Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

An Open Call for More Candidates

ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:35:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Though I, of course, would like for people to vote for TUF and I, I'm not liking the lack of choice to voters that is being shown in this election. Since imabench dropped out of the race (and I do applaud him for the mature way that he did so), the only two candidates are TUF and Cody, and Cody hasn't been campaigning. This is not meant to be an advertisement for our campaign, nor is it adversarial in nature. However, we do still have four more days until the voting starts, and, as a matter of principle, I want more choice for voters.

So this is an open call for a few more people to announce presidential candidacy. If you announce your candidacy now, though you will have missed out on the meat of the debates, you will still have time to show your platform to everybody and you will still have a chance at winning.

Thank you.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
TheOncomingStorm
Posts: 249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:41:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2013 4:35:17 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Though I, of course, would like for people to vote for TUF and I, I'm not liking the lack of choice to voters that is being shown in this election. Since imabench dropped out of the race (and I do applaud him for the mature way that he did so), the only two candidates are TUF and Cody, and Cody hasn't been campaigning. This is not meant to be an advertisement for our campaign, nor is it adversarial in nature. However, we do still have four more days until the voting starts, and, as a matter of principle, I want more choice for voters.

So this is an open call for a few more people to announce presidential candidacy. If you announce your candidacy now, though you will have missed out on the meat of the debates, you will still have time to show your platform to everybody and you will still have a chance at winning.

Thank you.

PatriotPerson said he was running, but he didn't make much of an appearance like..anywhere. I'd run, but I'm not sure I understand the office well enough, and I'm almost sure I don't have enough participation on here to be considered.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:41:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2013 4:35:17 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Though I, of course, would like for people to vote for TUF and I, I'm not liking the lack of choice to voters that is being shown in this election. Since imabench dropped out of the race (and I do applaud him for the mature way that he did so), the only two candidates are TUF and Cody, and Cody hasn't been campaigning. This is not meant to be an advertisement for our campaign, nor is it adversarial in nature. However, we do still have four more days until the voting starts, and, as a matter of principle, I want more choice for voters.

So this is an open call for a few more people to announce presidential candidacy. If you announce your candidacy now, though you will have missed out on the meat of the debates, you will still have time to show your platform to everybody and you will still have a chance at winning.

Thank you.

I would run if I was more experienced. Perhaps next year for me. You could try convincing some well-known names around here, like Roy_Latham or Danielle. I'd even go as far to say that ore_ele could have a part in this.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
uniqueusername
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:41:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
With great power comes great responsibility.

With great responsibility comes great blood pressure.
http://tinyurl.com...

The World is an a$$hole and I'm the next big sh*t.
TheOncomingStorm
Posts: 249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:44:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2013 4:41:51 PM, uniqueusername wrote:
With great power comes great responsibility.

With great responsibility comes great blood pressure.

True enough
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
uniqueusername
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:53:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2013 4:53:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Fun fact: I volunteered to be Airmax's VP choice, about a month ago. Then, I had to leave. :(

Fun fact: Airmax isn't running
http://tinyurl.com...

The World is an a$$hole and I'm the next big sh*t.
uniqueusername
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 4:54:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/8/2013 4:53:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Fun fact: I volunteered to be Airmax's VP choice, about a month ago. Then, I had to leave. :(

LOL YOU DEACTIVATED YOUR ACCOUNT?
http://tinyurl.com...

The World is an a$$hole and I'm the next big sh*t.
TheOncomingStorm
Posts: 249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 5:05:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yay842?
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.