Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead Episode 27

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 4:53:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
They moved at a tremendous speed, they moved so damn fast that it was almost disorientating to watch them.

The creatures were about as tall as an average person, but up close they looked nothing like an average dog or a horse.... They looked like demonic wolves you could only see in a video game. Massive muscles in their legs and arms, razor sharp talons, pulsating veins everywhere on their body, foaming at the mouth, red eyes..... These things were the whole package of godless killing machines.

They were also hard as sh** to kill.

Two of them leaped over our pitiful defensive perimeter with ease and promptly began to tear some of the prisoners to shreds, the third one stayed back and kept an eye on everything in front of it, as if it was thinking about where it should attack.

We locked eyes, and it charged right at me.

Someone tackled me hard to the road and almost knocked me out. It was Phantom, and he saved me from almost being decapitated.

"RUN, RUN, GET UP AND RUN WE GOTTA GO NOW" - Phantom yelled in my ear
"HELP MEEEE HELP MEEEEEEEEE!" One of the prisoners yelled as one of the things effortlessly tore off his arm and began to devour him. The guy the other thing attacked was already dead, and mass chaos was everywhere

"WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS???" - Random prisoner
"I DONT KNOW, WE GOTTA FALL BACK!" - Other prisoner
"THERES 30 OF US AND ONLY 3 of THEM, WHY ARENT YOU ALL ATTACKING IT?" - Nazi Guard
"WE CANT ATTACK IT WITH THESE F*CKING WEAPONS YOU GAVE US, THEYRE USELESS!" - Random prisoner

While all that was going on, the three beasts had torn 2 other people literally to shreds, and 3 more were lying on the ground with fatal wounds.

"THETT GET UP WE HAVE TO GO!" - Phantom yelled again as he hoisted me up. YYW and Anti ushered us off towards the side of the road while other prisoners were scattering away from the road as well.

I finally snapped out of it and began to run under my own strength, and we sprinted towards the side of the road towards some overgrown bushes. and trees. We literally dove in and hastily made our way through them to the other side, none of us gave a single sh** about the scrapes we were getting from the thorns on the bushes because we were running for our f*cking lives at this point.

We crossed the bushes and kept sprinting, the sound of men being devoured and dismembered could still be heard on the other side of the bushes. Not even a minute passed before we hit the shore and a marina filled with rusting and partially sunken boats, so we turned south and made our way back towards the hotel before those things beat us there and could cut us off.

"WHAT THE F*CK WERE THOSE THINGS????" - Antidoter screamed through tears
"HOW THE HELL SHOULD WE KNOW?" - Phantom
"THEY LOOKED LIKE SOME KIND OF F*CKING ZOMBIE MEGA DEMON" - Me
"Guys stop yelling, one of them might hear us and co-" - YYW

He didnt even get to finish his sentence because right as he got the words out of his mouth before one of the beasts leaped out of the woodwork and almost took out Phantom.

"HOLY SH**!" - ME
"RUN!" - ANTI

We all took off, in opposite directions. Me and Phantom ran back towards the hotel, YYW and Antidoter headed back north towards the bridge. The beast glanced at both of us as we fled, and then made its way towards YYW and Anti.

"Phantom Stop! Its heading for YYW and Anti, we have to help them!" - ME
"Are you out of your f*cking mind??? We cant kill that thing!" - Phantom
"We cant just leave them behind, they'll be dead for sure!" - Me
"They ARE dead Thett, theres nothing we can do!" - Phantom
"WE ARE NOT LEAVING THEM BEHIND!" - I yelled as I tried to grab Phantoms arm and slow him down.

Phantom jerked away from my reach and kept running.

"If you wanna go die, then thats your choice! Im out of here!" - Phantom. And he kept running.

And now I was stuck there, torn between fleeing with Phantom, which felt like the cowards way out, or going back to help Antidoter and YYW, which felt like the highway to death. I couldn't just leave them behind but for f*cks sake we are being attacked by giant zombie dogs or some sh**! Maybe they'll be ok..... Maybe not.

I stood there stuck in trying to make a decision, all while the screams of condemned men being eaten alive and the sound of gunfire echoed from beyond the bushes on the highway. I twitched and shivered as if my body was desperately awaiting orders for which way to sprint, but my mind was paralyzed between two ugly choices without an alternative third choice that could resolve the situation......

But theres always been a third option, something that would miraculously happen that would somehow fix everything. Why isnt there one now???

"F*ck it" I said

And I ran towards where Phantom had fled.

The guilt that swept over me about leaving Antidoter and YYW to die a certain death was overwhelming, but the one thing that meant more to me then maybe saving my friends was the undying will to live, even if id wasnt the romantic or right thing to prioritize.... Maybe theyll somehow make it, maybe ill be killed by these things and poetic justice will be done anyways....

I kept pondering these philosophies of whether it was better to go fight or take flight when I reached the hotel, where other people had already begun to defend it with actual weapons this time. Apparently Mr. God's HQ got the memo that giant zombie hounds had just lay waste to half of their forces and were heading their way. I checked the roads and could still see two of the beasts in the distance tearing men with nothing better then knives as weapons to complete shreds, I got ready to haul a** towards the hotel when I saw Phantom in the middle of the street.

Dead.

And he wasnt the only one.

There were about 4 other people lying in the street not moving even though the beasts were still a ways down the road, and I sat there wondering why they were dead.

Then I watched some guy who looked like a fellow prisoner emerge from the bushes a little up the road and sprint full scale towards the Hotel. I could barely here out what the commanding Nazi yelled over the running man's screams.

"Open fire on all those who are retreating!"

And then the lower ranking Nazi's opened fire on the man.... And he fell to the ground too

I scrambled back into the bushes in disbelief. These f*cking nazi's were shooting the people retreating rather then the f*cking dog things!

And now I was trapped in another lose-lose situation..... Death at the hands of the dog things, or the nazi's....

No fight or flight this time, now I had to pick my own poison.

More and more men fled towards the Hotel Mr God was centered in, and one by one they were gunned down. Soon there were 10 bodies in the street. Then 20.

Then 50.

I quickly lost track of where Phantom was lying, I tried to see if Antidoter and YYW were among those trying to flee or fight, but there was no sign of them.

"Thett!" I turned around, it was OberHer
"Ober! Shhhh, get down!" I yelled back
"The Nazi's are killing their own people who wont fight those..... things!" - Ober
"I know!" - Me
"Well what do we do now?" - Ober
"I dont know!"

He got down next to me and we watched as the beasts progressed up the street towards the guards near the Hotel as they readied their arms to take down the dogs.

"If we wait until the dogs attack the hotel, we can sneak around them and head back up the road and see if we can find any other survivors!" - I said to Ober
"Wait, you don't know?" - Ober
"Don't know what?" - Me

"Theres dozens of them back there!" - Ober

ok NOW we're f*cked.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 4:54:20 PM
Previous episode: http://www.debate.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 5:29:25 PM
At 12/3/2013 5:26:45 PM, Bullish wrote:
Put me in now.

I've been on the top of the list for like 4 episodes now. The suspense is killing me.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 5:31:04 PM
Anyhow, good episode, good development of Nazi strategy, but I felt there wasn't enough emphasis on people getting torn up. I mean a guy having his guts torn out deserves a little more imagery.
0x5f3759df
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:08:26 PM
At 12/3/2013 5:31:04 PM, Bullish wrote:
Anyhow, good episode, good development of Nazi strategy, but I felt there wasn't enough emphasis on people getting torn up. I mean a guy having his guts torn out deserves a little more imagery.

Do you want me to speed it up or slow it down then????

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:23:20 AM
Bumping so that people actually have a chance to see this

TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 2:02:31 PM
I'm probably dead...

But I died with YYW, so I didn't Die Alone.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2013 8:09:52 PM
At 12/3/2013 8:08:26 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/3/2013 5:31:04 PM, Bullish wrote:

Do you want me to speed it up or slow it down then????

Slow it down, I suppose. For example, in paragraph 4, you had written:

"Two of them leaped over our pitiful defensive perimeter with ease and promptly began to tear some of the prisoners to shreds..."

This was uncharacteristically simple. The short and terse description of "tear some of the prisoners to shreds" just doesn't cut it. It neither describes a presumably inhumanely gory scene in enough vivid detail, nor utilize the curt manner effectively to convey the abruptness of the horror. I understand that you probably made this choice to push the plot along as quickly as possible, since a pause inserted here would feel unnatural.

What you could have done was describe the scene from more of a first person perspective. This would enable you to really get the imagery across without making the interrupter overly awkward. Observe:

"Two of them leaped over our pitiful defensive perimeter with ease. I watched in petrifying horror as the violently screeching beasts promptly sank their teeth into human flesh. The helpless guy under it's clutches let out an inhumanly torturous sound, as the beast ripped his arm off of his bloody frame by vigorously smushing his body on the ground like a rag doll; blood pulsed out of his arm socket that still had part of the tendons attached to it. <P> The slow, human zombies, they simply pile on top of their victims and slowly chew through... But these savage monsters aren't wishy-washy like that -- they are the more capable of striking heart-attack-inducing fear than any zombie... I barely had the time to piss my pants when one of them locked eyes with me."

It is also a good idea to set the scene in people's brains early on, and not have to repeat this imagery every time later in the story.
0x5f3759df