Updated Presidential Platform

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:19:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ok let me explain why Im doing this:

It is universal knowledge on DDO at this point that the three main candidates running for President are TUF, CodyFranklin, and for some weird reason, myself. How I ended up in the top three is beyond me, but Ive actually had people ask me to run a more serious campaign just to see what happens. I figured that I can troll just about any election, but that if I DID take one seriously, this would be the one to do so.... That being said, I now have to tweak my presidential platform a bit since the first one was made entirely for trolling purposes, So here is my updated platform:

- 1 - A More Liberal Banning Policy

As everyone on here knows, there are very, VERY few things that a President can promise to change that doesnt depend on heavy help from Juggle...... Of the few things that a president can do that does not involve massive intervention from Juggle, banning people is one of them.

Airmax, as fantastic as he has been, is also known for being very, VERY conservative in bringing out the banhammer on people, which is noble sure, but I bet it gets annoying to some people on DDO that so many idiots run around the site without any fear of being silenced.

The two other main candidates right now are TUF and Cody.... If Cody were elected president, you can bet that he would be pretty soft on banning idiots since he tries to see the good in everything in everyone all the time. TUF is also in the same boat since he, like Cody, rarely ever gets in fights with complete idiots and also likes to always take the high road in dealing with them. TUF, like Cody, would also most likely have a very soft, squishy banning policy on people who probably should be removed from the site.

I on the other hand, am NOT someone known to be caring or nice to complete idiots.... in fact Im probably the most infamous person on the site when it comes down to clashing with idiots in the only language that idiots speak, which is flamewars..... So if you are looking for someone to really bring down the hammer on stupid people on DDO, then im the guy youre looking for.

I know that banning people for allegedly being stupid could scare some people, so let me explicitly spell out what my policy for banning people would be:

- 1 - Poll Spammers -------- If you spam a lot of polls, you get one severe warning to cease doing so immediately. If you continue to spam polls, then youre banned..... If you go several weeks between spamming sessions, you get a second warning, and then anything after that will result in a banning

- 2 - People who only post hate content ------ Remember falconduler and qopel? People like those two who only ever posted stuff to sh** on the jews, blacks, gays, or people whose entire existence is to go out and pick fights with people on DDO would be banned under my administration almost immediately without a second thought when it is apparent that they will not stop..... I think everyone on here agrees that Qopel wasnt banned from DDO soon enough, and if I were President, I would be that guy who brings out the banhammer right away on people who clearly cant be fixed, like Qopel.

- 3 - Idiots --------- THIS is the one where people get touchy, the policy of banning stupid people just because they are really, really REALLY stupid..... But I have a solution that might appease some of you. I will not be the judge, jury, and executioner of whether or not someone gets banned for being a complete idiot......... YOU will.

Remember when public trials were a thing, like with Izbo10? I would bring that idea back when dealing with exceptionally stupid people, where the people of DDO, ALL of the people of DDO, could pass judgement on whether or not someone should be kicked off of DDO because they are excessively stupid.

To some of you, that sounds like mob rule. And you know what, you would be correct. I am proposing mob rule, because this is OUR site and I think its time we take it back by kicking out one idiot at a time..... It sounds pretty old school and barbaric, and thats what im bringing to the table on this one, some old school a** kicking to the people who really shouldnt be here.

I know this sounds terrible to some people, but I sincerely believe that everyone on DDO should be able to vote people who contribute nothing and bring down the quality of the site off of DDO, similar to how people get voted off on the show Survivor... In this case only people who act like complete idiots are voted on.

This policy of a more liberal banning policy is the center of my platform I am running on since that is the one thing that I can actually promise, deliver, and control, that doesnt rely on heavy intervention from Juggle

- 2 - Pressure to Remove the Opinions Section from DDO

This, along with everything else I would like to change apart from the banning policy, will require heavy intervention from Juggle, but this is priority number 1 for me for what Juggle needs to address. Everyone here knows fairly well that in hindsight, the Opinions Section was not a good addition to DDO in terms of quality. Not even close. The polls section is 50/50 but there is almost universal agreement by people on DDO that the opinions section should probably be deleted or removed.

Remember a few weeks ago when Juggle actually put out a memo asking people for programming skills if they would like to work for Juggle to help update DDO? Theres a reason why they are asking people for help. In the thread in the main DDO main page you can still see on the front page, there is a thread (shown here http://www.debate.org...... ) where it says:

"Over the past 12 months, Debate.org has grown from 10,000 daily visitors to 140,000 users per day. Due to traffic growth and the legacy debate platform we inherited when we acquired the site, our three developers dedicated to Debate.org have been working extensively on back-end infrastructure and performance optimizations to ensure reliability for our rapidly growing user base."

Juggle literally admits that the traffic on DDO has grown so massive, that the developers they currently have under contract spend all their time simply trying to maintain the site and keep it running, and they go on to admit that proposed updates have had to wait because of all the traffic they are getting..... I know this is true, because many of us remember that day when you couldnt log on to DDO for several hours and the error message you received literally said "MEMORY IS FULL"

Therefore, I believe that the opinions section should simply be deleted or somehow removed from DDO because it will allow Juggle to more adequately handle traffic flow on DDO, (which will then that will allow for Juggle to pursue other proposed updates to DDO like team debates and other such things that would be much better additions to DDO) while at the same time removing the Opinions section from the site which really did not do much for the quality of the site.

- 3 - Other changes I would try to implement

Should the opinions section not be deleted/removed but Juggle still finds a way to start updating the site on a regular basis again, these are updates and changes I would push for:

- Cap limit on how many polls you can make per hour (2)

- Automatic deletion of polls that have already been made (So we wont have 90 polls about legalizing Gay Marriage or asking if God exists)

- Automatic deletion of debates that are forfeited multiple times by both sides so that the debate doesnt clog up the voting section

- Automatic wins to debates where one side commits a full forfeit so that the debate doesnt clog up the voting section

- Team debates (This is lower on the list because im still skeptical on how frequently it would be used)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:23:56 PM
Summary: Im actually going to take this seriously and I updated my platform to reflect that. My platform is centered around:

1 - A more liberal banning policy

2 - Strongly push for the Removal/deletion of the Opinions Section by Juggle

3 - Should Juggle be able to start updating the site again, I would push for updates to automatically delete debates that have been forfeited by both sides, and for debates that were fully forfeited by one side to automatically be given a score of 15-0, which will keep a bulk of the bad debates from cluttering up the voting section, which will help curb the lack of voting issue that I think is the most prevalent problem on DDO
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:42:43 PM
I must admit this does sound interesting.
However the only reason I would ever vote for you is if I wanted something a little crazy.

Maybe I do.
Nolite Timere
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:44:37 PM
At 12/3/2013 8:42:43 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I must admit this does sound interesting.
However the only reason I would ever vote for you is if I wanted something a little crazy.

Thats basically what im shooting for :P

Maybe I do.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:44:37 PM
Ima, I have to ask how you plan on obtaining any of these. As you should be aware (Airmax has said several times), that mod powers do not come with the presidency. Meaning you have to be able to work with Juggle and the mods to achieve any of these goals.

Do you believe that you can convince Juggle to "ban stupid people?"
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:48:38 PM
At 12/3/2013 8:44:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Ima, I have to ask how you plan on obtaining any of these. As you should be aware (Airmax has said several times), that mod powers do not come with the presidency.

Knowing me thats probably a good thing

Meaning you have to be able to work with Juggle and the mods to achieve any of these goals.

1) If the community votes on the trial of a stupid person at risk of being banned for excessive stupidity, then the community agrees someone is a problem member nd should be removed, which I think is a reasonable way to convince Juggle to ban someone for being excessively stupid.

2) To my knowledge, banning people only involves the mods (Airmax), not Juggle, meaning they might just let the modding/banning policy go however the president believes it should go.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:55:08 PM
Juggle is needed for updates and handling the opinion section, but only the mods are needed for enforcing the banning policy, which makes it much easier to campaign on since a president can enforce it way easier then push for updates from Juggle

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:55:51 PM
At 12/3/2013 8:48:38 PM, imabench wrote:
Ima, I have to ask how you plan on obtaining any of these. As you should be aware (Airmax has said several times), that mod powers do not come with the presidency.

Meaning you have to be able to work with Juggle and the mods to achieve any of these goals.

1) If the community votes on the trial of a stupid person at risk of being banned for excessive stupidity, then the community agrees someone is a problem member nd should be removed, which I think is a reasonable way to convince Juggle to ban someone for being excessively stupid.

We already have that with the trial system and mods already have the power to enforce it.

2) To my knowledge, banning people only involves the mods (Airmax), not Juggle, meaning they might just let the modding/banning policy go however the president believes it should go.

It goes however the mods believe it should go. (A) Why insert the President and (b) why do you think that the mods would have any reason to listen to you specifically?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 8:56:18 PM

I will grant that may be a way to convince Juggle. Though you are going to be hard pressed to go through a trial for every "stupid" person.

You still have to get the mod to go with it and nothing I've seen has suggested that Airmax will do whatever the president asks. Also, even banned members can contact Juggle to protest being banned to have it questioned and reversed. Juggle isn't involved because they trust the mod, but that trust can easily be broken.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:01:41 PM
I'm surprised--I like your serious platform.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:02:06 PM
At 12/3/2013 8:56:18 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I will grant that may be a way to convince Juggle. Though you are going to be hard pressed to go through a trial for every "stupid" person.

Oh yeah that will be a pain in the a** for me, but Ill make sure to only go after the biggest idiots first, the ones who are so dumb it actually drags down the quality of the site.

Youre average stupid person doesnt really harm the site that much (they make great fodder for the weekly stupid), but people who are massively stupid do impact the site negatively, and they are the ones most susceptible to be put on trial....

You still have to get the mod to go with it and nothing I've seen has suggested that Airmax will do whatever the president asks.

Ive worked with Airmax quite a bit and I dont think he would put himself above the presidency and make himself the final law of the land.... Thats kind of why hes stepping down last time I checked.

Also, even banned members can contact Juggle to protest being banned to have it questioned and reversed.

If they figure out how to do that and convince Juggle to have them be unbanned, then they probably are smart enough to not be put on trial for being too stupid in the first place.

On the other hand, that sounds like another fair check and balance against the system I am proposing.

Juggle isn't involved because they trust the mod, but that trust can easily be broken.

Airmax has pretty good relations with them I believe, and there arent too many stupid people so stupid they would be banned for it to really be an issue.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:05:54 PM
At 12/3/2013 8:55:51 PM, Noumena wrote:

We already have that with the trial system and mods already have the power to enforce it.

I would expand the trial system to rule on the fates of those who are excessively stupid, not just problem members who are excessively nasty and cant really be controlled.

It goes however the mods believe it should go.

Yep

(A) Why insert the President and (b) why do you think that the mods would have any reason to listen to you specifically?

1) If I know Airmax the way I think I know him, he wont put himself above the president with mod powers to rule over DDO the way he sees fit. Hes smarter and more humble then that

2) If the people of DDO agree that someone should be banned from DDO because they are so stupid it severely is impacting the site, I dont see why Airmax would overrule a majority of DDO and impose his will over theirs.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:15:04 PM
Who is your VP pick for your serious campaign--I would be interested to know. I do sort of want a more liberal banning policy, and I might vote for you b.c of that. I would want to know who your veep is first however...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:18:56 PM
At 12/3/2013 9:15:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Who is your VP pick for your serious campaign--I would be interested to know. I do sort of want a more liberal banning policy, and I might vote for you b.c of that. I would want to know who your veep is first however...

Yeah im still kinda working on that.....

I might just make another signup sheet and let people leave their names again, then pick whoever I think would be best after 4 days or so

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:19:57 PM
At 12/3/2013 9:18:56 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/3/2013 9:15:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Yeah im still kinda working on that.....

I might just make another signup sheet and let people leave their names again, then pick whoever I think would be best after 4 days or so

That might work. If you do that, put me down as an option. I'd be up for it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:26:43 PM
Vice Presidential Signup Sheet

1 - bsh1
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:31:50 PM
Was I the only one who interviewed with Imabench?
30 Important Life Lessons
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:33:09 PM
At 12/3/2013 9:31:50 PM, yay842 wrote:
Was I the only one who interviewed with Imabench?

Technically yes.

You were first, Crypto went AWOL and refused to answer any of the questions, and everyone else after Crypto got canceled since I kinda decided to make this serious :P

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:41:11 PM
At 12/3/2013 9:39:50 PM, 19debater19 wrote:
Hey, imabench, I wanna have a troll-off.

im honored you devoted your first post in the forums to me but the answer is a resounding 'pass'

19debater19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:42:43 PM
At 12/3/2013 9:41:11 PM, imabench wrote:

im honored you devoted your first post in the forums to me but the answer is a resounding 'pass'

Why??
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:44:27 PM
At 12/3/2013 9:42:43 PM, 19debater19 wrote:

Why??

1) Im kinda busy right now
2) I literally have no idea who you are
3) You havent asserted yourself as a worthy troll yet

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:53:05 PM
Who the hell was that moron? :/
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:56:50 PM
At 12/3/2013 9:26:43 PM, imabench wrote:
Vice Presidential Signup Sheet

1 - bsh1
2 - Citra
3 -
4 -
5 -

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:57:34 PM
At 12/3/2013 9:42:43 PM, 19debater19 wrote:

Why??

Because he already got his asss handed to him by me ;)

and my diss raps in this thread: http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:57:58 PM
I'm gonna sign up as a VP next year. Still a rookie, evolving from my noobness.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 9:58:49 PM
Vice Presidential Signup Sheet:

1 - bsh1
2 - Citrakayah
3 - Subutai
4 -
5-
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 10:01:09 PM
At 12/3/2013 10:00:07 PM, theultimatetroller wrote:
Hey i heard one of you is the best troller on the site. give me some pointers please

^ Read and learn