Jump to topic:

Imabench Presidential Interview : Via Message

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 1:19:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am sorry to say that my fiance broke my webcam when she was out of town. I was really wanting to do this via tiny chat or skype, but since I can not do that for the time being, I had to stay with messages.

Question

Your banning policy has earned you a lot of hype. It is also one of the strongest parts of you platform. Your stance on spamming polls and hate posts is a great idea. However during one part of your stance, you said you wanted to ban "idiots". How would you classify an idiot, and how would you try to get juggle to ban them. Seeing as how this is entirely subjective and people could try to abuse it to get people banned, how would you work around it and try to make it be fair, ethical, and reasonable?

Answer

However during one part of your stance, you said you wanted to ban "idiots". How would you classify an idiot"

Well im not known for clearly putting my ideas out there and this was one of those things that I screwed up explaining it.

When I said I wanted to ban idiots, what i meant was that I wanted to ban problem idiots.... People who are so stupid that they noticeable drag down the quality of any discussion he/she steps foot in, brings down the enjoyment of the site by other debaters, and the quality of the site itself. THOSE are the kind of idiots I would consider banning.... I wouldnt whip out the banhammer on your average adorable idiot who makes nice fodder for the Weekly Stupid.

"how would you try to get juggle to ban them"

I dont need Juggle to ban those people, I only need the mods to do that.

If someone is so stupid that they bring down the quality of the site so much that people petition to put the idiot on a fair trial, and then the idiot fails to justify any of his actions and the community overwhelmingly votes to have him removed from the site.... Then I can sell it to the mods to ban the person in question since literally the entire site wants the person gone and feels he is a problem member who should be banned.

"Seeing as how this is entirely subjective and people could try to abuse it to get people banned, how would you work around it and try to make it be fair, ethical, and reasonable?"

In order for a complete idiot to get banned, the first thing people need to do is petition for that idiot to be put on trial to maybe face being banned, with the necessary number of signatures needing to be like 8-10 or so. That is the first stage of preventing people from abusing the banning system to get rid of someone they dont like.... If an idiot is going to be banned, he has to piss off Everyone, not just one person.

The second thing that ensures the system wont be abused is the trial itself, where people can hear the defense of the idiot in question about his actions on DDO and if they are justified. For a person to be banned, an overwhelming number of people have to vote in favor of the person being banned then those against the person being banned (2/3rds)

The final backstop is Airmax. I dont have the ability as president to have him ban anyone that even the community feels should be banned, and if Airmax himself thinks someone was unjustly petitioned, unfairly tried, and unfairly condemned to being banned, Airmax can simply refuse to carry out the banning.

Its literally impossible to try to get someone unfairly banned from DDO based solely on the grounds that they are a massive idiot

Question

TUF in his recent platform has advocated and pushed "better voting" as a way a fundamental way to increase site quality. What is some ideas you have on improving quality voting on the site, and how do you seek to implement them?

Answer

I dont see quality voting as a predominant problem the site is faceing.... There is already a system in place where if you find that someones vote isnt good enough then you can report it and have the vote either clarified or flat out deleted.

If you want to look at the quickest and most logical way to increase site quality, the first thing to do is handle problem idiots that rage all over the site (as ive already addressed) then the second thing to look at is the problem of the QUANTITY of voting, where debates (including really good ones) get maybe a few votes before the voting period ends or before the debate gets buried under a clusterf*ck of other bad debates. For every good debate that only gets two or three votes, there are a dozen noob debates that dont get any votes at all.

If TUF believes that the quality of voting is the biggest problem to the quality of DDO right now, then he has a misinformed idea of the problems DDO is facing in my opinion

Question

One of you biggest obstacles is possibly your image on the sight. TUF has been considered a strong candidate, with a serious personality. You have been labeled a "Master Troll" on the sight. Anything from calling "idiots" out in the forums, and poking fun at people whom make stupid remarks. If this is considered one of your biggest faults, how do you seek to break that image in this election and be taken more seriously as a candidate?

Answer

lol I cant do sh*t about my image right now..... I know full well that my place on the site is over at the table where the fabulous trolls sit, and I know that I wont be able to convince anyone that I can change and remake myself to be like Airmax or something..... Im infamous for being a nut, and ive made peace with that. All im going to do is see if my platform appeals to people enough for them to not care about my trolling personality, and see what happens.

Question

Another strong part of your platform is your idea to delete polls that have been used multiple times, and debates that are forfeited multiple times to clean up spamming. How do you intend to have juggle activate these policies and ideas with their history of not caring about their base of users.

Answer

whoa whoa hold the f*ck up. Juggle DOES care about the base of their users, they just are too weighed down by the massive traffic flow they face on a daily basis to actually install proposed updates.... They even made a thread asking people if they would want to work for Juggle to help them bring about updates to the site primarily because the three people they DO hire to handle DDO are all devoted to back end maintenance meant to just keep the site running, DDO doesnt run and handle itself.

That being said, I have no means of getting Juggle to go out of their way to activate updates to delete repeated polls and debates forfeited by both sides..... Those things are simply at the top of the things I would push for should Juggle somehow be able to start updating the site again on a more regular basis.

Question

You have also stated that the opinion section should be removed all together. Can you give your reasoning for this and how and why you wish and will seek to implement it?

Answer

Well one of the biggest causes for the massive and barely sustainable traffic flow on DDO is the opinion section, which a lot of people do not care for or even like. Removing the opinion section would not only make DDO a better quality place, it would really please a lot of people on DDO, and it would allow Juggle to have more freedom exploring the installation of proposed updates that people have been asking for since forever.

Juggle doesnt even really have to delete the Opinions section either, they can make it its own website called Opinions.org if they want and give a link to debate.org if they want
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 1:22:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Question

Going along that same line of thought. How does that differ from the polls section and why should the poll section be treated differently?

Answer

1) People like the polls section way better for some reason

and 2) The opinions section is the only aspect of DDO that allows people to not need an actual account to participate, making it an open gateway for people to flood into DDO from who knows where. The Polls dont do that

Question

You have recently selected a VP. Why did you choose them, and how does their ideals and goals line up with yours. Give us a little knowledge about your choice and whom it is.

Answer

A lot of people are concerned that i would run amok as President of DDO and carry on my trolling ways, and thats a rational fear for them to have. So I decided to choose someone who could keep me on a leash and really balance me out, and Citrakayah was that person. Ive worked with him in the past on tons of stuff, I have never once seen him stoop really low when fighting someone, and I respect him enough so that if he told me to chill the f*ck out on something, I would probably listen.

Citra is one of the very, very, VERY few people on DDO who knows how to keep me on a short leash when I need to be, which is the reason why I chose him.

Question

The last question for the night.

What is your main goal that you want accomplished and why. What is a major long term goal that NEEDS to be accomplished on this sight, and how do you want to make it happen?

Answer

The major long term goal that needs to be accomplished on this site is getting Juggle to start carrying out updates again. The only possible way for that to happen is if they can figure out a way to adequately handle the massive amount of traffic DDO gets on an average day, and I would try to convince them that the best way for them to do that is to cut the very unpopular opinions section loose in order to be able to sustain DDO's traffic and still have enough manpower left over to begin updating the site again.

The reason why that is the main goal is because the longer DDO goes without updating features that veteran members would like to see, the less incentive there is for those veteren members to keep logging in to DDO