Jump to topic:

ClassicRobert here, talking about Bsh1

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 8:32:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I remember when I first joined DDO about 7 months ago. I came here by storm, and users like Imabench, Thett3, MassiveDump, ConservativePolitico, Airmax1227, Freedo, and many more that I am not listing purely for the sake of space, welcomed me to the community. When I first started posting in the forums, I remember feeling intellectually dwarfed in every conversation, but I worked hard, I researched, and though I still have much to learn, I feel as though I am part of a community here, and that is ultimately why I feel such a commitment to the website and the people on it.

This is why, when it all comes down to it, I chose to support Bsh1 and Thett3 for the presidency. Because they share this goal of bettering DDO, I know that in voting for them, I will be helping the community. So I'm going to point out a few reasons why you should vote for them too.

Bsh1 and I used to run a political twitter account together, and though we no longer do, while we did I learned some very interesting things about him. You see, when you post political tweets, you undoubtably get some of the stupidest and most confrontational people possible attacking you (#tcot). However, in almost every situation where he was attacked by these people, he was able to remove the insults from these people's mouths and get them to start engaging him in a more rational manner.

That is what DDO is about: getting people to speak with reasonable discourse. Bsh1 has shown that he is capable of doing that to me (though I am having trouble finding exact instances, solely because I would need to scroll through thousands of tweets to find them). This is a trait that we see only in leaders.

And as YYW, the former Chief of Staff for the Airmax1227 administration so helpfully pointed out, the presidency is a very high tension job. You have people wanting to attack you, and you are the liaison between two often conflicting interests: the DDO community and Juggle. We need a president who can handle this without escalating tensions, because otherwise, it won't be a productive relationship. And though he has not had much opportunity to do so on DDO, I've seen him do this amazingly while we were working together on Twitter, and I have full confidence that he has this skill in diplomacy.

And I would like to address his inexperience on the website briefly- in his case, I honestly don't see it as a problem. Since joining about three months ago, he has become every bit as involved of a member as you or I. He has done 36 debates, he has voted a whopping 190 times, and he has posted in the forums almost 800 times. For somebody who's only been here for three months, that's insane. He even came out as gay on DDO. So what can we conclude from this? He's absolutely committed to the DDO community, he is every bit as much "one of us" as you or I, and is running for president because he truly has our best interests at heart, and he wants to represent us to Juggle.

Given his skills in diplomacy, his fierce dedication to servicing the DDO community, and his platform, based on the ideals of the community, I can tell that he is, without a single doubt in my mind, the best candidate for the presidency that we have in this race.

Vote Bsh1/Thett3

Sincerely,
ClassicRobert
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 8:47:49 AM
At 12/12/2013 8:32:13 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
I remember when I first joined DDO about 7 months ago. I came here by storm, and users like Imabench, Thett3, MassiveDump, ConservativePolitico, Airmax1227, Freedo, and many more that I am not listing purely for the sake of space, welcomed me to the community. When I first started posting in the forums, I remember feeling intellectually dwarfed in every conversation, but I worked hard, I researched, and though I still have much to learn, I feel as though I am part of a community here, and that is ultimately why I feel such a commitment to the website and the people on it.

This is why, when it all comes down to it, I chose to support Bsh1 and Thett3 for the presidency. Because they share this goal of bettering DDO, I know that in voting for them, I will be helping the community. So I'm going to point out a few reasons why you should vote for them too.

Bsh1 and I used to run a political twitter account together, and though we no longer do, while we did I learned some very interesting things about him. You see, when you post political tweets, you undoubtably get some of the stupidest and most confrontational people possible attacking you (#tcot). However, in almost every situation where he was attacked by these people, he was able to remove the insults from these people's mouths and get them to start engaging him in a more rational manner.

That is what DDO is about: getting people to speak with reasonable discourse. Bsh1 has shown that he is capable of doing that to me (though I am having trouble finding exact instances, solely because I would need to scroll through thousands of tweets to find them). This is a trait that we see only in leaders.

And as YYW, the former Chief of Staff for the Airmax1227 administration so helpfully pointed out, the presidency is a very high tension job. You have people wanting to attack you, and you are the liaison between two often conflicting interests: the DDO community and Juggle. We need a president who can handle this without escalating tensions, because otherwise, it won't be a productive relationship. And though he has not had much opportunity to do so on DDO, I've seen him do this amazingly while we were working together on Twitter, and I have full confidence that he has this skill in diplomacy.

And I would like to address his inexperience on the website briefly- in his case, I honestly don't see it as a problem. Since joining about three months ago, he has become every bit as involved of a member as you or I. He has done 36 debates, he has voted a whopping 190 times, and he has posted in the forums almost 800 times. For somebody who's only been here for three months, that's insane. He even came out as gay on DDO. So what can we conclude from this? He's absolutely committed to the DDO community, he is every bit as much "one of us" as you or I, and is running for president because he truly has our best interests at heart, and he wants to represent us to Juggle.

Given his skills in diplomacy, his fierce dedication to servicing the DDO community, and his platform, based on the ideals of the community, I can tell that he is, without a single doubt in my mind, the best candidate for the presidency that we have in this race.

Vote Bsh1/Thett3

Sincerely,
ClassicRobert

Thank you for posting this (I just wanted to let you know I read it and appreciate you posting your review).
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 9:59:42 AM
At 12/12/2013 9:45:10 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Yes, he has voted on 180 debates. Soon he may read one.

Too bad thett3 isn't leading their ticket.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)