Jump to topic:

Airmax1227 is Not Running for DDO President

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 8:51:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have decided that I will not seek another term as DDO President.

I have enjoyed being President for the past 18 months and have most certainly enjoyed interacting with the hundreds of members I have had a chance to talk with and assist during that time. It has also been a pleasure working with members of Juggles staff and I look forward to keeping in touch with them.

While I'll no longer hold the responsibilities of President, I'll still be around to do the occasional debate and continue to get schooled in the forums/debates by members more knowledgeable than I am.

I'll be around to assist whoever the future president is in any way that they require and to offer feedback to Juggle at their request. I'll also be around to continue to keep love spammers and ad spammers away.

Members are also still welcome to, and encouraged, to contact me at any time should they ever need anything at all.

I'd like to wish good luck to any member who is interested in running for DDO President, and I'd like to encourage anyone who has any interest in committing to working hard on improving the site and helping members, to consider running for DDO President.

The site has certainly changed a lot since I first took office and I believe that most of it is for the better. While we may not all agree if the site is better or not, or what makes it better, what we can agree on is that there are many ways in which the site can still be improved. Regardless of what title or office we hold, we all can contribute to making this site a better place for everyone.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me in the past 18 months, and I look forward to continue talking with, and working with all of you moving forward. I look forward to working with whoever the next president is, and I am confident that DDO will continue to improve.

Thank you.
Debate.org Moderator
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:01:26 PM
Aw. Well anyway, thanks for all the awesomeness, Mr. President.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:38:56 PM
Are you still going to be a moderator?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 9:44:47 PM
At 11/30/2013 9:38:56 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

That will be up to Juggle, but I think it's very unlikely that if I am willing to continue that they'd ask me to stop being a moderator.
Debate.org Moderator
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:12:07 PM
At 11/30/2013 8:51:39 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I have enjoyed being President for the past 18 months and have most certainly enjoyed interacting with the hundreds of members I have had a chance to talk with and assist during that time. It has also been a pleasure working with members of Juggles staff and I look forward to keeping in touch with them.

While I'll no longer hold the responsibilities of President, I'll still be around to do the occasional debate and continue to get schooled in the forums/debates by members more knowledgeable than I am.

I'll be around to assist whoever the future president is in any way that they require and to offer feedback to Juggle at their request. I'll also be around to continue to keep love spammers and ad spammers away.

Members are also still welcome to, and encouraged, to contact me at any time should they ever need anything at all.

I'd like to wish good luck to any member who is interested in running for DDO President, and I'd like to encourage anyone who has any interest in committing to working hard on improving the site and helping members, to consider running for DDO President.

The site has certainly changed a lot since I first took office and I believe that most of it is for the better. While we may not all agree if the site is better or not, or what makes it better, what we can agree on is that there are many ways in which the site can still be improved. Regardless of what title or office we hold, we all can contribute to making this site a better place for everyone.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me in the past 18 months, and I look forward to continue talking with, and working with all of you moving forward. I look forward to working with whoever the next president is, and I am confident that DDO will continue to improve.

Thank you.

NOOO! Now no one will understand all my troll debate references I make to you as DDO dictator!
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:13:28 PM
Whelp we all know what this has come to...

KINGDEBATER FOR PREZ 2013!

Just kidding. I think ClassicRobert, Orele, or TUF should run.
Nolite Timere
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 10:15:33 PM
At 11/30/2013 10:13:28 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Whelp we all know what this has come to...

KINGDEBATER FOR PREZ 2013!

Just kidding. I think ClassicRobert, Orele, or TUF should run.

TUF is running,

And I think everyone agrees (except for Ore) that Ore should run.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:23:13 PM

Thank you.

Goddamnit, Airmax. What the fvck?

Ore-Ele 2013. That is all.
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:27:40 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:23:13 PM, YYW wrote:

Thank you.

I think I've had a good run... It's time for someone else to take the DDO President reigns and see what they can achieve... I think TUF would make a good President, but I encourage everyone who will be dedicated and is serious about doing what the President does, to run.

And I agree,
Ore_ele 2013
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:32:38 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:27:40 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Thank you.

I think I've had a good run... It's time for someone else to take the DDO President reigns and see what they can achieve... I think TUF would make a good President, but I encourage everyone who will be dedicated and is serious about doing what the President does, to run.

And I agree,
Ore_ele 2013

This is your LBJ moment.
Tsar of DDO
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:33:02 PM
At 11/30/2013 9:44:47 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

That will be up to Juggle, but I think it's very unlikely that if I am willing to continue that they'd ask me to stop being a moderator.

Will you still be my friend?
So you wanna know all about Sitara, huh? Knowledge is power, and you want knowledge of me? With great power comes great responsibility, so I hope you understand what you're getting yourself into. Don't say I didn't warn you.
http://www.writerscafe.org...
http://www.infowars.com...
http://www.condomdepot.com...
http://www.fundabortionnow.org...
"Anyone who knows anything about the presidency knows that liberalism and conservatism have jack sh*t to do with being president." -Im
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:33:36 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:27:54 PM, Sargon wrote:
Given all the recent controversies, I think it would have been good to have stable leadership for DDO.

I do appreciate that, and while I'll no longer be President I don't plan on going anywhere. I'll still be here to help in any way that I can and I'll certainly still be in a leadership position in some regards.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:34:14 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:33:02 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Absolutely. Not being DDO President doesn't mean I'll no longer continue to be friends with the many members I've become close with on the site.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:36:01 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:32:38 PM, YYW wrote:

Thank you.

And I agree,
Ore_ele 2013

This is your LBJ moment.

haha I don't think that's true.
Debate.org Moderator
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:37:18 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:34:14 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/30/2013 11:33:02 PM, Ayyuba wrote:

Absolutely. Not being DDO President doesn't mean I'll no longer continue to be friends with the many members I've become close with on the site.
Awesome. :)
So you wanna know all about Sitara, huh? Knowledge is power, and you want knowledge of me? With great power comes great responsibility, so I hope you understand what you're getting yourself into. Don't say I didn't warn you.
http://www.writerscafe.org...
http://www.infowars.com...
http://www.condomdepot.com...
http://www.fundabortionnow.org...
"Anyone who knows anything about the presidency knows that liberalism and conservatism have jack sh*t to do with being president." -Im
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:41:47 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:36:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Thank you.

And I agree,
Ore_ele 2013

This is your LBJ moment.

Think what you want. This is your LBJ moment.
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 11:59:11 PM
At 11/30/2013 11:41:47 PM, YYW wrote:

Thank you.

And I agree,
Ore_ele 2013

This is your LBJ moment.

Fair enough...

Though I think this is my Neil Young moment:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away..."
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:00:13 AM
At 11/30/2013 11:59:11 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Thank you.

And I agree,
Ore_ele 2013

This is your LBJ moment.

Fair enough...

I'm going to leave that to Def Leopard:
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:07:05 AM
At 12/1/2013 12:00:13 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/30/2013 11:59:11 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Thank you.

And I agree,
Ore_ele 2013

This is your LBJ moment.

Fair enough...

I'm going to leave that to Def Leopard:

Well said, it's hard to argue with that.
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:26:50 AM
I totally did NOT blackmail Airmax into not running for president again by threatening to release evidence of any kind of sex scandal between him and Thett3's hot sister if anyone was wondering....... I did nothing like that, nothing at all, totally didnt do anything, definitely not involved in why this happened, at all....
wink wink
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:32:20 AM
At 12/1/2013 12:26:50 AM, imabench wrote:
I totally did NOT blackmail Airmax into not running for president again by threatening to release evidence of any kind of sex scandal between him and Thett3's hot sister if anyone was wondering....... I did nothing like that, nothing at all, totally didnt do anything, definitely not involved in why this happened, at all....
wink wink

I managed to have only 2 sex scandals while President... I wasn't about to allow a third
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:32:51 AM
At 12/1/2013 12:32:20 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
wink wink

I managed to have only 2 sex scandals while President... I wasn't about to allow a third

Wait - that was far more incriminating than I meant it to be...
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:33:46 AM
At 12/1/2013 12:32:51 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/1/2013 12:32:20 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
wink wink

Wait - that was far more incriminating than I meant it to be...

Yeah that kind of even caught me off guard o_O
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:45:40 AM
So.....who's running that someone might actually vote for?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:53:59 AM
At 12/1/2013 12:45:40 AM, Noumena wrote:

I don't think massive or Bench are seriously running, though TUF is a decent candidate. There's also some time left before the election and any number of other candidate may consider it now that I've stated that I wont be running.
Debate.org Moderator
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:57:10 AM
At 12/1/2013 12:53:59 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

I don't think massive or Bench are seriously running, though TUF is a decent candidate. There's also some time left before the election and any number of other candidate may consider it now that I've stated that I wont be running.

Ugh....
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 12:59:05 AM
At 12/1/2013 12:53:59 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

I don't think massive or Bench are seriously running,

It's kinda sorta maybe serious

though TUF is a decent candidate. There's also some time left before the election and any number of other candidate may consider it now that I've stated that I wont be running.