biggest step in the challenge is getting a basic idea collaborated by the members, the rest should be much easier. I plan on getting this done, and submitting it to juggle, where in lies another challenge in and of itself.

I have also been working on an App, as suggested by ClassicRobert. I have had a design submitted to me that I will be basing the work off of, and hope to have it done soon, in between focusing on other tasks.

I have many more plans and goals, but as of right now, those are my biggest achievements so far.

For those interested in mafia, I have started a tutorial series, that is about halfway complete. I also have plans to making the games forum a lot more enhanced for those who are interested.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:31:12 AM
At 11/30/2013 11:15:30 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
I'll endorse TUF. Top notch user, and I believe that he is truly sincere with all of his claims. Vote for TUF!

Thanks for the support!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:31:43 AM
At 11/30/2013 11:13:35 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Go for it! Good luck!

Thankyou! :)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:32:53 AM
I will be on much later to answer more questions. I have been up for about 25 hours now, so I am going to get some sleep. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you!
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:37:50 AM
At 11/30/2013 11:32:53 AM, TUF wrote:
I will be on much later to answer more questions. I have been up for about 25 hours now, so I am going to get some sleep. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you!

Can I aslo endorse?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:39:45 AM
At 11/30/2013 11:37:50 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 11/30/2013 11:32:53 AM, TUF wrote:

Can I aslo endorse?

Of course and it is appreciated!
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 12:00:13 PM
Will the pointless threads created by Adam2 be removed if you become president. If so then you have my vote.
Turn around, go back.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 4:09:31 PM
Another question, what would you consider adding to the site. I would be most interested as to how you would go about improving the place.
Turn around, go back.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 5:56:19 PM
A lot of the things you promise in your platform is the same as what other people have promised in their platforms in the past. Why will Juggle do it for you when they didn't do it for past presidencies?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 7:09:06 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:06:25 AM, TUF wrote:

Airmax1227, you are a great guy, and a fantastic president. I am very grateful for everything you have done for the site, and I think you are a fantastic character, both in personality and in character. I am very honored to be running against you this term, and wish you good luck! If you win this, I will be nothing but happy for you! However I am very serious about this, and know this will be a good competition! May the best candidate win!

(>'O'<)
0x5f3759df
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:14:46 PM
At 11/30/2013 12:00:13 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Will the pointless threads created by Adam2 be removed if you become president. If so then you have my vote.

Report spam, it's often removed.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:17:15 PM
Good luck TUF.

You've done good stuff for the site and you are a good guy. While I'm not necessarily going to endorse anyone, I don't have anything negative to say about you and I believe you'd make a fine DDO President. You have good ideas for the site, you understand what it takes to get them done, and you are certainly qualified to be the DDO President.
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:25:34 PM
Most of your platform seems like what other candidates say. What really separates you, and wins you my vote, is the knowledge of coding and possible app.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:29:17 PM
At 11/30/2013 9:25:34 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Most of your platform seems like what other candidates say. What really separates you, and wins you my vote, is the knowledge of coding and possible app.

Platforms are given too much credit to me it seems. Pretty much every member can write up something nice, though it is good to see where members stand.

What I can say about TUF that is most significant is that he has a history of actually helping improve the site by working on his ideas and detailing them. This is what I believe qualifies him the most to be president.

While I've certainly disagreed with TUF on some things, he's a good guy and has the necessary character to get along with everyone.
Debate.org Moderator
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:13:17 PM
At 11/30/2013 12:00:13 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

Being president, does not mean mean becoming a moderator. As president, I can certainly suggest such a thing to airmax1227, but I am sure if you were to ask him he would be equally inclined in supporting your cause, if such a cause is necessary.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:16:06 PM
Uh yeah I'll most likely vote for you. Cut the crap you don't need to show me why you'd make a good president, I already know you will.
Nolite Timere
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:21:09 PM
At 11/30/2013 5:56:19 PM, Zaradi wrote:
A lot of the things you promise in your platform is the same as what other people have promised in their platforms in the past. Why will Juggle do it for you when they didn't do it for past presidencies?

As I expressed in my platform, I am staying away from phrasing them as "promises". I put them as goals, because in all honesty, I don't know what Juggle will do, and have no control over how they will take my ideas and implement them. But as I expressed in my platform, I believe the difference will come from a physical effort being made. So far in the past, presidents have merely only asked juggle for the things they want. I on the other hand, am willing to throw in all the work necessary to physically make the things myself, that the DDO community wants. Juggle, I think, has less of a reason to decline such offers, if they have an idea of what the ideas physically look like, and feel like. That's what seems to have been the problem in the past that is. I made a thread about this a couple months ago, and they seemed to express that their biggest drawbacks were that they didn't know how team debates would work, whether people would use them etc. If I were to make them myself, and present them to juggle, not only would they be based around the ideas the community gives me, but they will be fully created, making the work, time, and effort juggle has to put into worrying about them that much more minimal.

So again, as far as promises go, I can only promise my physical effort into assisting the site, and pushing the things you in general want. But I think I will have a lot more leverage then past presidents have had, in certain regards.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:25:46 PM
Question for you

Off the top of your head, name some features you would like to implement on DDO and how you want to accomplish them.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:34:42 PM
At 11/30/2013 7:35:16 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
What do you think needs to be done differently that airmax isn't doing, in your opinion?

Airmax has been doing great things, but I feel is limited in certain ways, in that he is also the moderator of the site. I think it is important for people to see that he is challenged not only with being a president, but also a moderator. A lot of airmax's time has had to been implemented in moderating the site. While he has put a lot of great efforts into supporting the site, ultimately he has and always will need to divide his time between his two roles. I on the otherhand, am free to focus and divulge my time strictly into one thing; serving the site, and the community. And like I said, I think where the main difference will come in, is the service I am willing to provide. I have learned a lot of things specifically so that I could help the website. I am willing to learn more as well, so I can be of the best utility. Specifically, I plan to make an effort to put more time and effort back into the community. Again, threads have been popping up everywhere, where people feel like DDO has been falling to much into the opinions/polls. I certainly understand where you are all coming from, and my biggest goal is to strengthen back up the forums, debates, voting, and work on getting the updates that you, the members want, as opposed to what we have been getting from Juggle recently. I plan on working with them enthusiastically, and will push as hard as I can in order to make them happen.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:35:56 PM
At 11/30/2013 9:17:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Good luck TUF.

You've done good stuff for the site and you are a good guy. While I'm not necessarily going to endorse anyone, I don't have anything negative to say about you and I believe you'd make a fine DDO President. You have good ideas for the site, you understand what it takes to get them done, and you are certainly qualified to be the DDO President.

Thankyou so much for your comment, airmax :)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:42:27 PM
At 11/30/2013 10:25:46 PM, Mikal wrote:
Question for you

Off the top of your head, name some features you would like to implement on DDO and how you want to accomplish them.

Anything I implement on the site, will strictly come from what the majority of the community suggest to me. With that being said, I do have my own ideas, that I think fall in line with a lot of what the user base on here want. Ideally I would like to implement the following things, though keep in mind that I will give preference to the community.

Team debates
Voting increase features (I like the idea of Larz's vote rating), but I will also continue to do prized competitions.
An award feature. I need some more ideas on how to specifically model this, but I am very interested in designing a better model on giving user's achievements for accomplishing goals.
A mobile App for debate.org.

These are the top things I would want to work on, based on feedback from the members.

I have other small ideas, that would obviously take a backseat to the major changes.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:42:48 PM
At 11/30/2013 10:16:06 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Uh yeah I'll most likely vote for you. Cut the crap you don't need to show me why you'd make a good president, I already know you will.

Thankyou for your support! :)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:47:55 PM
At 11/30/2013 10:42:27 PM, TUF wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:25:46 PM, Mikal wrote:
Question for you

Anything I implement on the site, will strictly come from what the majority of the community suggest to me. With that being said, I do have my own ideas, that I think fall in line with a lot of what the user base on here want. Ideally I would like to implement the following things, though keep in mind that I will give preference to the community.

Team debates
Voting increase features (I like the idea of Larz's vote rating), but I will also continue to do prized competitions.
An award feature. I need some more ideas on how to specifically model this, but I am very interested in designing a better model on giving user's achievements for accomplishing goals.
A mobile App for debate.org.

These are the top things I would want to work on, based on feedback from the members.

I have other small ideas, that would obviously take a backseat to the major changes.

As of now I totally advocate you for site president. Since airmax has decided not to run for this term, you by far are the most qualified person to step out thus far.

I like larz but he comes off a little arrogant in some of debates, and slightly harsh. I remember reading the debate he had with airmax and there was a fine line in between being passionate and being rude. The only projects I recall you doing have improved sight quality and you did some while remaining humble

(a) giving prizes to increase better voting and pulling the cash out of your own pocket
(b) Putting out mafia tutorials for people whom wanted to learn
(c) and now a Ps4 give away

In addition to that you are an excellent and active debater.

I truly believe you have the community at heart with everything you are doing, for that you have my support.
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:49:29 PM
At 11/30/2013 10:34:42 PM, TUF wrote:
What do you think needs to be done differently that airmax isn't doing, in your opinion?

Airmax has been doing great things, but I feel is limited in certain ways, in that he is also the moderator of the site. I think it is important for people to see that he is challenged not only with being a president, but also a moderator. A lot of airmax's time has had to been implemented in moderating the site. While he has put a lot of great efforts into supporting the site, ultimately he has and always will need to divide his time between his two roles. I on the otherhand, am free to focus and divulge my time strictly into one thing; serving the site, and the community. And like I said, I think where the main difference will come in, is the service I am willing to provide. I have learned a lot of things specifically so that I could help the website. I am willing to learn more as well, so I can be of the best utility. Specifically, I plan to make an effort to put more time and effort back into the community. Again, threads have been popping up everywhere, where people feel like DDO has been falling to much into the opinions/polls. I certainly understand where you are all coming from, and my biggest goal is to strengthen back up the forums, debates, voting, and work on getting the updates that you, the members want, as opposed to what we have been getting from Juggle recently. I plan on working with them enthusiastically, and will push as hard as I can in order to make them happen.

True, true.

But can you conquer...

...the fourteen points?
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:51:40 PM
At 11/30/2013 10:49:29 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 11/30/2013 10:34:42 PM, TUF wrote:

True, true.

But can you conquer...

...the fourteen points?

But will it blend?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder