Jump to topic:

Help us help you!

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 4:41:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hello again, Debate.org friends! I had something much more complex, and drawn out today, but I have decided to cut a lot of the jargon down, and get straight to the points. "Help us, Help you" will be our official campaign slogan for this election, because to me, that is what this election is all about.

I have presented a baseline platform, but in light of recent occurrences, I would like to expand/clarify some on things in the platform. My original platform did focus heavily on pushing for updates specific to what the user wanted, backed by me putting in the work for such things. But I want to briefly express to you, that this is not the sole purposes for my running in this election, as it may have been perceived.

In fact, the main reason these things are important to me, is because they are important to the debate.org community. I think the most successful type of president, is one that is willing and able to listen to those that look up to him. It's easy to tell people what they want to hear, and spin an eloquent excuse as to why such things aren"t possible therein hiding any physical exemption at wanting to complete said task. We have seen this happen before, in real life, and in past DDO communities. So to me, what will really separate a president is the goals he sets with the community, and the lengths he is willing to go to fulfill them. That is why I am running. I can honestly make a difference here, and I have full and complete plans of accomplishing just that. So here are some things you can expect from me, if I am elected to be next DDO president.

1. I am on the community's side, and will always side with the community regardless of any conflicting scenario I may be faced with. While I realize this requires work with Alex, and the Juggle team, my primary purpose for running is to support the community and nothing further. With that, I don"t think there is anything that isn't possible to accomplish.

2. Persistence. In the past, presidents have not always been able to give the community the things that they have asked for. There are external forces that they do not have control over. I think in such situations, a working motivation to work with such external forces continuously, would be the best approach. Understand their side, look for ways to solve both problems, and eventually implement. Again, I don"t think there is any goal that isn"t possible to make work, such that both sides are content. My primary drive, would be to find those solutions, such that community goals can be reached, no matter how hard a push such efforts might require. Getting it done in a timely fashion is equally important to me.

3. Taking new ideas and suggestions more seriously. It is sad to see member make threads with ideas and suggestions for a better community go unnoticed, and un-answered. But unfortunately, it happens all the time. We have seen members put forth vast amounts of effort in volunteer service, simply to get no recognition, or positive feedback. We have seen members, like raisor, rross"s, larztheloser, ClassicRobert, YYW, Yraelz, and many others make suggestions, or offer ideas that get shutdown easily or ignored. This in effect, causes negative feelings toward the site, and can often lead to members leaving altogether, or spending less time here. I want to work on eliminating these feelings as much as possible. My goal is to expand on these ideas, work out feasibility of implementing them, weigh the potential of positive results, and if all looks good, work on making them happen.

I am adding these as a revision to my platform, because I noticed that I didn"t make a big enough mention on some of these things. These things are my priority along with member appreciation, community building, and debate/voting increases.
The final thing I will address is moderator abilities. I didn"t want to go to much into this, but since there has been a lot of questions in reference to them, and a lot of candidates placing emphasis on them, I will talk about my perspective on them really quick. As a president, I don"t think moderator abilities are "necessary" to be a great president. With that said, I can understand how they can be important to a community, as it does largely effect them. Also with the way things have been run in the past, a lot of presidential duties have required such abilities. I don"t want to make a big deal about them though, because I think everything in my campaign can be accomplished without them. Hypothetically, if I were considered for moderation abilities, I would be fully ready and able to accept any responsibilities they required if it is important to the community. At this time, I have not asked for such abilities, and I probably will not, unless a good number of member feedback shows that this is a deciding factor for their vote. Once again, I am excited for the opportunity to serve my community, and anticipate the upcoming election. Thank you once again to everyone who has been supporting me so far, and I encourage anyone else who is interested in helping and supporting to contact me, so we can make more great things happen. My predecessors have made an amazing example of themselves, and I only wish to further that example.

Sky is the limit! So, once again, Help us Help you, Vote TUF! (Pardon any grammar mistakes, I wrote this from my cell phone)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 8:03:42 AM
I kinda like you..... You might have my vote...
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 8:47:52 AM
At 12/4/2013 8:03:42 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Thanks for the support!!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:24:45 AM
At 12/4/2013 8:47:52 AM, TUF wrote:
At 12/4/2013 8:03:42 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Thanks for the support!!

Actually, I've just decided to instigate an official DDO anarchy so.... Sorry
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9