Total Posts:92|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

***Official DDO Elections CHAT Thread***

ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:41:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This... this is going to be a close one.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:42:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:41:33 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
This... this is going to be a close one.

Yup.
Tsar of DDO
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:44:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:41:33 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
This... this is going to be a close one.

The election's taking longer because...

wait for it...

both parties agreed to keep STALIN.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:44:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Someone should do a statistical analysis of this election compared to other elections.

Things like:

How many election based threads there were
How many candidates ran
How many people pulled their name out
How many posts were made
How many times the term "ad nasuem" was used

etc
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:45:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:44:19 AM, TUF wrote:
How many times the term "ad nasuem" was used

500,000,000. Obviously.
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:46:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:45:05 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:44:19 AM, TUF wrote:
How many times the term "ad nasuem" was used

500,000,000. Obviously.

Something close to that, probably.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:46:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:46:02 AM, TUF wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:45:05 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:44:19 AM, TUF wrote:
How many times the term "ad nasuem" was used

500,000,000. Obviously.

Something close to that, probably.

But of course lol
Tsar of DDO
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:48:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:44:05 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:41:33 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
This... this is going to be a close one.

The election's taking longer because...

wait for it...

both parties agreed to keep STALIN.

It was a pun, goddammit.
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:49:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:48:28 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:44:05 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:41:33 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
This... this is going to be a close one.

The election's taking longer because...

wait for it...

both parties agreed to keep STALIN.

It was a pun, goddammit.

We gathered that....
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:49:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who thinks that voting requirements should be made more stringent? The forum post minimum is fine, but 3 debates isn't enough. I mean, you gain access to voting on debates at that level. I think only DDO's active members should get to vote, as they're the ones who will be bearing the election's consequences.
STALIN
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:51:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:51:00 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:50:00 AM, STALIN wrote:
PizzaPizzaPizza

Whoever gets elected,

Banhammer.

Promise me.

Hmm...I wonder how massive that damp really is.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:52:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:47:49 AM, Cermank wrote:
I love you all

Agreed. Except for STALIN.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:53:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:49:57 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Who thinks that voting requirements should be made more stringent? The forum post minimum is fine, but 3 debates isn't enough. I mean, you gain access to voting on debates at that level. I think only DDO's active members should get to vote, as they're the ones who will be bearing the election's consequences.

I'm more in favor of a monarchy-type situation. Elections are messy and people seem to be at once afraid of conflict/negativity. Monarchy would reduce all of that unpleasantness.
Tsar of DDO
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:56:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:52:54 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:47:49 AM, Cermank wrote:
I love you all

Agreed. Except for STALIN.

And inferno.
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:57:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:56:04 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:52:54 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:47:49 AM, Cermank wrote:
I love you all

Agreed. Except for STALIN.

And inferno.

I don't understand why people hate on inferno.
Tsar of DDO
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:58:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:57:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:56:04 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:52:54 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:47:49 AM, Cermank wrote:
I love you all

Agreed. Except for STALIN.

And inferno.

I don't understand why people hate on inferno.

True. After STALIN happened, inferno almost seems sophisticated.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:59:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:53:37 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:49:57 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Who thinks that voting requirements should be made more stringent? The forum post minimum is fine, but 3 debates isn't enough. I mean, you gain access to voting on debates at that level. I think only DDO's active members should get to vote, as they're the ones who will be bearing the election's consequences.

I'm more in favor of a monarchy-type situation. Elections are messy and people seem to be at once afraid of conflict/negativity. Monarchy would reduce all of that unpleasantness.

Massacres are messy too, and they are most often propagated by people who have no incentive to maintain good relations with their subjects. In the context of DDO, this would likely manifest in the leader pursuing his own vision regardless of the community's desires.
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 10:59:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:58:40 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:57:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:56:04 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:52:54 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:47:49 AM, Cermank wrote:
I love you all

Agreed. Except for STALIN.

And inferno.

I don't understand why people hate on inferno.

True. After STALIN happened, inferno almost seems sophisticated.

I don't mind either of them. Neither of them are malicious. Neither of them really cause any real harm. So, they're ok with me.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 11:01:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:59:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:53:37 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:49:57 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Who thinks that voting requirements should be made more stringent? The forum post minimum is fine, but 3 debates isn't enough. I mean, you gain access to voting on debates at that level. I think only DDO's active members should get to vote, as they're the ones who will be bearing the election's consequences.

I'm more in favor of a monarchy-type situation. Elections are messy and people seem to be at once afraid of conflict/negativity. Monarchy would reduce all of that unpleasantness.

Massacres are messy too, and they are most often propagated by people who have no incentive to maintain good relations with their subjects.

Dude, monarchs have an incredibly compelling reason to maintain good relations with their subjects. Just ask the French... or the Russians.

In the context of DDO, this would likely manifest in the leader pursuing his own vision regardless of the community's desires.

I think it would be more of a nobles oblige type situation.
Tsar of DDO
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 11:01:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 10:59:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:58:40 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:57:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:56:04 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:52:54 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:47:49 AM, Cermank wrote:
I love you all

Agreed. Except for STALIN.

And inferno.

I don't understand why people hate on inferno.

True. After STALIN happened, inferno almost seems sophisticated.

I don't mind either of them. Neither of them are malicious. Neither of them really cause any real harm. So, they're ok with me.

Stalin has multiple accounts and rapes the sh!t out of threads with "asdf" posts. I consider that malicious.
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 11:03:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 11:01:18 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:59:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:58:40 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:57:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:56:04 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:52:54 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:47:49 AM, Cermank wrote:
I love you all

Agreed. Except for STALIN.

And inferno.

I don't understand why people hate on inferno.

True. After STALIN happened, inferno almost seems sophisticated.

I don't mind either of them. Neither of them are malicious. Neither of them really cause any real harm. So, they're ok with me.

Stalin has multiple accounts and rapes the sh!t out of threads with "asdf" posts. I consider that malicious.

How do you know he's multi-accounting?

I don't care about the spammy stuff though, as long as it stays in the misc section.
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 11:07:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 11:01:01 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:59:45 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:53:37 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/12/2013 10:49:57 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Who thinks that voting requirements should be made more stringent? The forum post minimum is fine, but 3 debates isn't enough. I mean, you gain access to voting on debates at that level. I think only DDO's active members should get to vote, as they're the ones who will be bearing the election's consequences.

I'm more in favor of a monarchy-type situation. Elections are messy and people seem to be at once afraid of conflict/negativity. Monarchy would reduce all of that unpleasantness.

Massacres are messy too, and they are most often propagated by people who have no incentive to maintain good relations with their subjects.

Dude, monarchs have an incredibly compelling reason to maintain good relations with their subjects. Just ask the French... or the Russians.

The incentive is just 'be as good as is necessary not to be overthrown', while elections require that a leader appear as the best qualified candidate to a majority of the people. It's the difference between the DMV and Apple.


In the context of DDO, this would likely manifest in the leader pursuing his own vision regardless of the community's desires.

I think it would be more of a nobles oblige type situation.