Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

I withdraw my name as TUF's running mate.

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:21:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The reason that I put my support behind TUF in the first place was because initially, I thought that he was the best candidate for the job. However, over the course of the campaign, that perception has changed because of the way I have seen this campaign transpire. I cannot support TUF in good faith because I find him ill-suited for the presidential role. I am therefore withdrawing myself as TUF's vice president.

One of the most important roles of the president is that of conflict resolution. If a candidate is incapable of remaining level-headed in the face of criticism and if a candidate demonstrates that he is incapable of becoming involved in a conflict without amplifying it, then that candidate is inadequate for the role of being the community leader. This, combined with bsh1's announcement of his candidacy, has lead me to conclude that TUF is not the best person for the presidency.

Bsh1, however, is one of the most reasonable people I know. I have yet to see him escalate a conflict. Moreover, he has offered a great deal to the site since he has been a member. His debates are thoughtful and well articulated. He understands the site's culture and its interests even though he is new, because he has become extremely immersed within the community. Bsh1 has grown to be intellectually and personally respected by many, whom I hope will support him as I do. After realizing that he is the best candidate for the job, I reached out to him to offer my support to his campaign, and that led to my being offered the opportunity to serve as his Chief of Staff if he is elected. It is my goal as the Chief of Staff, and Thett3's goal as VP, and bsh1's goal as President to best represent the community's interests as a liaison between the DDO community and Juggle. As such, I am proud to be a part of this team and look forward to the opportunity to continue to work for the community's betterment.

It is my most sincere hope that mine and TUF's friendship does not fall by the wayside as a result of this. We have been friends for a while and while I care about him personally very much, I cannot be a part of his campaign. But, I hope that we can still work together for the community's betterment in the future because after all, it is the community's wellbeing that should be our mutually held area of foremost concern.

All that being said, I hereby renounce my support for TUF's campaign, and withdraw my name as his running mate.

Sincerely,

ClassicRobert
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:29:45 PM
Holy f*** balls
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:35:31 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:29:45 PM, imabench wrote:
Holy f*** balls

Imabench sums it up in three words. Two obscene.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:38:42 PM
Dang, so does he have a VP now?
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 12:05:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/18/2016 11:55:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
bump

I was sore at ClassicRobert over this for a long time.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 12:06:30 PM
At 5/18/2016 12:05:03 PM, TUF wrote:
bump

I can't blame you. He should have considered everything before accepting the role, and then once he accepted followed through.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2016 12:40:31 PM
At 5/18/2016 12:06:30 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/18/2016 12:05:03 PM, TUF wrote:
bump

I can't blame you. He should have considered everything before accepting the role, and then once he accepted followed through.

I'm long over it now, but yes, I agree.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227