Jump to topic:

Help Wanted

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 3:59:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So, I've been asking a few people, with varying degrees of unsuccess (time constraints, distance from politics, etc.), to do me the service of filling the vice presidency. I've been thinking recently about the complaint that I lack a platform or, seemingly, definite goals. As far as I'm concerned, they're right--I don't fundamentally think that what a leader concerns themselves with can be promised beforehand, even if those promises are elegant and motivating; however, I understand why people are asking after what they're asking after, and I suppose the only reasonable response is to open the floor to a VP who can complement my approach with something concrete and task-driven: to my own desire to be a diplomat and liaison, I want someone who can help to inform and present occasions for decision, and who can pick up on the small, technical bits I might overlook or to which I might give insufficient attention.

So, if you're of the mind that my campaign is not sufficiently formal or definite, or that you have better ideas about tweaking the site, I'm inviting you to come help me by signing on as VP (or, failing this, nudging your way into the group of advisers which would inevitably spring up to fill in my weak spots). Planners can only get one so far, because one can never out-plan incalculable variables (and excessive planning is often anathema to adapting to adversity), but bringing good, concrete thinkers into the fold might, I suspect, offer a much-needed foil to my focus on behaviors, attitudes, and relationships.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:07:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/7/2013 3:59:47 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
So, I've been asking a few people, with varying degrees of unsuccess (time constraints, distance from politics, etc.), to do me the service of filling the vice presidency. I've been thinking recently about the complaint that I lack a platform or, seemingly, definite goals. As far as I'm concerned, they're right--I don't fundamentally think that what a leader concerns themselves with can be promised beforehand, even if those promises are elegant and motivating; however, I understand why people are asking after what they're asking after, and I suppose the only reasonable response is to open the floor to a VP who can complement my approach with something concrete and task-driven: to my own desire to be a diplomat and liaison, I want someone who can help to inform and present occasions for decision, and who can pick up on the small, technical bits I might overlook or to which I might give insufficient attention.

So, if you're of the mind that my campaign is not sufficiently formal or definite, or that you have better ideas about tweaking the site, I'm inviting you to come help me by signing on as VP (or, failing this, nudging your way into the group of advisers which would inevitably spring up to fill in my weak spots). Planners can only get one so far, because one can never out-plan incalculable variables (and excessive planning is often anathema to adapting to adversity), but bringing good, concrete thinkers into the fold might, I suspect, offer a much-needed foil to my focus on behaviors, attitudes, and relationships.

i'll run with you i think yours platform is better than the others but still needs some tweaks here or there
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.