Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

President Election VOL 1: Down the crapper.

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:42:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What have we got here.

So it appears that both TUF and Cody now have no vice presidents. There are only two official candidates running, and people are asking for more. Since IMA dropped out, this thing has spiraled downward in a twist of unexpected events. And we're only (3 now) days away from the election.

To add some spice to all of this, ClassicRobert said that TUF was not a good candidate for president in his withdrawal. This just escalates things.

What.
Say.
You...?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:44:13 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:42:42 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
What have we got here.

So it appears that both TUF and Cody now have no vice presidents. There are only two official candidates running, and people are asking for more. Since IMA dropped out, this thing has spiraled downward in a twist of unexpected events. And we're only (3 now) days away from the election.

To add some spice to all of this, ClassicRobert said that TUF was not a good candidate for president in his withdrawal. This just escalates things.

What.
Say.
You...?

And you wanted to end the election early and hand it to TUF :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:45:36 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:44:13 PM, imabench wrote:
What have we got here.

What.
Say.
You...?

-________________________________________-
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:46:14 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:45:36 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
What have we got here.

What.
Say.
You...?

Three official candidates.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:46:56 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:46:14 PM, bsh1 wrote:
What have we got here.

What.
Say.
You...?

Are you running?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:47:18 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:46:56 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
What have we got here.

What.
Say.
You...?

Are you running?

He is.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:47:32 PM
What have we got here.

What.
Say.
You...?

Are you running?

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:48:03 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:47:18 PM, YYW wrote:
What have we got here.

What.
Say.
You...?

Are you running?

He is.

And so it takes another turn...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:48:39 PM
This kind of stuff really isn't that unusual for DDO elections. The proportion of declared candidates that continue to the election is pretty small....but what *is* unusual is that there is no incumbent president and no presidential endorsement, and that it's happened so close to the election. It certainly makes for a dynamic election
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:51:29 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:48:39 PM, thett3 wrote:
This kind of stuff really isn't that unusual for DDO elections. The proportion of declared candidates that continue to the election is pretty small....but what *is* unusual is that there is no incumbent president and no presidential endorsement, and that it's happened so close to the election. It certainly makes for a dynamic election

Yeah... I realized that bowing out when I did and not endorsing anyone might change the dynamic a bit... but it's certainly been more than I expected. Either way it has been interesting and I am confident that whoever is elected will do a fine job.
Debate.org Moderator
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:54:06 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:51:29 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Yeah... I realized that bowing out when I did and not endorsing anyone might change the dynamic a bit... but it's certainly been more than I expected. Either way it has been interesting and I am confident that whoever is elected will do a fine job.

I'm actually not so confident because none of the candidates have made a really strong platform. Now I'm torn between bsh1 and TUF for best president.
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 9:56:08 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:54:06 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

I'm actually not so confident because none of the candidates have made a really strong platform. Now I'm torn between bsh1 and TUF for best president.

I think everyone is.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:01:50 PM
At 12/8/2013 9:54:06 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

I don't think I even had a platform when I ran my 3rd time (and my reelection platform was essentially "more of the same" - though I gave some specifics) and if I ran this time I wouldn't have any... perhaps that's the benefit of being an incumbent, but I think that platforms are overrated.

Every presidents platform should be that they will do what the membership is expressing for them to do, and that they will serve everyone fairly and to the best of their ability. The specifics are defined by the community and should pretty much be the same for each candidate.

So as a community we aren't electing someone based on a platform. We are electing the person we believe is the most capable of doing what is asked of them. Someone who has shown the maturity, responsibility and ability to be the president... and this is mostly known by the time they announce they are running regardless of what they say their platform is.

But that's just how I fee about it and I'm sure others don't feel the same.
Debate.org Moderator