Jump to topic:

The Hitchslap Supports Cody!!!

TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 8:07:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
As you may already know, the Presidential Campaign is on the way and rolling, and we're facing 3 key members nominating themselves and putting themselves up for an election.

Those three members are TUF, ImaBench, and Cody_Franklin.

Now for a president, I don't know about you but I want someone with a good amount of intellectual vigor. I want someone who can represent the diverse views of everyone here on DDO, and not divide us when it comes to our representation. I want someone who has been around here for quite some time, who knows the DDO website and can get it done when it comes to dealing with Juggle. Someone with experience leading in a position like this, with a friendly demeanor willing to compromise!

In short: I want Cody_Franklin to be our next president of DDO, and I strongly note that when elections come around I will be voting for him, and encourage other members to do the same.

Now ... please don't get me wrong. I'm good friends with Imabench, which I think has been pretty well noted at this time, and I have what I would call a shaky relationship with TUF. And though I have no doubt that Cody will have immense challenges against these two vibrant personalities, allow me to explain why I choose not to support either one of them and instead choose Cody.

1) TUF is well noted in the community for supporting voting initiatives. He tried to get incentives done to prevent VBing, and did a good job. However, personally we've had problems.
You see, I dared to vote against him on a debate once against Smithereens. He asked me to re-check the vote, and I did, only to re-vote the same way prior. TUF would have lost, and I found myself in a middle of a fight between me and him over it.

Now I understand voting is something that is contested and sensitive, but he did something dangerous. I felt as though he utilized his prestige, to force a sitting president to delete a debate due to this loss.

Now sure, we all disagree right? Who cares right? I didn't take it personally, he disagreed and had another person look at it ..

Until he accused me of being someone who chronically votebombs... an unfair characterization, and in fact out right defamation of my reputation. What an insult!

Now this isn't to bring up old wounds. We've settled it ever since. But DDO you have to ask yourselves this when it comes to voting for him: if he cannot respect the opinions of someone voting on his debate, so much so that he's willing to force the hand of a sitting authority, how can he possibly expect to represent the diverse views here on DDO with which he disagrees with?

In my experience, though yours may differ from mine, he cannot. As such, I cannot vote for him, though I will say he is a nice fellow, aside from this spat. I wish him the best of luck in the contest

2) My well meaning friend Imabench... the founder of the weekly stupid that we all enjoy, is a divisive figure as well. Though I agree with him that a lot of the quotes he finds are indeed stupid, I think that we do see a difference between the more liberal and conservative members here disagreeing, and he is leading that charge for the liberals.

I say again, the president must represent all, NOT just some.

And while there is no doubt that Imabench is a major member on this site, I think that's part of the problem: we do not need him in this kind of a leadership role...he is ALREADY a major leader on this site! What more could he possibly do for us? And for that matter, if he does get elected what will happen to the Weekly Stupid?!?! I think that the loss of the show would be huge on DDO, and keeping it while in Office would be the first time a sitting president would insult his constituents; hardly representative. Nor would I like to see the show given to someone else. I doubt they have the charisma Bench has to pull it off ... it simply wouldn't be the same.

Though, I too wish him good luck in the election as well.

I want a man who does respect these views, and is willing to represent regardless. Someone with the experience of dealing with Juggle in the first place! Someone who can in fact get the job done. A figure who shows the best of DDO, and how smart our members can be when it comes to debate. Cody shows that debate can be honorable, fun, and stimulating for all to enjoy, unlike TUF who makes it about blood, and Bench who hardly takes anything seriously...as entertaining as it may be. And even though me and Cody have had our disagreements, they have always been 1) civil 2) stimulating, and 3) remarkably enjoyable. I pride myself in being able to keep up with him, and I hope I can get on his intellectual level, but when it comes to DDO I have no doubt, that if he were to be in office, DDO would be a much better place. He listens, he ponders, and he is willing to learn from you, if only you give him the opportunity to thrive, I have no doubt that he will soar. I proudly support Cody, and I encourage other members to do the same!

Thank you

--With Love: The Hitchslap.
Thank you for voting!
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 8:53:55 AM
Cody is the most awesome person on DDO. That's enough for me.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 10:18:14 AM
At 12/5/2013 8:53:55 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

I'm voting for him...can he count on your support?
Thank you for voting!
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 10:20:56 AM
At 12/5/2013 10:18:14 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:

Yes lol.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 10:31:41 AM
At 12/5/2013 10:20:56 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 12/5/2013 10:18:14 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:

Yes lol.

atta boy Eitan!
Thank you for voting!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 10:43:30 AM
At 12/5/2013 8:07:39 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:

2) My well meaning friend Imabench... the founder of the weekly stupid that we all enjoy, is a divisive figure as well. Though I agree with him that a lot of the quotes he finds are indeed stupid, I think that we do see a difference between the more liberal and conservative members here disagreeing, and he is leading that charge for the liberals.

I think a tougher banning policy and advocating for the removal of the opinions section doesnt just appeal to liberals.....

And while there is no doubt that Imabench is a major member on this site, I think that's part of the problem: we do not need him in this kind of a leadership role...he is ALREADY a major leader on this site! What more could he possibly do for us?

Cracking down harder on problem members comes to mind....

And for that matter, if he does get elected what will happen to the Weekly Stupid?!?! I think that the loss of the show would be huge on DDO, and keeping it while in Office would be the first time a sitting president would insult his constituents; hardly representative. Nor would I like to see the show given to someone else. I doubt they have the charisma Bench has to pull it off ... it simply wouldn't be the same.

The Weekly Stupid is still going to air if im elected President, that wont change at all.

I want a man who does respect these views, and is willing to represent regardless. Someone with the experience of dealing with Juggle in the first place! Someone who can in fact get the job done. A figure who shows the best of DDO, and how smart our members can be when it comes to debate. Cody shows that debate can be honorable, fun, and stimulating for all to enjoy, unlike TUF who makes it about blood, and Bench who hardly takes anything seriously...as entertaining as it may be. And even though me and Cody have had our disagreements, they have always been 1) civil 2) stimulating, and 3) remarkably enjoyable. I pride myself in being able to keep up with him, and I hope I can get on his intellectual level, but when it comes to DDO I have no doubt, that if he were to be in office, DDO would be a much better place. He listens, he ponders, and he is willing to learn from you, if only you give him the opportunity to thrive, I have no doubt that he will soar. I proudly support Cody, and I encourage other members to do the same!

Thank you

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 11:52:47 AM
At 12/5/2013 10:43:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/5/2013 8:07:39 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:

I think a tougher banning policy and advocating for the removal of the opinions section doesnt just appeal to liberals.....

And while there is no doubt that Imabench is a major member on this site, I think that's part of the problem: we do not need him in this kind of a leadership role...he is ALREADY a major leader on this site! What more could he possibly do for us?

Cracking down harder on problem members comes to mind....

And for that matter, if he does get elected what will happen to the Weekly Stupid?!?! I think that the loss of the show would be huge on DDO, and keeping it while in Office would be the first time a sitting president would insult his constituents; hardly representative. Nor would I like to see the show given to someone else. I doubt they have the charisma Bench has to pull it off ... it simply wouldn't be the same.

The Weekly Stupid is still going to air if im elected President, that wont change at all.

Thank you

Hi would you crack down on banning more than anyone else? Mods already actively facilitate in that and we have a trial system. Nothing you've said seems new or out if the ordinary.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.