Total Posts:74|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Imabench endorses...........................!

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 9:18:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Part 1:

Ok, I know that roughly half the people reading this right probably doesnt give a single sh** about who I am endorsing for president. If you dont really care, thats fine, youve probably made up your mind on who you are going to vote for anyways.

For those of you who are interested in who I am endorsing and why though, here is my reasoning for why I am endorsing the person I am endorsing:

Ive been here for over two years now, which means I have witnessed 4 presidential elections first hand. This election certainly does seem to have gone haywire, but people dropping out and merging campaigns is nothing new to DDO elections...... However, there are some things that HAVE happened in this election that hasnt happened before on such a big scale that HAS impacted my decision for who to vote for and why I encourage others to do the same.

For starters: ClassicRobert left TUF as his VP.

I can only think of two really major cases where a VP removed himself from a ticket because he couldnt take the guy he was running under seriously anymore. The first instance I remember was when 16kadams left Jimtimmy's ticket because 16k finally figured out that Jimtimmy was out of his f*cking mind.... The second time it happened was in THIS election when Citra left my campaign after I got stuck into a flamewar during an interview thread.

Both of those VP's left because they felt the person they were running with were bat sh*t crazy, ClassicRobert on the other hand left TUF's campaign for an entirely DIFFERENT reason, because he thought that bsh1 is better suited to be president.

Now let me explain why that is so significant (to me)..... When main candidates run for president, there usually isnt that big of a big of a gap between them in how well they would perform as president. Citrakayah probably would have been close to Thett3 in terms of performance as VP, TUF and Cody seem pretty close, and at first glance Bsh1 and TUF also look pretty even right now, so much so that many people dont know who to vote for.

Heres what im saying: To most of us, TUF and bsh1 look pretty normal. To ClassicRobert however, who is smarter then most people on the site, he felt that there was such a steep gap in how TUF would be as a president compared to bsh1 that he dropped out of TUF's campaign to endorse bsh1 for president....... If bsh1 would only have been slightly better as a president than TUF, that wouldnt have been enough for ClassicRobert to withdraw from TUF's campaign (in my opinion). If the difference between both candidates were small to negligible, then he wouldnt have withdrawn.

But he DID..... Which (to me) means Classic believes there is a very big and noticeable gap in how much better of a president bsh1 would be compared to TUF (I think).

That is a MASSIVE Red flag to me. Both candidates have reasonable platforms and are nice people to converse with, but if someone's own VP drops out because he thinks that the other campaign is a far better option, then his OWN ticket.... Then he is seeing something that the rest of us arent necessarily seeing, and that is a HUGE red flag for me, and I think it should raise up a red flag to you too.
==========================================================================
Part 2: The other thing that concerns me in the recent developments of the campaign is TUF choosing his oldest competition in the election, Cody, to be his VP just minutes after ClassicRobert ditched his campaign.....

Of the four presidential elections Ive witnessed, ALL of them had cases where people running separate campaigns would merge theirs together to build a stronger base without compromising much.... Usually it would be lower-level members running their own campaigns and not doing very well who would merge campaigns, to have a much bigger base while still staying in a position of power.....

These cases of campaign mergers were basically a hail-mary pass for people who didnt think they can win to do whatever they think they had to do to have a shot at landing a position of power.

Cody is NOT a lower-level member of DDO though, at all, in fact hes in the Hall of Fame.... However he IS a low level campaigner...... Cody has been president of DDO in the past (A long time ago, years ago actually, before it was even an important position) and he has periodically ran for president in recent elections too, usually doing kinda sorta decent, with his voter base consisting almost entirely of people who are his old friends. He rarely got any new up-and-coming member votes in what I remember though.

In this election, Cody's campaign were showing signs that he wasn't doing well. He didn't have a platform, or a VP pick, and although he does have a rather quiet and inactive voter base he never really performed well in head to head poll matchups between him and other candidates..... He also even opened up a thread asking for who wanted to be his VP, even though in every election in the past he rarely ever picked one, which (to me) is fishy activity for someone like Cody to do........

I'll cut to the chase, Cody dropping his campaign he has run on time and time again to fill in TUF's, (the leading candidate in this election for so long), now open VP spot so fast looks like a desperate grab for power to me. Not even an hour had passed before Cody surrendered his campaign to be TUF's VP once the spot opened up..... Less than an hour. As much as I respect Cody, that looks like a desperate grab for power to me.

Conclusion:

1 - ClassicRobert left TUFs campaign because he felt bsh1 would be a better president, which (in my mind) is something he wouldnt have done if Tuf and bsh1 were both kinda close in how they would perform..... Instead, CR saw something that apparently was large enough for him to not stay silent and trudge on campaigning for TUF, and actually drop out from the race and endorse his competition who hadnt been around for 3 hours when they announced they were entering the race...... That is a huge red flag to me which in my mind says that CR sees something here the rest of us arent seeing, and since CR is a pretty smart guy, thats a huge red flag for me.

2 - Cody's actions regarding how fast he surrendered his campaign to join as his competition's VP in again, less then an hour after the spot opened up, looks like a really desperate grab for power to me. Cody has run for president before with the same strategy and did kinda reasonable every time, but this time he cut his campaign and joined TUF's way too fast for it to not look suspicious, or look like a desperate power grab.

It is for these reasons that I am formally endorsing bsh1 for president.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 9:49:37 AM
At 12/10/2013 9:18:12 AM, imabench wrote:
Part 1:

Ok, I know that roughly half the people reading this right probably doesnt give a single sh** about who I am endorsing for president. If you dont really care, thats fine, youve probably made up your mind on who you are going to vote for anyways.

For those of you who are interested in who I am endorsing and why though, here is my reasoning for why I am endorsing the person I am endorsing:

Ive been here for over two years now, which means I have witnessed 4 presidential elections first hand. This election certainly does seem to have gone haywire, but people dropping out and merging campaigns is nothing new to DDO elections...... However, there are some things that HAVE happened in this election that hasnt happened before on such a big scale that HAS impacted my decision for who to vote for and why I encourage others to do the same.

For starters: ClassicRobert left TUF as his VP.

I can only think of two really major cases where a VP removed himself from a ticket because he couldnt take the guy he was running under seriously anymore. The first instance I remember was when 16kadams left Jimtimmy's ticket because 16k finally figured out that Jimtimmy was out of his f*cking mind.... The second time it happened was in THIS election when Citra left my campaign after I got stuck into a flamewar during an interview thread.

Both of those VP's left because they felt the person they were running with were bat sh*t crazy, ClassicRobert on the other hand left TUF's campaign for an entirely DIFFERENT reason, because he thought that bsh1 is better suited to be president.

Now let me explain why that is so significant (to me)..... When main candidates run for president, there usually isnt that big of a big of a gap between them in how well they would perform as president. Citrakayah probably would have been close to Thett3 in terms of performance as VP, TUF and Cody seem pretty close, and at first glance Bsh1 and TUF also look pretty even right now, so much so that many people dont know who to vote for.

Heres what im saying: To most of us, TUF and bsh1 look pretty normal. To ClassicRobert however, who is smarter then most people on the site, he felt that there was such a steep gap in how TUF would be as a president compared to bsh1 that he dropped out of TUF's campaign to endorse bsh1 for president....... If bsh1 would only have been slightly better as a president than TUF, that wouldnt have been enough for ClassicRobert to withdraw from TUF's campaign (in my opinion). If the difference between both candidates were small to negligible, then he wouldnt have withdrawn.

But he DID..... Which (to me) means Classic believes there is a very big and noticeable gap in how much better of a president bsh1 would be compared to TUF (I think).

That is a MASSIVE Red flag to me. Both candidates have reasonable platforms and are nice people to converse with, but if someone's own VP drops out because he thinks that the other campaign is a far better option, then his OWN ticket.... Then he is seeing something that the rest of us arent necessarily seeing, and that is a HUGE red flag for me, and I think it should raise up a red flag to you too.
==========================================================================
Part 2: The other thing that concerns me in the recent developments of the campaign is TUF choosing his oldest competition in the election, Cody, to be his VP just minutes after ClassicRobert ditched his campaign.....

Of the four presidential elections Ive witnessed, ALL of them had cases where people running separate campaigns would merge theirs together to build a stronger base without compromising much.... Usually it would be lower-level members running their own campaigns and not doing very well who would merge campaigns, to have a much bigger base while still staying in a position of power.....

These cases of campaign mergers were basically a hail-mary pass for people who didnt think they can win to do whatever they think they had to do to have a shot at landing a position of power.

Cody is NOT a lower-level member of DDO though, at all, in fact hes in the Hall of Fame.... However he IS a low level campaigner...... Cody has been president of DDO in the past (A long time ago, years ago actually, before it was even an important position) and he has periodically ran for president in recent elections too, usually doing kinda sorta decent, with his voter base consisting almost entirely of people who are his old friends. He rarely got any new up-and-coming member votes in what I remember though.

In this election, Cody's campaign were showing signs that he wasn't doing well. He didn't have a platform, or a VP pick, and although he does have a rather quiet and inactive voter base he never really performed well in head to head poll matchups between him and other candidates..... He also even opened up a thread asking for who wanted to be his VP, even though in every election in the past he rarely ever picked one, which (to me) is fishy activity for someone like Cody to do........

I'll cut to the chase, Cody dropping his campaign he has run on time and time again to fill in TUF's, (the leading candidate in this election for so long), now open VP spot so fast looks like a desperate grab for power to me. Not even an hour had passed before Cody surrendered his campaign to be TUF's VP once the spot opened up..... Less than an hour. As much as I respect Cody, that looks like a desperate grab for power to me.

Conclusion:

1 - ClassicRobert left TUFs campaign because he felt bsh1 would be a better president, which (in my mind) is something he wouldnt have done if Tuf and bsh1 were both kinda close in how they would perform..... Instead, CR saw something that apparently was large enough for him to not stay silent and trudge on campaigning for TUF, and actually drop out from the race and endorse his competition who hadnt been around for 3 hours when they announced they were entering the race...... That is a huge red flag to me which in my mind says that CR sees something here the rest of us arent seeing, and since CR is a pretty smart guy, thats a huge red flag for me.

2 - Cody's actions regarding how fast he surrendered his campaign to join as his competition's VP in again, less then an hour after the spot opened up, looks like a really desperate grab for power to me. Cody has run for president before with the same strategy and did kinda reasonable every time, but this time he cut his campaign and joined TUF's way too fast for it to not look suspicious, or look like a desperate power grab.

It is for these reasons that I am formally endorsing bsh1 for president.

You should run with Airmax as your VP
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 9:49:59 AM
At 12/10/2013 9:31:39 AM, Bullish wrote:
It's a CONSPIRACY!!!

-____-
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 12:43:32 PM
I'm flattered that you hold my views on the matter in such high esteem. I think you're making the right choice.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 12:45:46 PM
At 12/10/2013 12:43:32 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
I'm flattered that you hold my views on the matter in such high esteem. I think you're making the right choice.

Well when you encounter the people I bump into on any given day then people like you really tend to stand out :P

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 1:09:56 PM
At 12/10/2013 12:45:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2013 12:43:32 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

Well when you encounter the people I bump into on any given day then people like you really tend to stand out :P

That sort of compliment really does mean something to me. Thank you :)
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 1:38:25 PM
Imabench, thank you for your endorsement and for you vote on confidence in thett3 and I. I am glad we have your support!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 1:47:08 PM
At 12/10/2013 1:35:02 PM, YYW wrote:
Imabench makes an incredibly compelling case.

Its been a long, long a** time since someone has said those words :P

ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 1:55:57 PM
At 12/10/2013 1:47:08 PM, imabench wrote:

May it be a thousand years until they are heard again.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 1:56:51 PM
At 12/10/2013 1:55:57 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:

There is literally not one single person who gives a single fvck what you think on this site. Realize that.
Tsar of DDO
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 1:57:44 PM
At 12/10/2013 1:56:51 PM, YYW wrote:

There is literally not one single person who gives a single fvck what you think on this site. Realize that.

just calm down, here's your pill ;)
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 1:59:01 PM

Im sure he thinks that the actual pig he sleeps with in real life cares about what he thinks, so dont get your hopes up

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:00:08 PM
At 12/10/2013 1:59:01 PM, imabench wrote:

Im sure he thinks that the actual pig he sleeps with in real life cares about what he thinks, so dont get your hopes up

He seems more like the kind to get down with sheep to me.

This is Liberty's ideal mate: http://blogs.lifeandscience.org...
Tsar of DDO
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:12:45 PM
I should do one of these, perhaps when I'm less high. But it is an well thought out endorsement, for whatever it is worth.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:15:45 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:12:45 PM, Cermank wrote:
I should do one of these, perhaps when I'm less high. But it is an well thought out endorsement, for whatever it is worth.

wtf lol
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:17:22 PM
I should do one of these, perhaps when I'm less high.

Not gonna lie, I am slightly interested in seeing what someone would write as an endorsement when they are blazed....

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:25:49 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:16:43 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I didn't know they had weed in India.

lmfao. Are you serious? I had my first cannibis with my family. Like, its culturally acceptable during a festival in March.
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:27:10 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:00:08 PM, YYW wrote:

Back to bestiality huh? you two are obsessed with my sex life and it's flattering but you're both quite wrong about my ideal mate.

This is more like it http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:28:54 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:17:22 PM, imabench wrote:
I should do one of these, perhaps when I'm less high.

Not gonna lie, I am slightly interested in seeing what someone would write as an endorsement when they are blazed....

Lol, I won't do them any favours, that's for sure.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:30:10 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:25:49 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/10/2013 2:16:43 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I didn't know they had weed in India.

lmfao. Are you serious? I had my first cannibis with my family. Like, its culturally acceptable during a festival in March.

Well that's the most amusing thing I've read since like forever.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:31:48 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:27:10 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:

Back to bestiality huh? you two are obsessed with my sex life and it's flattering but you're both quite wrong about my ideal mate.

That's a cold b*tch. (That's politically correct, so don't complain).
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:32:31 PM

My guess is the dog is the smart one in the relationship.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:34:13 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:32:31 PM, imabench wrote:

Mine too.
Tsar of DDO
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:34:26 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:31:48 PM, Heineken wrote:

ohhh no, the snow may be cold; but she's quite hot (102 F).

ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:37:39 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:32:31 PM, imabench wrote:

My guess is that you couldn't win an argument with the dog either.

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:39:54 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:34:26 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:

Ok...are you serious?..because I'm a little nauseated by the detail of your reply.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 2:46:55 PM
At 12/10/2013 2:34:26 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:

Oh my.

Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew.