Jump to topic:

I am taking a break from DDO.

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 7:53:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's occurred to me that I'm wasting too much time on DDO I need to be spending over history books (fortunately, I'm no longer addicted to Civ IV either). I'll be back sooner or later, maybe in a month, maybe in several.

I have some unfinished business I need to fix up now, then I'll be off.

Any advice? Recommended ways to spend my free time? I don't want to lapse into another destructive habit in the meanwhile. I need to finish up my Hebrew within four to six months.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 1:02:17 PM
At 12/20/2013 7:53:44 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
It's occurred to me that I'm wasting too much time on DDO I need to be spending over history books (fortunately, I'm no longer addicted to Civ IV either). I'll be back sooner or later, maybe in a month, maybe in several.

Any advice? Recommended ways to spend my free time? I don't want to lapse into another destructive habit in the meanwhile. I need to finish up my Hebrew within four to six months.

I would suggest that you eat properly, get regular exercise and spend at least two hours per day reading something dense and challenging. I would further suggest that you enroll in some form of structured educational instruction, that you prepare to take the SAT if you haven't already. I would encourage you to set a list of goals that you want to achieve in the next 24 hours, the next week, the next month and for the coming year and take positive steps towards achieving them -update that list as necessary.
Tsar of DDO
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 1:26:41 PM
At 12/20/2013 1:02:17 PM, YYW wrote:

I would suggest that you eat properly,

Rather vague.

get regular exercise and spend at least two hours per day reading something dense and challenging.

Believe me, two hours is nothing. I am going to try and set the pace to three books a week.

I would further suggest that you enroll in some form of structured educational instruction, that you prepare to take the SAT if you haven't already. I would encourage you to set a list of goals that you want to achieve in the next 24 hours, the next week, the next month and for the coming year and take positive steps towards achieving them -update that list as necessary.

I'm going to the IDF, dude. Draft, remember?
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 12:44:32 PM
All right. This thread has generated substantially less interest than I had anticipated. YYW is the only one who will notice I'm gone, and that's beautiful. Or sad. I can't tell which.

I'm out, biatches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 12:47:41 PM
At 12/21/2013 12:44:32 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
All right. This thread has generated substantially less interest than I had anticipated. YYW is the only one who will notice I'm gone, and that's beautiful. Or sad. I can't tell which.

I'm out, biatches.

People will notice that you're gone, but saying you're taking a break from DDO isn't the same as saying you're leaving forever.

Besides, if you wanted to leave forever, just do what Drafterman did. He didn't close his account. He didn't make a thread. He was just gone.
Tsar of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 12:50:41 PM
At 12/21/2013 12:47:41 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm out, biatches.

People will notice that you're gone, but saying you're taking a break from DDO isn't the same as saying you're leaving forever.

Besides, if you wanted to leave forever, just do what Drafterman did. He didn't close his account. He didn't make a thread. He was just gone.

Because most people recognize cries for attention.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 12:55:55 PM
That was a most feeble grasp of attention that failed to take hold of the rocky surface that is DDO.
Turn around, go back.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 12:58:30 PM
He'll be back in a week.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:01:10 PM
At 12/21/2013 12:47:41 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm out, biatches.

Drafterman is gone? Wtf?
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:02:06 PM
Week? It wasn't even 5 minutes.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:03:17 PM
At 12/21/2013 1:02:06 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

I've changed my mind. Now I'm committing suicide.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:09:22 PM
At 12/21/2013 1:03:17 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

No way this won't be taken seriously on the internet.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:10:23 PM
At 12/21/2013 1:09:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 12/21/2013 1:03:17 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

No way this won't be taken seriously on the internet.

Now let me link this back to one of my threads (I have no shame).

http://modernityleave.files.wordpress.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:27:46 PM
Only an INTJ would make light humor of suicide threats. Perhaps also it takes another INTJ to find those jokes funny... lol but a true INTJ would laugh especially when the threat comes from an ESFP...
Tsar of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:36:15 PM
At 12/21/2013 1:27:46 PM, YYW wrote:
Only an INTJ would make light humor of suicide threats. Perhaps also it takes another INTJ to find those jokes funny... lol but a true INTJ would laugh especially when the threat comes from an ESFP...

Any strong T type can make fun of suicide, but when there are so many indicators that it is not a legit threat but just an attention grabber, then just about anyone will chuckle a bit.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:39:12 PM
At 12/21/2013 1:36:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Any strong T type can make fun of suicide,

Cold hearted bastards... the whole lot of them... lol

but when there are so many indicators that it is not a legit threat but just an attention grabber, then just about anyone will chuckle a bit.

Of course.
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:44:03 PM
At 12/21/2013 1:39:12 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/21/2013 1:36:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Any strong T type can make fun of suicide,

Cold hearted bastards... the whole lot of them... lol

but when there are so many indicators that it is not a legit threat but just an attention grabber, then just about anyone will chuckle a bit.

Of course.

Feelings are for peasants.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 2:10:11 PM
Look how popular this is now. Oh, irony, you cruel mistress. Etc.

The show's done for tonight, folks!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 3:15:24 PM

Reevaluate your character. Finish high school (if you did in fact drop out).
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault