Jump to topic:

Semi-Important Poll

larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 3:56:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey! I'm trying to determine my priorities for 2014 with regards to online debating, so it'd be REALLY helpful if you just spent one minute answering this one short & simple question:

http://flisti.com...

Explanatory notes:
DDO - acronym for "debate dot org", ie this website
EDEB8 - my own debating website, at www.edeb8.com
DDO Dashboard - a controversial tool I made that would have added features to voting on DDO
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 10:55:28 PM
Huge thanks to the 11 people who took the time to send me their honest thoughts so far. Opinions have been sharply divided between two options so far, so I'd love to canvas a few more opinions from you all!
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 11:05:56 PM
At 12/23/2013 10:55:28 PM, larztheloser wrote:
Huge thanks to the 11 people who took the time to send me their honest thoughts so far. Opinions have been sharply divided between two options so far, so I'd love to canvas a few more opinions from you all!

I'm unclear about what the second option is stating. Are you saying that you would come back to DDO and maybe take the dev job for juggle?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 11:08:14 PM
At 12/23/2013 11:05:56 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
I'm unclear about what the second option is stating. Are you saying that you would come back to DDO and maybe take the dev job for juggle?

To clarify: no, I wouldn't take the dev job for Juggle because Juggle hasn't offered me a job, and as it currently stands, probably won't. I couldn't change anything significant about DDO but I could work on external tools, such as DDO Dashboard, which might help improve the DDO user experience in some small way.
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 5:35:27 PM
POLL IS NOW OVER.

It's a tie between "Keep developing EDEB8" and "Come back to doing more stuff on DDO". Follow up post soon. Thanks for all your input, I take it seriously. :)
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2014 11:18:26 PM
At 12/24/2013 5:35:27 PM, larztheloser wrote:
POLL IS NOW OVER.

Whoops, I was really late unless I already voted. Idk if I did.
I'm so fancy, you already know.