Jump to topic:

Good Electoral News, Everyone!

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:41:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have decided to withdraw my name from the presidential election; however, I have done so, not as a matter of retreat, but because I have signed on with TUF as his new Vice Presidential Candidate. As I've noted elsewhere, people have been somewhat disenchanted with my lack of a clear platform, VP of my own, etc.--for my own part, this is not primarily what interests me, and I have made this clear several times over. TUF, however--as I noted in the original announcement of my candidacy--has the technical skills and drive which I decidedly lack, and which I think my own strengths (advocacy and human relations) can complement and shape. What interests me more about this position is that I do not need to act principally as a figurehead or a leader, but, in a role to which I am more accustomed, as a counselor and confidant. I had actually wanted from the beginning to work together (upset somewhat that I could neither ask him to step over as my VP nor step over myself as his), and Robert's recent departure has afforded, I think, a perfect opportunity for the delightful synthesis of his passion and my prudence.
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:42:39 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:41:28 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I have decided to withdraw my name from the presidential election; however, I have done so, not as a matter of retreat, but because I have signed on with TUF as his new Vice Presidential Candidate. As I've noted elsewhere, people have been somewhat disenchanted with my lack of a clear platform, VP of my own, etc.--for my own part, this is not primarily what interests me, and I have made this clear several times over. TUF, however--as I noted in the original announcement of my candidacy--has the technical skills and drive which I decidedly lack, and which I think my own strengths (advocacy and human relations) can complement and shape. What interests me more about this position is that I do not need to act principally as a figurehead or a leader, but, in a role to which I am more accustomed, as a counselor and confidant. I had actually wanted from the beginning to work together (upset somewhat that I could neither ask him to step over as my VP nor step over myself as his), and Robert's recent departure has afforded, I think, a perfect opportunity for the delightful synthesis of his passion and my prudence.

This is going to make an interesting election.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:42:48 PM
I have decided to withdraw my name from the presidential election;

The Plot thickens further

however, I have done so, not as a matter of retreat, but because I have signed on with TUF as his new Vice Presidential Candidate.

Ok NOW the plot thickens further

As I've noted elsewhere, people have been somewhat disenchanted with my lack of a clear platform, VP of my own, etc.--for my own part, this is not primarily what interests me, and I have made this clear several times over. TUF, however--as I noted in the original announcement of my candidacy--has the technical skills and drive which I decidedly lack, and which I think my own strengths (advocacy and human relations) can complement and shape. What interests me more about this position is that I do not need to act principally as a figurehead or a leader, but, in a role to which I am more accustomed, as a counselor and confidant. I had actually wanted from the beginning to work together (upset somewhat that I could neither ask him to step over as my VP nor step over myself as his), and Robert's recent departure has afforded, I think, a perfect opportunity for the delightful synthesis of his passion and my prudence.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:48:05 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:45:51 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Well then, another interesting development...

I wondered if this wouldn't happen. How interesting that it happened so quickly...
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:50:27 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:48:05 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/8/2013 10:45:51 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Well then, another interesting development...

I wondered if this wouldn't happen. How interesting that it happened so quickly...

TUF/Cody makes for a fairly formidable ticket... The elections are only 4 days away so I'm not sure it happened that quickly...

Either way this has been one of the most compelling election developments since operation FU... or whatever it was called.
Debate.org Moderator
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:51:23 PM

Holy sh*t this is getting really f*cking interesting...

What will the next turn be...?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:51:45 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:49:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
wait did bobert withdraw ? im so lost

Bobbert supports bsh1 and Thett, because he could not in good faith support TUF for president. I think it was a matter of conscience for him. Bobbert outlined his reasons in a thread on the subject.

This announcement from Cody is very disconcerting, though. It just happened too quickly; with too much calculation. It's almost as if they're trying more to get elected for the sake of getting elected than to actually serve the community.
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:52:18 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:51:45 PM, YYW wrote:

Bobbert supports bsh1 and Thett, because he could not in good faith support TUF for president. I think it was a matter of conscience for him. Bobbert outlined his reasons in a thread on the subject.

This announcement from Cody is very disconcerting, though. It just happened too quickly; with too much calculation. It's almost as if they're trying more to get elected for the sake of getting elected than to actually serve the community.

I am so lost
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:52:34 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:51:23 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

The only way this could become even bigger is if I re-entered the race with Airmax as my VP (0% chance of happening though)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:53:28 PM

How does something happen both too quickly and with too much calculation?
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:54:10 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:52:34 PM, imabench wrote:

The only way this could become even bigger is if I re-entered the race with Airmax as my VP (0% chance of happening though)

Dude, do that. It would really explode the crapper with all the sh!t going up and down the crapper at the same time.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:54:55 PM
Okay bobert said tuf escalates conflict. Someone want to fill me in? Im offline for 3 hours and the entire ticket changes both ways and now thet3 is running. WTF
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:57:05 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:53:28 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

There was, I think, less than an hour between the time that Bobbert said that he could not in good conscience support TUF, and when you became TUF's new VP. There was no response from TUF, or even an acknowledgement. Instead, it just looks like you boys put your heads together in the hopes that your running on the same ticket would result in bringing together your support bases to improve electoral chances. It's all pretty unnerving, to say the very least.
Tsar of DDO
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:57:42 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:54:55 PM, Mikal wrote:
Okay bobert said tuf escalates conflict. Someone want to fill me in? Im offline for 3 hours and the entire ticket changes both ways and now thet3 is running. WTF

Well, bsh1 is now a presidential candidate with thett3 as his running mate, and ClassicRobert withdrew from the race leaving TUF without a running mate. Cody Franklin decided to be TUF's running mate so the election is now TUF/Cody vs bsh1/thett3
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:59:05 PM

I'm not sure what you mean here.

CR dropped out and TUF asking Cody (assuming that's how it happened) to be VP was prudent for both. I'm not sure how that convo went down, but it seems like a good idea to me. If by too much calculation you mean take 10 minutes to evaluate options than I guess I agree.
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:59:07 PM
My advice

Ore ele needs to run with YYW as his vp candidate.

Set up a 3 way debate between all 3 parties, and have a hell of a show.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:00:33 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:57:05 PM, YYW wrote:

There was, I think, less than an hour between the time that Bobbert said that he could not in good conscience support TUF, and when you became TUF's new VP. There was no response from TUF, or even an acknowledgement. Instead, it just looks like you boys put your heads together in the hopes that your running on the same ticket would result in bringing together your support bases to improve electoral chances. It's all pretty unnerving, to say the very least.

You think TUF kicked CR off the ticket?

I have no reason to believe one way or the other but this is speculative "inside baseball" type political theory.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:00:42 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:59:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

CR dropped out and TUF asking Cody (assuming that's how it happened) to be VP was prudent for both. I'm not sure how that convo went down, but it seems like a good idea to me. If by too much calculation you mean take 10 minutes to evaluate options than I guess I agree.

I'm sure that's how the conversation went down, but what it means is that they're both more interested in figuring out how to get elected then even considering that there might be something to what Bobbert is saying.
Tsar of DDO
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:01:06 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:52:34 PM, imabench wrote:

This needs to happen. At least in a fake poll just to see what happens.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:01:20 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:59:07 PM, Mikal wrote:
My advice

No one has spent more time trying to convince Ore to run than I have.

Heck if Ore decided to run even I'd run as his VP.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:01:28 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:00:33 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/8/2013 10:57:05 PM, YYW wrote:

You think TUF kicked CR off the ticket?

No.

I have no reason to believe one way or the other but this is speculative "inside baseball" type political theory.

Help me understand what you mean there.
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:02:46 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:00:42 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/8/2013 10:59:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I'm sure that's how the conversation went down, but what it means is that they're both more interested in figuring out how to get elected then even considering that there might be something to what Bobbert is saying.

The immediate thing that needed to happen is TUF needed a new VP, he can do some soul searching in private without the time constrains related to this.
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:03:05 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:01:20 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
My advice

I have annoyed the mess out of him too. I was hoping to see it. Airmax you want to set up a debate or forum the candidates at hand with me?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:03:56 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:01:20 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
My advice

I've put fourth a considerable effort there, too.

lol, that would be ok
Tsar of DDO