Jump to topic:

Why I chose to give TUF my support as VP

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 10:54:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would like to take a moment to address why I chose to give TUF my support by becoming his VP.

If you wish to read the platform for yourself, it is right here. After I saw it, I knew who I wanted in office.

https://docs.google.com...

See, one of the president"s main roles is to advocate for improvements to Juggle according to the suggestions of the community. However, past updates have left us feeling as though our input is little valued. We"ve seen the site become more opinion oriented, and we still don"t have team debates. Pretty much every presidential candidate for the past couple of years has advocated for that, but they have been unable to get this sort of thing done. However, TUF is a man of action.

He saw that voting had been going down on DDO, so he made prized voting tournaments, both of which have been very successful for increasing voting. He didn"t just complain about the problem, but he devised and implemented a solution. This sort of "just do it" mentality will certainly transfer into his presidency.

So what"s his solution for the disconnect between the goals of the community and the updates that Juggle makes? It"s to do the legwork, making it as easy as possible for Juggle to implement the changes that the community wants. He has already started programming team debates, and we have begun work on building a mobile app for DDO. Once this is done and he presents this to Juggle, all Juggle will have to do is copy/paste the code in (rather than them having to do all of the work themselves), and we"ll have team debates, among other features that the community wants.

This is the fundamental difference between TUF and the other candidates. Though I believe that every candidate in the running is respected within the community and will do a fine job with the position of leadership, TUF has the potential to fundamentally change the nature of presidential advocacy towards Juggle to be more than just asking for change. TUF is a man of action, and that is why I support him for the presidency.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 11:13:04 AM
Thanks CR. I know that your support of me is honest, and I thankyou for all the time you have already put into helping me with this. I think a larger community effort to get things done will also help accomplish all these things, and because I have seen you personally service the site, I believe that your goals are in line with supporting a better DDO, and I am honored to have you as my vice.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 11:13:59 AM
At 12/4/2013 10:54:18 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
I would like to take a moment to address why I chose to give TUF my support by becoming his VP.

If you wish to read the platform for yourself, it is right here. After I saw it, I knew who I wanted in office.

https://docs.google.com...

See, one of the president"s main roles is to advocate for improvements to Juggle according to the suggestions of the community. However, past updates have left us feeling as though our input is little valued. We"ve seen the site become more opinion oriented, and we still don"t have team debates. Pretty much every presidential candidate for the past couple of years has advocated for that, but they have been unable to get this sort of thing done. However, TUF is a man of action.

He saw that voting had been going down on DDO, so he made prized voting tournaments, both of which have been very successful for increasing voting. He didn"t just complain about the problem, but he devised and implemented a solution. This sort of "just do it" mentality will certainly transfer into his presidency.

So what"s his solution for the disconnect between the goals of the community and the updates that Juggle makes? It"s to do the legwork, making it as easy as possible for Juggle to implement the changes that the community wants. He has already started programming team debates, and we have begun work on building a mobile app for DDO. Once this is done and he presents this to Juggle, all Juggle will have to do is copy/paste the code in (rather than them having to do all of the work themselves), and we"ll have team debates, among other features that the community wants.

I would just like to add of course, that before any of this can be done I would need more specific user ideas. I have had some, from private messages with select people, but I think all of DDO should have the chance at offering feedback before I would present anything official to Juggle, since it effects everyone.

This is the fundamental difference between TUF and the other candidates. Though I believe that every candidate in the running is respected within the community and will do a fine job with the position of leadership, TUF has the potential to fundamentally change the nature of presidential advocacy towards Juggle to be more than just asking for change. TUF is a man of action, and that is why I support him for the presidency.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 11:27:10 AM
This was quite convincing. I just might vote for you.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 11:48:37 AM
At 12/4/2013 11:27:10 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
This was quite convincing. I just might vote for you.

Thankyou for your support! If you are interested in helping out, please contact me and classic robert. :)