Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Hi, DDO! It's Bsh1!

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 11:16:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello DDO!

As this election draws nearer, I think it is important that I talk with you about why I decided to run, about why I crafted the platform I did, and about why I chose Thett3 as my VP. Amidst some of this negativity, I would like to inject some positive electoral discourse. I hope, at the end of this discussion, you will feel confident in our ticket and will cast your vote for us.

When I first came to DDO, I had just concluded my final IRL debate tournament. I was searching for an outlet to continue my passion, and DDO appeared to be a place where I could do that. I expected good debates and fierce discussion, and I got both of those things. What I did not expect was a community atmosphere where I could make friendships and form links with people across the globe.

DDO has become more than just a place where I can get my debate fix. It is a place where I can be comfortable with myself and enjoy whiling away much of my free time. Whether it is participating in mafia, or moding my own role-playing game, I felt that I was not only a part of the community spirit of DDO, but that I was contributing something of value. It was also here, on this site, that I first revealed myself as being gay--I do not regret that decision. I feel more honest here about who I am than I do anywhere else.

It happened gradually, but as I became more involved, more open, more active, DDO evolved into my home on the web. When I considered the notion of running, I took into account myriad factors that might influence my decision. Would I have the time? Would I want the job? After a while, I realized that this site meant enough to me that I would be in it for the long-haul. I am committed to its success, and whether or not I am elected, I plan on being here for years to come. My decision to run was not made lightly, but I think that Thett3 and I have a solid platform with great ideas for DDO and its community that would be to everyone"s benefit.

Ultimately, the role of President is one of an interlocutor--a liaison--between DDO and Juggle. I promise, and have consistently promised, to be an active, zealous, and vigorous advocate for the community in any discussions with Juggle. But an effective President must also maintain a positive working relationship with Juggle--one that yields results, but does no engender needless animosity. It is my goal to establish an effective rapport with Juggle while lobbying enthusiastically on your behalf to implement our platform.

That platform came about as a result of discussions between myself and Thett3, and as a result of comments I had heard from other users here on DDO. For example, many users had voiced frustration with the Polls section and so I attempted to meet those concerns by proposing in my platform a variety of reforms to that segment of DDO. A President is the representative of the community, and soliciting and responding to the input of the community is a key part of the job. Thett3 and I promise to craft an administration that is driven by the concerns of DDO"s amazing community, to be transparent in our actions, and to be inclusive in our decision-making.

I would also like to take a moment to talk about why I asked Thett3 to be my Vice Presidential candidate. I first got to know Thett3 when he accepted an open debate challenge I had crafted. It was my second debate ever, and I had been feeling confident after doing well in my first one. I soon learned, however, what it meant to be flattened, rolled up, and tossed aside. That loss has helped me become a better debater and a more humble person. After that, we began talking about debate as well as a wide range of other topics, and I have grown to value our conversations and discussions. He is a great friend of mine here on DDO and I trust him to be an excellent Vice President. His experience, debating skills, and likability were all factors I evaluated, and they are all qualities he has in abundance; yet, my primary reason for choosing him was that I believe we can work well together. A President must cultivate an effective team of qualified individuals who can work well together to help him lead. Thett3 and I get along well and bring a mixture of experience, enthusiasm, and passion for DDO to bear, and I firmly believe that we will be a team that can get things done on behalf of DDO and its community!

I value Thett3"s support and his friendship, and I believe we have constructive ideas and energy to contribute to DDO. I am asking for your vote because I think that our ticket will provide positive, quality leadership and because I sincerely believe that we can be excellent advocates for you in discussions with Juggle. If you have questions, we would be glad to answer, and I know that--regardless of who wins this election--DDO will be in good hands. Thank you!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 11:22:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you are interested in looking at our platform or my interview with Airmax, here it is: http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 11:40:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 11:23:04 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
TL;DR

nac

I was discussing why I am running (because I feel a link to the community), that I crafted a platform based on community input, and that I chose Thett3 based on his experience, debate skills, and our ability to work together. I concluded by asking for your vote.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 1:57:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Congrats on coming out! I must have missed that. I think that is great that you felt comfortable enough to do that here, I know several other members who have as well.

On a side note, I can tell that you copied that text from another document because of the double quotation " in replace of the single one '. When I am at work I send my documents to my email, then from my phone copy and paste them into here and for some reason it always does that automatically. Lol I know that was random.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 7:27:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 1:57:04 PM, TUF wrote:
Congrats on coming out! I must have missed that. I think that is great that you felt comfortable enough to do that here, I know several other members who have as well.

On a side note, I can tell that you copied that text from another document because of the double quotation " in replace of the single one '. When I am at work I send my documents to my email, then from my phone copy and paste them into here and for some reason it always does that automatically. Lol I know that was random.

Thank you! That is actually part of the reason I am so invested in DDO--it is one of the few places where I can be myself. I would like to give back to the community that gave me this opportunity.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 11:16:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hello DDO!

As this election draws nearer, I think it is important that I talk with you about why I decided to run, about why I crafted the platform I did, and about why I chose Thett3 as my VP. Amidst some of this negativity, I would like to inject some positive electoral discourse. I hope, at the end of this discussion, you will feel confident in our ticket and will cast your vote for us.

When I first came to DDO, I had just concluded my final IRL debate tournament. I was searching for an outlet to continue my passion, and DDO appeared to be a place where I could do that. I expected good debates and fierce discussion, and I got both of those things. What I did not expect was a community atmosphere where I could make friendships and form links with people across the globe.

DDO has become more than just a place where I can get my debate fix. It is a place where I can be comfortable with myself and enjoy whiling away much of my free time. Whether it is participating in mafia, or moding my own role-playing game, I felt that I was not only a part of the community spirit of DDO, but that I was contributing something of value. It was also here, on this site, that I first revealed myself as being gay--I do not regret that decision. I feel more honest here about who I am than I do anywhere else.

DDO is a great place to grow into your identity. I myself had a dramatic loss of faith, which shifted me from fundamentalism into this awkward ideological grey area. This is a good place to work out the conflicts of the heart and mind. I'm glad you're using it as a resource to establish your identity as gay man.

That being said, I would love to hear from you directly.....how do you feel you stack up to TUF as a candidate for President?

While being new is not a disqualifier for serving public office, TUF has a long history of service to this community, which makes the Presidency the logical next step. Since you haven't gotten your hands dirty, like your opponent has, what makes you the better choice and what evidence, besides anecdotal promises, do you have to support that?
If you'd take the time to answer, it would be much appreciated.:
It happened gradually, but as I became more involved, more open, more active, DDO evolved into my home on the web. When I considered the notion of running, I took into account myriad factors that might influence my decision. Would I have the time? Would I want the job? After a while, I realized that this site meant enough to me that I would be in it for the long-haul. I am committed to its success, and whether or not I am elected, I plan on being here for years to come. My decision to run was not made lightly, but I think that Thett3 and I have a solid platform with great ideas for DDO and its community that would be to everyone"s benefit.

Ultimately, the role of President is one of an interlocutor--a liaison--between DDO and Juggle. I promise, and have consistently promised, to be an active, zealous, and vigorous advocate for the community in any discussions with Juggle. But an effective President must also maintain a positive working relationship with Juggle--one that yields results, but does no engender needless animosity. It is my goal to establish an effective rapport with Juggle while lobbying enthusiastically on your behalf to implement our platform.

That platform came about as a result of discussions between myself and Thett3, and as a result of comments I had heard from other users here on DDO. For example, many users had voiced frustration with the Polls section and so I attempted to meet those concerns by proposing in my platform a variety of reforms to that segment of DDO. A President is the representative of the community, and soliciting and responding to the input of the community is a key part of the job. Thett3 and I promise to craft an administration that is driven by the concerns of DDO"s amazing community, to be transparent in our actions, and to be inclusive in our decision-making.

I would also like to take a moment to talk about why I asked Thett3 to be my Vice Presidential candidate. I first got to know Thett3 when he accepted an open debate challenge I had crafted. It was my second debate ever, and I had been feeling confident after doing well in my first one. I soon learned, however, what it meant to be flattened, rolled up, and tossed aside. That loss has helped me become a better debater and a more humble person. After that, we began talking about debate as well as a wide range of other topics, and I have grown to value our conversations and discussions. He is a great friend of mine here on DDO and I trust him to be an excellent Vice President. His experience, debating skills, and likability were all factors I evaluated, and they are all qualities he has in abundance; yet, my primary reason for choosing him was that I believe we can work well together. A President must cultivate an effective team of qualified individuals who can work well together to help him lead. Thett3 and I get along well and bring a mixture of experience, enthusiasm, and passion for DDO to bear, and I firmly believe that we will be a team that can get things done on behalf of DDO and its community!

I value Thett3"s support and his friendship, and I believe we have constructive ideas and energy to contribute to DDO. I am asking for your vote because I think that our ticket will provide positive, quality leadership and because I sincerely believe that we can be excellent advocates for you in discussions with Juggle. If you have questions, we would be glad to answer, and I know that--regardless of who wins this election--DDO will be in good hands. Thank you!
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:18:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

If anyone actually attacked you for losing your faith I would laugh.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:20:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

I said as the case may be.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:23:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

Godless heathen!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:26:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

No, he's referring to the part where we disapprove of the fact that he fvcks dogs. Ignoring, of course:

1. The identity of someone attracted to dogs is not built around dog-fvcking.
2. His behavior, both on the forums and in a debate I've had with him, suggests that for all his talk of having a "lover," he in fact objectifies the animals he copulates with and regards them as little other than tools for his sexual release.
3. He is rather... overwrought.
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:30:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:23:59 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

Godless heathen!

AIRMAX!!! .....thett3 is making fun of me!
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:32:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:26:59 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

No, he's referring to the part where we disapprove of the fact that he fvcks dogs. Ignoring, of course:

1. The identity of someone attracted to dogs is not built around dog-fvcking.
2. His behavior, both on the forums and in a debate I've had with him, suggests that for all his talk of having a "lover," he in fact objectifies the animals he copulates with and regards them as little other than tools for his sexual release.
3. He is rather... overwrought.

He's being facetious, right?
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:35:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:32:13 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:26:59 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

No, he's referring to the part where we disapprove of the fact that he fvcks dogs. Ignoring, of course:

1. The identity of someone attracted to dogs is not built around dog-fvcking.
2. His behavior, both on the forums and in a debate I've had with him, suggests that for all his talk of having a "lover," he in fact objectifies the animals he copulates with and regards them as little other than tools for his sexual release.
3. He is rather... overwrought.


He's being facetious, right?

http://www.debate.org...

Post 21
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:36:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:26:59 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

No, he's referring to the part where we disapprove of the fact that he fvcks dogs. Ignoring, of course:

Oh is that what I'm referring to?

1. The identity of someone attracted to dogs is not built around dog-fvcking.

Yet the identity of someone attracted to the same gender is built around fvcking the same gender?

2. His behavior, both on the forums and in a debate I've had with him, suggests that for all his talk of having a "lover," he in fact objectifies the animals he copulates with

I objectify everything, I am an objectivist.

and regards them as little other than tools for his sexual release.

I would be really interested to see any specific behavior which led you to this belief.

3. He is rather... overwrought.

better than being under-wrought :p
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:38:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:35:47 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:32:13 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:26:59 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

No, he's referring to the part where we disapprove of the fact that he fvcks dogs. Ignoring, of course:

1. The identity of someone attracted to dogs is not built around dog-fvcking.
2. His behavior, both on the forums and in a debate I've had with him, suggests that for all his talk of having a "lover," he in fact objectifies the animals he copulates with and regards them as little other than tools for his sexual release.
3. He is rather... overwrought.


He's being facetious, right?

http://www.debate.org...

Post 21

Yea, I saw that. He is a bit vulgar, but it seems like dirty sarcasm to me....I hope.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:38:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:35:47 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:32:13 PM, Heineken wrote:
He's being facetious, right?

http://www.debate.org...

Post 21

Heineken made a joke responding to that post, I think he read it.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:39:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:38:39 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:35:47 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:32:13 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:26:59 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:13:25 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:04:42 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
DDO is a great place to grow into your identity.

Or watch it get mercilessly attacked, as the case may be ;p

....I haven't been attacked for my loss of faith. It's been addressed by everything from congratulations to concern and offers for prayer. Can't say I've experienced a merciless attack in that regard.

No, he's referring to the part where we disapprove of the fact that he fvcks dogs. Ignoring, of course:

1. The identity of someone attracted to dogs is not built around dog-fvcking.
2. His behavior, both on the forums and in a debate I've had with him, suggests that for all his talk of having a "lover," he in fact objectifies the animals he copulates with and regards them as little other than tools for his sexual release.
3. He is rather... overwrought.


He's being facetious, right?

http://www.debate.org...

Post 21

Yea, I saw that. He is a bit vulgar, but it seems like dirty sarcasm to me....I hope.

He's mentioned being attracted to animals in the comments of his bestiality debates many times. I can assure you he isn't being facetious or sarcastic.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:40:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:38:39 PM, Heineken wrote:
Yea, I saw that. He is a bit vulgar, but it seems like dirty sarcasm to me....I hope.

I am not joking about being a zoophile/zoosexual.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:41:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:38:56 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:35:47 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:32:13 PM, Heineken wrote:
He's being facetious, right?

http://www.debate.org...

Post 21

Heineken made a joke responding to that post, I think he read it.

ADOL (That's you name now, because it's easier for me...I'm lazy).....ADOL, are you practicing bestiality?
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:43:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:40:36 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:38:39 PM, Heineken wrote:
Yea, I saw that. He is a bit vulgar, but it seems like dirty sarcasm to me....I hope.

I am not joking about being a zoophile/zoosexual.

You're a sad creature.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
ADreamOfLiberty
Posts: 1,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2013 8:44:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 8:41:08 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:38:56 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:35:47 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:32:13 PM, Heineken wrote:
He's being facetious, right?

http://www.debate.org...

Post 21

Heineken made a joke responding to that post, I think he read it.

ADOL (That's you name now, because it's easier for me...I'm lazy).....ADOL, are you practicing bestiality?

http://www.debate.org... post 91, now three.

At 12/11/2013 8:43:03 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:40:36 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
At 12/11/2013 8:38:39 PM, Heineken wrote:
Yea, I saw that. He is a bit vulgar, but it seems like dirty sarcasm to me....I hope.

I am not joking about being a zoophile/zoosexual.

You're a sad creature.

Like I said, as the case may be.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 4:37:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2013 7:44:32 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/11/2013 11:16:58 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Hello DDO!

As this election draws nearer, I think it is important that I talk with you about why I decided to run, about why I crafted the platform I did, and about why I chose Thett3 as my VP. Amidst some of this negativity, I would like to inject some positive electoral discourse. I hope, at the end of this discussion, you will feel confident in our ticket and will cast your vote for us.

When I first came to DDO, I had just concluded my final IRL debate tournament. I was searching for an outlet to continue my passion, and DDO appeared to be a place where I could do that. I expected good debates and fierce discussion, and I got both of those things. What I did not expect was a community atmosphere where I could make friendships and form links with people across the globe.

DDO has become more than just a place where I can get my debate fix. It is a place where I can be comfortable with myself and enjoy whiling away much of my free time. Whether it is participating in mafia, or moding my own role-playing game, I felt that I was not only a part of the community spirit of DDO, but that I was contributing something of value. It was also here, on this site, that I first revealed myself as being gay--I do not regret that decision. I feel more honest here about who I am than I do anywhere else.


DDO is a great place to grow into your identity. I myself had a dramatic loss of faith, which shifted me from fundamentalism into this awkward ideological grey area. This is a good place to work out the conflicts of the heart and mind. I'm glad you're using it as a resource to establish your identity as gay man.

That being said, I would love to hear from you directly.....how do you feel you stack up to TUF as a candidate for President?

I am sorry for my delayed response! I had a family thing to attend in the evening.

I think that this election really comes down to what style of leadership voters would like to see. TUF is an amazing person--and any fellow LDer gets an A+ in my book. However, I feel that he tends to react more emotionally sometimes than calmly. I also think that there are some substantive difference in platform to consider. For instance, TUF noted in his interview with you that he did not want to take a stand on banning policy. Certainly, the ability to ban lies with the moderators, but a President can call attention to moderators users he thinks ought to be temp-banned or perm-banned and can make a case for why those users deserve that penalty. I think that this is an important element to consider. There are other differences we have, like the Polls section, the Opinions section, and so forth that voters should also take into account.

While being new is not a disqualifier for serving public office, TUF has a long history of service to this community, which makes the Presidency the logical next step. Since you haven't gotten your hands dirty, like your opponent has, what makes you the better choice and what evidence, besides anecdotal promises, do you have to support that?

I think that I have "gotten my hands dirty" in the time I have spent on DDO. I have hosted several tournaments, several games, and joined into the mafia circle. I think those are all integral parts of life for many DDO users. Additionally, thett has a wide range of experience that adds to the ticket. Our unique combination of zeal, experience, and ideas (i.e. our platform) our what voters can count on should they vote for us.

Ultimately though, I think no matter who wins, DDO will have solid leadership moving forward. There is no "wrong" choice here, which I why I think things are so close.

I hope I was able to answer your question!

If you'd take the time to answer, it would be much appreciated.:
It happened gradually, but as I became more involved, more open, more active, DDO evolved into my home on the web. When I considered the notion of running, I took into account myriad factors that might influence my decision. Would I have the time? Would I want the job? After a while, I realized that this site meant enough to me that I would be in it for the long-haul. I am committed to its success, and whether or not I am elected, I plan on being here for years to come. My decision to run was not made lightly, but I think that Thett3 and I have a solid platform with great ideas for DDO and its community that would be to everyone"s benefit.

Ultimately, the role of President is one of an interlocutor--a liaison--between DDO and Juggle. I promise, and have consistently promised, to be an active, zealous, and vigorous advocate for the community in any discussions with Juggle. But an effective President must also maintain a positive working relationship with Juggle--one that yields results, but does no engender needless animosity. It is my goal to establish an effective rapport with Juggle while lobbying enthusiastically on your behalf to implement our platform.

That platform came about as a result of discussions between myself and Thett3, and as a result of comments I had heard from other users here on DDO. For example, many users had voiced frustration with the Polls section and so I attempted to meet those concerns by proposing in my platform a variety of reforms to that segment of DDO. A President is the representative of the community, and soliciting and responding to the input of the community is a key part of the job. Thett3 and I promise to craft an administration that is driven by the concerns of DDO"s amazing community, to be transparent in our actions, and to be inclusive in our decision-making.

I would also like to take a moment to talk about why I asked Thett3 to be my Vice Presidential candidate. I first got to know Thett3 when he accepted an open debate challenge I had crafted. It was my second debate ever, and I had been feeling confident after doing well in my first one. I soon learned, however, what it meant to be flattened, rolled up, and tossed aside. That loss has helped me become a better debater and a more humble person. After that, we began talking about debate as well as a wide range of other topics, and I have grown to value our conversations and discussions. He is a great friend of mine here on DDO and I trust him to be an excellent Vice President. His experience, debating skills, and likability were all factors I evaluated, and they are all qualities he has in abundance; yet, my primary reason for choosing him was that I believe we can work well together. A President must cultivate an effective team of qualified individuals who can work well together to help him lead. Thett3 and I get along well and bring a mixture of experience, enthusiasm, and passion for DDO to bear, and I firmly believe that we will be a team that can get things done on behalf of DDO and its community!

I value Thett3"s support and his friendship, and I believe we have constructive ideas and energy to contribute to DDO. I am asking for your vote because I think that our ticket will provide positive, quality leadership and because I sincerely believe that we can be excellent advocates for you in discussions with Juggle. If you have questions, we would be glad to answer, and I know that--regardless of who wins this election--DDO will be in good hands. Thank you!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 7:52:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
omfg....did not know you were gay...OK.

That explains a lot, lmao
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 8:47:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 7:52:43 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
omfg....did not know you were gay...OK.

That explains a lot, lmao

Yeah. Probably a few people wondered about him and me at CatNats, lol...My family and my coach were totally oblivious though. Anyway, thanks for your vote. Your support does mean a lot!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 9:02:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think that I have "gotten my hands dirty" in the time I have spent on DDO. I have hosted several tournaments, several games, and joined into the mafia circle. I think those are all integral parts of life for many DDO users. Additionally, thett has a wide range of experience that adds to the ticket. Our unique combination of zeal, experience, and ideas (i.e. our platform) our what voters can count on should they vote for us.

I definitely will concede that you are an active member of the community, but I cannot rationalize that your activity qualifies you as an exceptional member. You come across like any other nominal user, while TUF has been literally engaged with Juggle to swing his team debate feature.
Additionally, his philanthropy cannot be overlooked. Nobody can accuse him of buying votes since his raffles far precede this campaign. He has a long standing history of visibly caring about the site and doing things for people (everyone) with an incredibly selfless attitude.

When I said "getting your hands dirty", I'm referring to putting in actual labor to better the site, rather than simply participating...however feverously you might be doing that.

This isn't a question of if you're qualified. This is a question of "are you as qualified as TUF?"
Honestly, with only 90 days of history on this site, I'm not sure you've even had a real chance to get your hands dirty, which really makes your bid to represent all of us....quite bold and presumptuous. Don't you think?


Ultimately though, I think no matter who wins, DDO will have solid leadership moving forward. There is no "wrong" choice here, which I why I think things are so close.

I hope I was able to answer your question!

If you'd take the time to answer, it would be much appreciated.:
It happened gradually, but as I became more involved, more open, more active, DDO evolved into my home on the web. When I considered the notion of running, I took into account myriad factors that might influence my decision. Would I have the time? Would I want the job? After a while, I realized that this site meant enough to me that I would be in it for the long-haul. I am committed to its success, and whether or not I am elected, I plan on being here for years to come. My decision to run was not made lightly, but I think that Thett3 and I have a solid platform with great ideas for DDO and its community that would be to everyone"s benefit.

Ultimately, the role of President is one of an interlocutor--a liaison--between DDO and Juggle. I promise, and have consistently promised, to be an active, zealous, and vigorous advocate for the community in any discussions with Juggle. But an effective President must also maintain a positive working relationship with Juggle--one that yields results, but does no engender needless animosity. It is my goal to establish an effective rapport with Juggle while lobbying enthusiastically on your behalf to implement our platform.

That platform came about as a result of discussions between myself and Thett3, and as a result of comments I had heard from other users here on DDO. For example, many users had voiced frustration with the Polls section and so I attempted to meet those concerns by proposing in my platform a variety of reforms to that segment of DDO. A President is the representative of the community, and soliciting and responding to the input of the community is a key part of the job. Thett3 and I promise to craft an administration that is driven by the concerns of DDO"s amazing community, to be transparent in our actions, and to be inclusive in our decision-making.

I would also like to take a moment to talk about why I asked Thett3 to be my Vice Presidential candidate. I first got to know Thett3 when he accepted an open debate challenge I had crafted. It was my second debate ever, and I had been feeling confident after doing well in my first one. I soon learned, however, what it meant to be flattened, rolled up, and tossed aside. That loss has helped me become a better debater and a more humble person. After that, we began talking about debate as well as a wide range of other topics, and I have grown to value our conversations and discussions. He is a great friend of mine here on DDO and I trust him to be an excellent Vice President. His experience, debating skills, and likability were all factors I evaluated, and they are all qualities he has in abundance; yet, my primary reason for choosing him was that I believe we can work well together. A President must cultivate an effective team of qualified individuals who can work well together to help him lead. Thett3 and I get along well and bring a mixture of experience, enthusiasm, and passion for DDO to bear, and I firmly believe that we will be a team that can get things done on behalf of DDO and its community!

I value Thett3"s support and his friendship, and I believe we have constructive ideas and energy to contribute to DDO. I am asking for your vote because I think that our ticket will provide positive, quality leadership and because I sincerely believe that we can be excellent advocates for you in discussions with Juggle. If you have questions, we would be glad to answer, and I know that--regardless of who wins this election--DDO will be in good hands. Thank you!
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 9:29:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 9:02:03 PM, Heineken wrote:
I think that I have "gotten my hands dirty" in the time I have spent on DDO. I have hosted several tournaments, several games, and joined into the mafia circle. I think those are all integral parts of life for many DDO users. Additionally, thett has a wide range of experience that adds to the ticket. Our unique combination of zeal, experience, and ideas (i.e. our platform) our what voters can count on should they vote for us.

I definitely will concede that you are an active member of the community, but I cannot rationalize that your activity qualifies you as an exceptional member. You come across like any other nominal user, while TUF has been literally engaged with Juggle to swing his team debate feature.

Many users don't host myriad tournaments, RPG games, and so on. You cannot deny that our ticket has more than 2 years of combined experience. I think that this discussion though is getting a way from the issues, which is what this is about. Our platform as substantive differences from TUF, and voters should definitely take into consideration differences in policy implications.

Additionally, his philanthropy cannot be overlooked. Nobody can accuse him of buying votes since his raffles far precede this campaign. He has a long standing history of visibly caring about the site and doing things for people (everyone) with an incredibly selfless attitude.

I think that TUF actions there are laudable, but many people simply can't afford to sink money into DDO. Personally, if I had money to spare, I would be trying to use it to help this website. I may not have invested in hard money, but I have been on DDO for hours every single day that I have been a member. I have come out on this website, and I am not out anywhere else. I have tried to improve the quality of debate with more tournaments. I have hosted my own RPG game which consumed hours of free time I could have spent elsewhere.

I may not be tied to DDO with money, but I am tied to it emotionally and I have invested an incredible amount of my time into this website during my time as a member. I feel that I have an incredible stake in the future of this website, and that is why I ran.

DDO matters, and it matters to me a lot.

When I said "getting your hands dirty", I'm referring to putting in actual labor to better the site, rather than simply participating...however feverously you might be doing that.

This isn't a question of if you're qualified. This is a question of "are you as qualified as TUF?"
Honestly, with only 90 days of history on this site, I'm not sure you've even had a real chance to get your hands dirty, which really makes your bid to represent all of us....quite bold and presumptuous. Don't you think?

I wanted to offer DDO a choice. At first I tried to encourage others to run, and when that failed--and only after that failed--did I make the decision to run. Offering voters a choice is not bold or presumptuous, it is democratic. Also, it is not just me that voters are voting for, they are also voting for my runningmate. We are a team, and together we do have the zeal and experience DDO needs. I think, though, that it is ultimately up to the voters to decided whether or not I am qualified, and so I leave it to them to make that call.

Ultimately though, I think no matter who wins, DDO will have solid leadership moving forward. There is no "wrong" choice here, which I why I think things are so close.

I hope I was able to answer your question!

If you'd take the time to answer, it would be much appreciated.:
It happened gradually, but as I became more involved, more open, more active, DDO evolved into my home on the web. When I considered the notion of running, I took into account myriad factors that might influence my decision. Would I have the time? Would I want the job? After a while, I realized that this site meant enough to me that I would be in it for the long-haul. I am committed to its success, and whether or not I am elected, I plan on being here for years to come. My decision to run was not made lightly, but I think that Thett3 and I have a solid platform with great ideas for DDO and its community that would be to everyone"s benefit.

Ultimately, the role of President is one of an interlocutor--a liaison--between DDO and Juggle. I promise, and have consistently promised, to be an active, zealous, and vigorous advocate for the community in any discussions with Juggle. But an effective President must also maintain a positive working relationship with Juggle--one that yields results, but does no engender needless animosity. It is my goal to establish an effective rapport with Juggle while lobbying enthusiastically on your behalf to implement our platform.

That platform came about as a result of discussions between myself and Thett3, and as a result of comments I had heard from other users here on DDO. For example, many users had voiced frustration with the Polls section and so I attempted to meet those concerns by proposing in my platform a variety of reforms to that segment of DDO. A President is the representative of the community, and soliciting and responding to the input of the community is a key part of the job. Thett3 and I promise to craft an administration that is driven by the concerns of DDO"s amazing community, to be transparent in our actions, and to be inclusive in our decision-making.

I would also like to take a moment to talk about why I asked Thett3 to be my Vice Presidential candidate. I first got to know Thett3 when he accepted an open debate challenge I had crafted. It was my second debate ever, and I had been feeling confident after doing well in my first one. I soon learned, however, what it meant to be flattened, rolled up, and tossed aside. That loss has helped me become a better debater and a more humble person. After that, we began talking about debate as well as a wide range of other topics, and I have grown to value our conversations and discussions. He is a great friend of mine here on DDO and I trust him to be an excellent Vice President. His experience, debating skills, and likability were all factors I evaluated, and they are all qualities he has in abundance; yet, my primary reason for choosing him was that I believe we can work well together. A President must cultivate an effective team of qualified individuals who can work well together to help him lead. Thett3 and I get along well and bring a mixture of experience, enthusiasm, and passion for DDO to bear, and I firmly believe that we will be a team that can get things done on behalf of DDO and its community!

I value Thett3"s support and his friendship, and I believe we have constructive ideas and energy to contribute to DDO. I am asking for your vote because I think that our ticket will provide positive, quality leadership and because I sincerely believe that we can be excellent advocates for you in discussions with Juggle. If you have questions, we would be glad to answer, and I know that--regardless of who wins this election--DDO will be in good hands. Thank you!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 9:43:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I definitely will concede that you are an active member of the community, but I cannot rationalize that your activity qualifies you as an exceptional member. You come across like any other nominal user, while TUF has been literally engaged with Juggle to swing his team debate feature.

Many users don't host myriad tournaments, RPG games, and so on.
That's not true at all. Mafia and tournament debates existed in massive volume before you began your own streak. Like I said, you're active, but nothing about your participation is unique.

Additionally, the President represents us...to Juggle. What exactly does a Mafia game have to do with the role of President?

You cannot deny that our ticket has more than 2 years of combined experience.
I will, because that's pure spin. Thett has experience and he chose to take the back-seat in this campaign. I don't understand why Batman is acting like the side-kick to Robin.

I think that this discussion though is getting a way from the issues, which is what this is about. Our platform as substantive differences from TUF, and voters should definitely take into consideration differences in policy implications.

That is true, but different isn't always better and frankly...I find your campaign to be unrealistic. I don't see Juggle playing ball on some of those key issues.

Additionally, his philanthropy cannot be overlooked. Nobody can accuse him of buying votes since his raffles far precede this campaign. He has a long standing history of visibly caring about the site and doing things for people (everyone) with an incredibly selfless attitude.

I think that TUF actions there are laudable, but many people simply can't afford to sink money into DDO. Personally, if I had money to spare, I would be trying to use it to help this website.

I'm not saying you should spend money. The reason I bring that up, is because his philantrophy speaks something about his character. It's evidence that he is who he claims. This can also be proven without money.

I may not have invested in hard money, but I have been on DDO for hours every single day that I have been a member.

Not unique. I'm on this site all day. I check it more often than my e-mail.

I have come out on this website, and I am not out anywhere else. I have tried to improve the quality of debate with more tournaments. I have hosted my own RPG game which consumed hours of free time I could have spent elsewhere.

Not relevant to the Presidency.

I may not be tied to DDO with money, but I am tied to it emotionally and I have invested an incredible amount of my time into this website during my time as a member. I feel that I have an incredible stake in the future of this website, and that is why I ran.

That's getting to the core of it. The site is an outlet for you. A refuge. When you become President, the site will become a burden of responsibility for you.


DDO matters, and it matters to me a lot.

When I said "getting your hands dirty", I'm referring to putting in actual labor to better the site, rather than simply participating...however feverously you might be doing that.

This isn't a question of if you're qualified. This is a question of "are you as qualified as TUF?"
Honestly, with only 90 days of history on this site, I'm not sure you've even had a real chance to get your hands dirty, which really makes your bid to represent all of us....quite bold and presumptuous. Don't you think?

I wanted to offer DDO a choice. At first I tried to encourage others to run, and when that failed--and only after that failed--did I make the decision to run. Offering voters a choice is not bold or presumptuous, it is democratic. Also, it is not just me that voters are voting for, they are also voting for my runningmate. We are a team, and together we do have the zeal and experience DDO needs. I think, though, that it is ultimately up to the voters to decided whether or not I am qualified, and so I leave it to them to make that call.

Ultimately though, I think no matter who wins, DDO will have solid leadership moving forward. There is no "wrong" choice here, which I why I think things are so close.


Also, I want to ask a question: Why is it a point of evidence..that you should be President...because you revealed that you are gay on this site? Is that really a reason for people to vote for you? That seems rather personal and I see why that makes DDO a bastion for you...but what does it have to do with being a mediator between us and Juggle?
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)