Jump to topic:

Question for Candidates

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 11:56:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Will the popularity of a user influence your decision to spare her from banning? Should popular users who engage in poor behavior be immune to bans, especially if they have been engaging in such behavior for a very long time? Do you promise to ban users who engage in disgusting behavior? How safe of an environment will DDO be under your watch?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 4:35:41 AM
12/9/2013 11:56:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Will the popularity of a user influence save her from banning?

As president, I don't seek mod privileges for such abilities. However if it were applicable, I would take eacb issue into a case by case scenario and weigh the situation based on the intensity of the dilemma. I think prominent members with a history of good conduct, or members with little history should be given warnings, while repeat offenders can get temo bans to perma bans depending on the crime. Popularity shouldn't be a weighing factor. In other words, I like how it is currently, with maybe it sticking to the ideals a little stronger.

Should popular users who engage in poor behavior be immune to bans, especially if they have been engaging in such behavior for a very long time?

No. This happens often. I think a finite tempaban should be placed, removal being considered on a members choice to change conduct and actions being sincere and tangible.

Do you promise to ban users who engage in disgusting behavior?

No, again such an ability is not in presidential responsibilities or desires. However I agree the mod should do these things.

How safe of an environment will DDO be under your watch?

It will be under a productive environment, safety being influenced only by persuasion to leadership.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:04:49 AM
At 12/9/2013 11:56:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Will the popularity of a user influence your decision to spare her from banning? Should popular users who engage in poor behavior be immune to bans, especially if they have been engaging in such behavior for a very long time? Do you promise to ban users who engage in disgusting behavior? How safe of an environment will DDO be under your watch?

I believe that it doesnt matter the rank or popularity of a memeber should exempt them from being banned. But if they have violated the actual terms of agreement like many others have, then the issue is legit. Otherwise it is irrelvent based on the unenforced rules and regulations that you see here daily. Personally I dont think anyone here should be banned because we have what you call free speech. If this is a problem for you, or if youre not strong enough to deal with the different personalitites on this forum, then perhaps DDO is not the place for you to be. This town is not for the faint at heart.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:08:01 AM

So... will either of the candidates ban Imabench or YYW?

Nope. They won't.
Tsar of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:12:27 AM
At 12/10/2013 10:08:01 AM, YYW wrote:

Nope. They won't.

I believe that Lady Royale must practice what she preaches first before anything. Its bad enough that many of the members here have a certain predisposition here towards her as it is. With that being said maybe we should ban all of the people here who have multiple accounts also. Then we will see who is being who. =)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:16:04 AM
At 12/10/2013 10:12:27 AM, inferno wrote:

Nope. They won't.

I believe that Lady Royale must practice what she preaches first before anything. Its bad enough that many of the members here have a certain predisposition here towards her as it is. With that being said maybe we should ban all of the people here who have multiple accounts also. Then we will see who is being who. =)

What is that certain predisposition you think that most members have? I know I have my own conception of her -but I doubt that it's shared by the majority of DDO members...

Airmax really tries to ban all the multi's he finds, but sometimes they're hard to detect. Especially given the upcoming elections, it will be very important to make sure that everyone casting a vote is a real account, not a multi-account and that no one is pulling any unethical shenanigans to get their candidate elected.
Tsar of DDO
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:19:02 AM
At 12/10/2013 10:16:04 AM, YYW wrote:

Nope. They won't.

What is that certain predisposition you think that most members have? I know I have my own conception of her -but I doubt that it's shared by the majority of DDO members...

Airmax really tries to ban all the multi's he finds, but sometimes they're hard to detect. Especially given the upcoming elections, it will be very important to make sure that everyone casting a vote is a real account, not a multi-account and that no one is pulling any unethical shenanigans to get their candidate elected.

He thinks I'm royal. Thus the subtle hint to force one of us to 'confess'.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:19:06 AM

Nope. They won't.

Think what you must. I respect your opinions because that is just what it is. But I just made a valid point here today. One must practice what you preach if you want the message you deliver to be widely appreciated. Otherwise it falls on deaf ears. Case closed. =)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:20:30 AM
At 12/10/2013 10:19:02 AM, Cermank wrote:

Nope. They won't.

Interesting.
Tsar of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:21:10 AM

Nope. They won't.

Well you are who you are. If what you say is true, then let it be. A confession, as you so delightfully put it, is uneccesary. Next please. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:42:38 PM
At 12/10/2013 10:20:30 AM, YYW wrote:

Nope. They won't.

Interesting.

Youre a bit strange too.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:46:17 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:42:38 PM, inferno wrote:

Nope. They won't.

Interesting.

Youre a bit strange too.

Yeah, I've heard that before.
Tsar of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 3:27:51 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:46:17 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/10/2013 2:42:38 PM, inferno wrote:

Nope. They won't.

Interesting.

Youre a bit strange too.

Yeah, I've heard that before.

So do you agree with Royales stance or what ?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:03:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

Nope. They won't.

LOL, he thinks thett and I are the same person too because of a prank that we played on him a while ago.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:04:34 PM

Nope. They won't.

That's beyond idiotic because the ONLY REASON that some people are popular in the first place is that they violate the rules and get away with it. Totally bogus.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:13:51 PM
At 12/10/2013 10:03:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Nope. They won't.

LOL, he thinks thett and I are the same person too because of a prank that we played on him a while ago.

haha that was the first and last prank I was willing to be involved in.

Technically I got banned on April fools too, so that was really the first prank I was involved in... good times.
Debate.org Moderator
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:18:07 PM
At 12/10/2013 10:13:51 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Nope. They won't.

haha that was the first and last prank I was willing to be involved in.

Technically I got banned on April fools too, so that was really the first prank I was involved in... good times.

The ten fools.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:22:06 PM

Nope. They won't.

haha seriously?

I mean you both have such distinct personalities. I like what each of you brings to the site, I enjoy reading each of your posts, and I personally like both of you, but I can clearly sense the distinct difference between the two of you. Your writing styles, views on things, approach to ideas, just general personality. I couldn't necessarily explain exactly what it is or give specifics, but it seems obvious to me. How can someone actually think you are the same person?
Debate.org Moderator
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:59:58 PM
At 12/10/2013 10:22:06 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Nope. They won't.

haha seriously?

I mean you both have such distinct personalities. I like what each of you brings to the site, I enjoy reading each of your posts, and I personally like both of you, but I can clearly sense the distinct difference between the two of you. Your writing styles, views on things, approach to ideas, just general personality. I couldn't necessarily explain exactly what it is or give specifics, but it seems obvious to me. How can someone actually think you are the same person?

lol I have no idea. I tried to convince him I was malcomxy but that fell through.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 11:07:36 PM

Nope. They won't.

Oh and he's infatuated with you, apparently.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 11:30:00 PM
At 12/10/2013 10:04:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Nope. They won't.

That's beyond idiotic because the ONLY REASON that some people are popular in the first place is that they violate the rules and get away with it. Totally bogus.

You mean... people like me?
Tsar of DDO
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 11:50:15 PM
At 12/10/2013 11:07:36 PM, Cermank wrote:

Nope. They won't.

Oh and he's infatuated with you, apparently.

That's gross.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 11:51:21 PM
At 12/10/2013 11:30:00 PM, YYW wrote:

Nope. They won't.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the person who called Heineken's wife a monkey and said she was a ground-0 patient for AIDs.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 11:53:38 PM
At 12/10/2013 11:51:21 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Nope. They won't.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the person who called Heineken's wife a monkey and said she was a ground-0 patient for AIDs.

There ARE other reasons why I am popular on the site you know..... Its not just for breaking the rules and slinging personal attacks that I later literally made a vid apologizing for it.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 12:00:13 AM
At 12/10/2013 11:53:38 PM, imabench wrote:

Nope. They won't.

There ARE other reasons why I am popular on the site you know..... Its not just for breaking the rules and slinging personal attacks that I later literally made a vid apologizing for it.

You're popular because you trolled/derailed debates and made harassment videos and got away with it. That's it. Someone else would have been banned long ago. Airmax is afraid of banning you for some odd reason. I don't even know why.

@Heinekin: I don't know if you're reading this, but you should take your case to Juggle or Nate since Airmax hasn't figure out how to deal with Imabench.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 12:02:50 AM
At 12/11/2013 12:00:13 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

You're popular because you trolled/derailed debates

Which is legal

and made harassment videos and got away with it.

Its been justified that weekly stupid epsiodes arent considered 'harassment' videos.

That's it. Someone else would have been banned long ago. Airmax is afraid of banning you for some odd reason. I don't even know why.

I highly doubt that fear has anything to do with it....

@Heinekin: I don't know if you're reading this, but you should take your case to Juggle or Nate since Airmax hasn't figure out how to deal with Imabench.

We've already worked out an agreement royal so theres no use in egging him on.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 12:04:42 AM

Nope. They won't.

So, you think Imabench's popularity rose because he said about Heineken's wife? Let me ask you this... do you think Imabench meant those things maliciously or do you think Imabench was just trying to get Heineken to fvck off?
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 12:06:16 AM
At 12/11/2013 12:04:42 AM, YYW wrote:

So, you think Imabench's popularity rose because he said about Heineken's wife? Let me ask you this... do you think Imabench meant those things maliciously or do you think Imabench was just trying to get Heineken to fvck off and then later apologized for admittingly going to far in which he promised to reform his behavior on a vid to the whole site?

^ Added a little something relevant to the whole thing

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 12:07:46 AM
At 12/11/2013 12:06:16 AM, imabench wrote:

So, you think Imabench's popularity rose because he said about Heineken's wife? Let me ask you this... do you think Imabench meant those things maliciously or do you think Imabench was just trying to get Heineken to fvck off and then later apologized for admittingly going to far in which he promised to reform his behavior on a vid to the whole site?

^ Added a little something relevant to the whole thing

Yeah, we know, and I'll get to that... just hang on and let Royal answer the question...
Tsar of DDO
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 7:02:15 AM

Nope. They won't.

So, you think Imabench's popularity rose because he said about Heineken's wife?
No. It rose because he made harassment videos and derailed peoples' debates, and immature teenage boys thought that was hilarious.
Let me ask you this... do you think Imabench meant those things maliciously
Yes
or do you think Imabench was just trying to get Heineken to fvck off?
That's malicious.