Jump to topic:

2nd Official DDO Tournament

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 8:33:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello Debate.org, and welcome to Debate.org"s second official debate tournaments! I know there are a couple tournaments going on already, and this is not to intrude on either of them. This will be a three part tournament designed to create phenomenal debates in three different tiers. I will keep the sing ups spots low, because of the ongoing tournaments. I will also be advertising this tournament to other members around the site, in an attempt to bring in new faces to the tournament environment. Tournament winners will be idolized in the "Tournament winners" thread Airmax created.

http://www.debate.org...

I will do my best to vote on all of the debates in this competition, and advertise them in my signature and other places. I will also be contacting some of the best voters on the site, and requesting their assistance in voting on these debates as well.

Tier #1: Experts Debate competition!

Description: This tier is designed for those who are looking for a challenge! The best of the best debaters and those who want to prove that they are the best, or can hang in there with the best, should sign up for this competition.

-Debaters with a recent history of many forfeits, will not be eligible for this competition. If a debater has had one or two in the past months, I will make an exception. However, this specific Tier is designed for the most quality debates, and we want to try and avoid forfeits at all cost. I will look into each sign up individually to make sure there aren"t a copious amount of forfeits.

-It is recommended that if you are within the top two pages of the leaderboard and interested in signing up, that you sign up for this competition rather than the lower tiers. Debaters with less experience of course are allowed to sign up, though should expect and prepare to be facing off against some of the other top notch debaters of the site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tier #2: Intermediate Competition!

Description: Love to debate, but aren"t quite ready for the major leagues? This tier is designed for debaters looking to improve their skills, and wanting to get ready for the next step. Debaters who have some quality debates under their belt, and are looking to gain better experience, should sign up for this competition.

-You must have at least 5 completed, non-forfeited debates to sign up for this competition.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tier #3: Novice Competition!

Description: New to the site, and debating? This tournament is for those who want to get opened up to competitive debate and strengthen their skills.

-Must have fewer than 10 debates.

FORMAT

All tiers in this competition will follow the following format:

Debate title: This should have the name of the tier you are debating under, which round of the competition you are in, and the resolution. EX: "Expert"s Debate competition R1: There should be tighter gun laws in the United States."

Number of rounds: 4-5

The first round will be acceptance only. This is to ensure that the other party accepts the challenge without forfeiting and nulling the debate. Once the debate is accepted, any further forfeits should be judged according to voter"s decision. There should be at least 3 rounds of actual debate per round in the competition. An extra round of debate is optional per the debater"s decision.

Time to Argue: 72 hours

Voting period: This needs to be at least 1 week- 1 month long.

Voting comments: Required.

ADDITIONAL INFO

All debaters will be paired randomly for this competition. All debates in this competition should be serious. Debates can be about entertainment, as long as the competition isn"t supposed to be weighed on merit of humor alone, and a serious effort is put into each debate. When sign ups are closed, and the opponents are matched, you will have 1 week to determine a resolution. If a resolution cannot be decided within that time frame, I will assign you one. When challenges are sent, they should be pasted into the designated tournament thread (one will be completed for each category upon the sign ups being filled). Completed debates should also be pasted into designated threads.

Thank you in advance for any and all participation! I look forward to seeing this produce some amazing debates. I cannot wait to vote on them!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 8:40:55 AM

Description: Love to debate, but aren"t quite ready for the major leagues? This tier is designed for debaters looking to improve their skills, and wanting to get ready for the next step. Debaters who have some quality debates under their belt, and are looking to gain better experience, should sign up for this competition.

-You must have at least 5 completed, non-forfeited debates to sign up for this competition.

1. SeventhProfessor
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
TorqueDork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 8:57:54 AM

Description: New to the site, and debating? This tournament is for those who want to get opened up to competitive debate and strengthen their skills.

1. TorqueDork

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 1:11:22 PM
At 12/15/2013 8:33:58 AM, TUF

Description: This tier is designed for those who are looking for a challenge! The best of the best debaters and those who want to prove that they are the best, or can hang in there with the best, should sign up for this competition.

-Debaters with a recent history of many forfeits, will not be eligible for this competition. If a debater has had one or two in the past months, I will make an exception. However, this specific Tier is designed for the most quality debates, and we want to try and avoid forfeits at all cost. I will look into each sign up individually to make sure there aren"t a copious amount of forfeits.

-It is recommended that if you are within the top two pages of the leaderboard and interested in signing up, that you sign up for this competition rather than the lower tiers. Debaters with less experience of course are allowed to sign up, though should expect and prepare to be facing off against some of the other top notch debaters of the site.

1. Bsh1 - I think I'll challenge myself

FORMAT

Debate title: This should have the name of the tier you are debating under, which round of the competition you are in, and the resolution. EX: "Expert"s Debate competition R1: There should be tighter gun laws in the United States."

The first round will be acceptance only. This is to ensure that the other party accepts the challenge without forfeiting and nulling the debate. Once the debate is accepted, any further forfeits should be judged according to voter"s decision. There should be at least 3 rounds of actual debate per round in the competition. An extra round of debate is optional per the debater"s decision.

ADDITIONAL INFO

All debaters will be paired randomly for this competition. All debates in this competition should be serious. Debates can be about entertainment, as long as the competition isn"t supposed to be weighed on merit of humor alone, and a serious effort is put into each debate. When sign ups are closed, and the opponents are matched, you will have 1 week to determine a resolution. If a resolution cannot be decided within that time frame, I will assign you one. When challenges are sent, they should be pasted into the designated tournament thread (one will be completed for each category upon the sign ups being filled). Completed debates should also be pasted into designated threads.

Thank you in advance for any and all participation! I look forward to seeing this produce some amazing debates. I cannot wait to vote on them!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 1:19:43 PM
When will these start?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 1:23:43 PM
At 12/15/2013 8:40:55 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

1. SeventhProfessor
2. Lannan13
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 1:36:03 PM

1. Bsh1 - I think I'll challenge myself
2. Phantom
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 1:51:29 PM
At 12/15/2013 8:33:58 AM, TUF wrote:
Hello Debate.org, and welcome to Debate.org"s second official debate tournaments! I know there are a couple tournaments going on already, and this is not to intrude on either of them. This will be a three part tournament designed to create phenomenal debates in three different tiers. I will keep the sing ups spots low, because of the ongoing tournaments. I will also be advertising this tournament to other members around the site, in an attempt to bring in new faces to the tournament environment. Tournament winners will be idolized in the "Tournament winners" thread Airmax created.

I will do my best to vote on all of the debates in this competition, and advertise them in my signature and other places. I will also be contacting some of the best voters on the site, and requesting their assistance in voting on these debates as well.

FORMAT

ADDITIONAL INFO

Could I count for the intermediate one? I'd like to be in the highest one I can be, but I don't think you would count me as an expert,
MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 2:46:59 PM

2. MyDinosaurHands

FORMAT

ADDITIONAL INFO

Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:06:23 PM
At 12/15/2013 1:19:43 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
When will these start?

I guess that mostly depends on when the sign ups are filled. My goal is to get sign ups filled as quickly as possible.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:08:25 PM
At 12/15/2013 1:51:29 PM, DudeStop wrote:
Could I count for the intermediate one? I'd like to be in the highest one I can be, but I don't think you would count me as an expert,

You can join either the expert of the intermediate one. Just know that the expert one is going to be slightly more challenging than the intermediate. If you love a challenge, then maybe that is the one for you!
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:10:30 PM
Sign me up for Tier 1.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:13:59 PM
At 12/15/2013 3:08:25 PM, TUF wrote:
At 12/15/2013 1:51:29 PM, DudeStop wrote:

You can join either the expert of the intermediate one. Just know that the expert one is going to be slightly more challenging than the intermediate. If you love a challenge, then maybe that is the one for you!

Oh, alright than expert please!

Thank you,
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:15:45 PM
Oh, lets be crazy and sign up for T1. Just no religion or abortion... pretty please.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:19:47 PM
Tier 1: Experts

1. Bsh1
2. Phantom
3. Nouema
4. DudeStop
5. Ore_Ele

Tier 2: Intermediate

1. SeventhProfessor
2. lannan13

Tier 3: Novice

1. TorqueDork
2. MyDinosarHands
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:43:24 PM
At 12/15/2013 8:33:58 AM, TUF wrote:

FORMAT

ADDITIONAL INFO

Based on my skill, where should I sign up?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:50:13 PM
At 12/15/2013 3:19:47 PM, TUF wrote:

1. Bsh1
2. Phantom
3. Nouema
4. DudeStop
5. Ore_Ele
6. Imabench

1. SeventhProfessor
2. lannan13

1. TorqueDork
2. MyDinosarHands
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:52:28 PM
At 12/15/2013 3:50:32 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
What are the topics for the tier 1 debate tournament?

You should really be T3, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:54:57 PM

I think you and your opponent choose your own.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:55:51 PM
At 12/15/2013 3:50:13 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/15/2013 3:19:47 PM, TUF wrote:

1. Bsh1
2. Phantom
3. Nouema
4. DudeStop
5. Ore_Ele
6. Imabench
7. Donald.Keller

1. SeventhProfessor
2. lannan13

1. TorqueDork
2. MyDinosarHands
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 5:02:19 PM
At 12/15/2013 3:43:24 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Based on my experience, which tier should I sign up for?

You qualify for both the intermediate tier and the expert tier. Are you looking to challenge yourself against the best of the best, or would you prefer a tournament with slightly milder competition to improve your skills and establish a good debating base?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 5:03:50 PM

Topics can be anything decided among the debaters though it is asked that the debate doesn't have a trolling nature to it and is serious.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 5:48:44 PM

1. Bsh1
2. Phantom
3. Nouema
4. DudeStop
5. Ore_Ele
6. Imabench
7. Donald.Keller

1. SeventhProfessor
2. lannan13
3. Orogami

1. TorqueDork
2. MyDinosarHands
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 5:55:15 PM
When you talk about forfeits, are you including if the opponent forfeited, or just if you forfeited?
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 5:58:34 PM
At 12/15/2013 5:48:44 PM, TUF wrote:

1. Bsh1
2. Phantom
3. Nouema
4. DudeStop
5. Ore_Ele
6. Imabench
7. Donald.Keller
8. Yraelz

1. SeventhProfessor
2. lannan13
3. Orogami

1. TorqueDork
2. MyDinosarHands
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics