MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:32:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/3/2013 7:29:35 PM, BrainofanIndividual wrote:
Is it possible to destroy a black hole?

Black holes are a little tricky. Rather than thinking of them as solid objects, it"s better to think of them as "messed up patches of geometry". Destroying a black hole is just as difficult as destroying any patch of space. So, if by setting off a bomb you could change how rulers measure distance in a particular region of space, then you could affect a black hole.

Chucking anti-matter into a black hole would actually make it bigger. Anti-matter, as the named doesn"t imply, is made of the same "stuff" as ordinary matter. That is, if you were made of anti-matter, everything about you would be exactly the same (there are some subtleties with regard to neutrino emission, but who notices that?). The big thing that makes matter and anti-matter different is that bringing them together makes them cancel each other out, dumping all of their intrinsic energy (of the "E=MC2" variety) into a big boom.

Even if it did contact some matter inside, there"s no direction the explosion could go that doesn"t point toward the center. Beyond the event horizon all directions point down (and that"s messed up geometry).

Another way to look at it is; gravity is generated by both matter and energy, so converting a black hole"s matter into energy wouldn"t change much. You still have the same amount of matter/energy, and thus the same amount of gravity.

A spinning black hole can (in theory) produce a naked singularity, and maybe there"s something that can be done with that (most theories don"t have many definitive things to say about singularities), but probably not. Black holes are pretty tough.
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:34:13 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:30:00 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
What's in a name?

That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet. (Romeo and Juliet reference)
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:36:03 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:30:22 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Why do you want us to ask you questions?

I feel satisfied for others and myself to teach others and to correct mistakes. Just an interest of mine.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:37:48 PM
How come we can still see nuetron stars?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:38:30 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:36:57 PM, SubjectiveMorality wrote:
Can you fix the 1/0 problem?

If that worked it would be extremely useful. However, it just doesn"t jive with the axioms of arithmetic.
People in the math biz are always making up place holders for things that aren"t known or, in some cases, can"t exist. Euler (pronounced "Oiler", as in "one who oils") wanted to come up with a number system that included a solution to x2+1=0. He called that solution " ", for "Imaginary number" or possibly "Incredibly awesome number" (I think it"s the latter).

As it happens, there are no problems involved with defining . In fact, it really cleans up a lot of math. 1/0 on the other hand is kind of a train wreck.

Define (for "Quite a bit more awesome than ") as the solution to . That is, define as "1/0R43;, so it"s the "multiplicative inverse" of 0. Right off the bat there"s a problem:

This is because zero is defined as "x-x" for any number or variable x. So by assuming (and the laws of arithmetic) you reach an impossible conclusion!

You could try to patch this problem, for example by declaring that . Even so:

Again, by defining to be true, you"re led to a contradiction. Mo" logic, mo" problems. You could fix this problem by declaring that associativity doesn"t apply to . That is, . Losing associativity is a big deal though. Without it you can barely do anything.

You can keep going, finding more problems and declaring more "fixes", but in short order you"ll find that by the time you"re done patching things you"ll have more problems, exceptions, and caveats than just "1/0 is undefined".

Best to just leave 1/0 undefined.
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:42:30 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:38:04 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Also, what is 0/0?

In calculus and other branches of mathematical analysis, an indeterminate form is an algebraic expression obtained in the context of limits. Limits involving algebraic operations are often performed by replacing subexpressions by their limits; if the expression obtained after this substitution does not give enough information to determine the original limit, it is known as an indeterminate form. The indeterminate forms include 00, 0/0, 1W34;, W34; W22; W34;, W34;/W34;, 0 " W34;, and W34;0.
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:46:46 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:37:48 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
How come we can still see nuetron stars?

Neutron stars pack their mass inside a 20-kilometer (12.4 miles) diameter. They are so dense that a single teaspoon would weigh a billion tons " assuming you somehow managed to snag a sample without being captured by the body's strong gravitational pull. On average, gravity on a neutron star is 2 billion times stronger than gravity on Earth. In fact, it's strong enough to significantly bend radiation from the star in a process known as gravitational lensing, allowing astronomers to see some of the back side of the star.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:47:02 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:36:03 PM, MathandScienceprodigy wrote:

I feel satisfied for others and myself to teach others and to correct mistakes. Just an interest of mine.

Do you have a god complex?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 7:51:40 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:47:02 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/3/2013 7:36:03 PM, MathandScienceprodigy wrote:

Do you have a god complex?

No. However, I would like to answer the question: Does God exist?

This derivation isn"t particularly easy, but bear with me. It"s essentially a re-phrasing of a joint work by Descartes, Godel, and Hawking.

Beginning with the unitarity of quantum probability you find the non-vanishing deism coefficient manifest.

The set of neononontological logical absolutes is provably finite, whereas the set of Descartian, or singly self referencing (once recursive), logical postulates is substantially larger. For example, permitting God to create an object so big that he can"t move it, while simultaneously noting that (being all powerful) he can certainly move it, is a statement contained within the Descartian set, and outside of standard (mortal) logic. By necessity, the more all encompassing logic is infinitely larger.

Indeed, using a Cantorian decomposition on the larger set one can clearly see the smaller set made apparent. That is to say, the restrictions of mortal absolutes form a fractal "Chopra surface" on the larger set in "absolutes space".

The quasimobius structure of absolutes space is established by the most basic mathematical inference. So, once a single point in the Descartian volume has been established, then the remainder of the set follows immediately by Godelian extension. But, keep in mind that the initial premise is based on quantum unitarity (which has been mathematically and experimentally proven), and as such, the projection hypothesis holds.

The "projection hypothesis", an inescapable result of modern quantum theory, postulates that consciousness is an integral part of the structure of the universe. Moreover, according to Alan Sokal, a PhD physics professor from New York city, ""the distinction between observer and observed; the of Euclid and the G of Newton, formerly thought to be constant and universal, are now perceived in their ineluctable historicity; and the putative observer becomes fatally de-centered, disconnected from any epistemic link to a space-time point that can no longer be defined by geometry alone." (reference)

Therefore, by psuedodyadicism, the existence of any consciousness capable of comprehending an almighty or all-encompassing system, induces (technically: "projects") a "pocket" into absolutes space, establishing an interior point, allowing for the divining of the existence of the whole of the set of Descartian absolutes. Obviously, this only strictly implies the existence of neoDescartian absolutes, but the paleoDescartian set follows immediately.

Obviously, the ratio of the q-measure of the higher postulates to the totality of absolutes space is the probability that those higher postulates hold in our universe. (This technique is common practice in most of the scientific community, but is almost unheard of in physics circles, which are mired in orthodoxy.)

But, having a higher dimensionality than the set of mortal absolutes (being circular, they have a dimension of ) implies immediately that the ratio is 1-1. I.e., an almighty consciousness capable of everything must necessarily exist. QED

Of course this only holds for our universe.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:01:58 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:28:40 PM, MathandScienceprodigy wrote:
Hello.

I am both a psychist and a philosopher. Please ask me any questions.

What is a 'psychist'?

How can we get YouTube to go back to normal?

How can we get Google to stop trying to merge our accounts and force us onto Google+?

How should we live our lives when we have the flu?

What should I do with my fanfiction novel once I'm finished writing it?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 10:36:49 PM
At 12/3/2013 7:53:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Do you have a set list of questions you want us to ask you?

Not really. You can ask me any question.
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 11:04:34 PM
At 12/3/2013 8:01:58 PM, philochristos wrote:
Hello.

What is a 'psychist'?

A physicist is a scientist who does research in physics. Physicists study a wide range of physical phenomena in many branches of physics spanning all length scales: from sub-atomic particles of which all ordinary matter is made (particle physics) to the behavior of the material Universe as a whole (cosmology).

How can we get YouTube to go back to normal?

How can we get Google to stop trying to merge our accounts and force us onto Google+?

I heard that they don't listen to their peoples' feedback. For such an E-mail service, you would have to discuss about this topic with them.

How should we live our lives when we have the flu?

Most people with the flu have mild illness and do not need medical care or antiviral drugs. If you get sick with flu symptoms, in most cases, you should stay home and avoid contact with other people except to get medical care.
If, however, you have symptoms of flu and are in a high risk group, are very sick or worried about your illness, contact your health care provider (doctor, physician"s assistant, etc.).

Certain people are at greater risk of serious flu-related complications (including young children, elderly persons, pregnant women and people with certain long-term medical conditions) and this is true both for seasonal flu and novel flu virus infections. (For a full list of people at higher risk of flu-related complications, see People at High Risk of Developing Flu"Related Complications). If you are in a high risk group and develop flu symptoms, it"s best for you to contact your doctor. Remind them about your high risk status for flu.

Health care providers will determine whether influenza testing and possible treatment are needed. Your doctor may prescribe antiviral drugs that can treat the flu. These drugs work better for treatment the sooner they are started.

What should I do with my fanfiction novel once I'm finished writing it?

Publish it. However, you will be held accountable for every word and letter you write. Let the reader know whether its appropriate for their age.
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 11:13:13 PM
So, our goal is to give you a question that you simply can't answer. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

What is the integral of secant squared x times dx?
Where do I live?
What is my real name?
Who invented the Internet?
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Who is the creator of DDO?
How many fingers an I holding up?
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 11:15:32 PM
Also, are you a math and science prodigy?
And, are you smarter than a 5th grader?
And, are you smarter than me?
Finally (not), where's Waldo?
30 Important Life Lessons
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
MathandScienceprodigy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 11:27:18 PM
At 12/3/2013 11:00:02 PM, Cermank wrote:
What would be my reply to your reply on this post?

That depends on what I post.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 11:32:15 PM
Hello.

Are you aware that your username is pretentious, and therefore amusing?
Tsar of DDO