Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Please read and vote.

toamatt26
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 5:01:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This guy bribed people and vote bombed. I clearly won this debate because of his offensive language and harassment. Please vote on who you think REALLY won the debate. Thank you very much.

http://www.debate.org...
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 5:22:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 5:01:31 PM, toamatt26 wrote:
This guy bribed people and vote bombed. I clearly won this debate because of his offensive language and harassment. Please vote on who you think REALLY won the debate. Thank you very much.

http://www.debate.org...

Report the votes. Countering vote bombs is now discouraged.

MassiveDump voted against you though, so I'm thinking at least one party here was trolling.
0x5f3759df
toamatt26
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 5:24:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 5:22:35 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:01:31 PM, toamatt26 wrote:
This guy bribed people and vote bombed. I clearly won this debate because of his offensive language and harassment. Please vote on who you think REALLY won the debate. Thank you very much.

http://www.debate.org...

Report the votes. Countering vote bombs is now discouraged.

MassiveDump voted against you though, so I'm thinking at least one party here was trolling.

Just did. Thanks anyway. I also reported my opponent's offensive arguments if that would change anything.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:09:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 5:01:31 PM, toamatt26 wrote:
This guy bribed people and vote bombed. I clearly won this debate because of his offensive language and harassment. Please vote on who you think REALLY won the debate. Thank you very much.

http://www.debate.org...

You started insulting him so you have no say on conduct.

" I am sorry for my opponent's ignorance and hope he puts a serious argument next round in this useless debate."

" I believe my opponent has a form of laughing disorder, and should be scheduled to psychiatric evaluation."

Moreover, your opponent barely knows any users. "Bribed them to vote" is just a silly accusation on your behalf.
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:18:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:09:06 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:01:31 PM, toamatt26 wrote:
This guy bribed people and vote bombed. I clearly won this debate because of his offensive language and harassment. Please vote on who you think REALLY won the debate. Thank you very much.

http://www.debate.org...

You started insulting him so you have no say on conduct.

" I am sorry for my opponent's ignorance and hope he puts a serious argument next round in this useless debate."

" I believe my opponent has a form of laughing disorder, and should be scheduled to psychiatric evaluation."

Moreover, your opponent barely knows any users. "Bribed them to vote" is just a silly accusation on your behalf.

actually, no he telling the truth. Because I was bribed to vote for pro myself
Ashton
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:21:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:18:28 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:09:06 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:01:31 PM, toamatt26 wrote:
This guy bribed people and vote bombed. I clearly won this debate because of his offensive language and harassment. Please vote on who you think REALLY won the debate. Thank you very much.

http://www.debate.org...

You started insulting him so you have no say on conduct.

" I am sorry for my opponent's ignorance and hope he puts a serious argument next round in this useless debate."

" I believe my opponent has a form of laughing disorder, and should be scheduled to psychiatric evaluation."

Moreover, your opponent barely knows any users. "Bribed them to vote" is just a silly accusation on your behalf.

actually, no he telling the truth. Because I was bribed to vote for pro myself

Being asked to vote is not equivalent to being bribed. With the low numbers of voters, I don't blame Pro for asking people to vote. Not to mention that according to your definition of "bribing", this forum thread itself is Con "bribing" DDO itself.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:22:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:18:28 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:09:06 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 12/30/2013 5:01:31 PM, toamatt26 wrote:
This guy bribed people and vote bombed. I clearly won this debate because of his offensive language and harassment. Please vote on who you think REALLY won the debate. Thank you very much.

http://www.debate.org...

You started insulting him so you have no say on conduct.

" I am sorry for my opponent's ignorance and hope he puts a serious argument next round in this useless debate."

" I believe my opponent has a form of laughing disorder, and should be scheduled to psychiatric evaluation."

Moreover, your opponent barely knows any users. "Bribed them to vote" is just a silly accusation on your behalf.

actually, no he telling the truth. Because I was bribed to vote for pro myself

Anyhow, I'm not sure what Pro told you. But let us say he bribed you, I did what Con told me... I voted on who I thought really won the debate.
Tophatdoc
Posts: 534
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:27:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 5:01:31 PM, toamatt26 wrote:
This guy bribed people and vote bombed. I clearly won this debate because of his offensive language and harassment. Please vote on who you think REALLY won the debate. Thank you very much.

http://www.debate.org...

This had to be one of the worse debates I have seen on this website and actually voted on. I had to flog myself to finish reading it.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:33:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:21:09 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:18:28 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
actually, no he telling the truth. Because I was bribed to vote for pro myself

Being asked to vote is not equivalent to being bribed. With the low numbers of voters, I don't blame Pro for asking people to vote. Not to mention that according to your definition of "bribing", this forum thread itself is Con "bribing" DDO itself.

Actually, when someone tells you to vote for a specific side, and in return, says they will vote for you in all your debates is bribing. That's exactly what the guy told me.
Ashton
Tophatdoc
Posts: 534
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:49:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:33:32 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Actually, when someone tells you to vote for a specific side, and in return, says they will vote for you in all your debates is bribing. That's exactly what the guy told me.

I read the comment section of that debate. The person your referring to may not even exist. It may be a dummy account for this debate that someone is using. Or someone intending to "votebomb." It was created two days ago and the only debate they had was removed.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:49:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:33:32 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:21:09 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:18:28 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
actually, no he telling the truth. Because I was bribed to vote for pro myself

Being asked to vote is not equivalent to being bribed. With the low numbers of voters, I don't blame Pro for asking people to vote. Not to mention that according to your definition of "bribing", this forum thread itself is Con "bribing" DDO itself.

Actually, when someone tells you to vote for a specific side, and in return, says they will vote for you in all your debates is bribing. That's exactly what the guy told me.

In the comments, you say it wasn't Pro but another person, so I don't see how Pro himself did the bribery unless you can prove that the other person is also Pro, of course.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:55:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Whatever the case, there was at least one vote bomber:

PeriodicPatriot

Her RFD consists of two words, "See comments", yet she did not make a single comment on the debate a full day after she voted. From the behavior that I've seen from her, she is especially susceptible to "bribery" from Pro. I have reported the vote.
0x5f3759df
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:57:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:49:36 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
In the comments, you say it wasn't Pro but another person, so I don't see how Pro himself did the bribery unless you can prove that the other person is also Pro, of course.

Oops. I didn't mean pro did the bribery. Someone was bribing me to vote for pro.
Ashton
2-D
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 7:54:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:57:29 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:49:36 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
In the comments, you say it wasn't Pro but another person, so I don't see how Pro himself did the bribery unless you can prove that the other person is also Pro, of course.

Oops. I didn't mean pro did the bribery. Someone was bribing me to vote for pro.

I haven't yet asked for votes by PM on a debate but it is completely consistent with the site to ask for unbiased votes from others. Asking for a vote for yourself and guaranteeing a vote, in kind, is not ethical.
PeriodicPatriot
Posts: 140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 6:55:17 PM, Bullish wrote:
Whatever the case, there was at least one vote bomber:

PeriodicPatriot

Her RFD consists of two words, "See comments", yet she did not make a single comment on the debate a full day after she voted. From the behavior that I've seen from her, she is especially susceptible to "bribery" from Pro. I have reported the vote.

I was going to, but I didn't have time. Why did you report my vote? I was bribed by this message. And I think some of you got it too. This is what it said:
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted by"sureshmynickname"1 day ago

Pls vote for my friend shailesh09021984 as Pro in the debate"http://www.debate.org... in return I will vote for ur debates.

If u don't wana vote for him then atleast pls don't vote against him.

Thanks, pls confirm whether u voted or not.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
You seriously need to know what vote bombing is because vote bombing is voting without a reason, but I will post a reason now..
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 8:50:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote'
And I think some of you got it too. This is what it said:
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted by"sureshmynickname"1 day ago

Pls vote for my friend shailesh09021984 as Pro in the debate"http://www.debate.org... in return I will vote for ur debates.
If u don't wana vote for him then atleast pls don't vote against him.
Thanks, pls confirm whether u voted or not.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
You seriously need to know what vote bombing is because vote bombing is voting without a reason, but I will post a reason now..

Yep. That's the exact same one I got. And when I voted against his friend he got mad saying I was "stupid" and "friended him to make him mad" which wasn't at all true
Ashton
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 8:58:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
I was going to, but I didn't have time.

If you didn't have time to give an RFD you also didn't have time to vote. These are not aspects of voting independent of one another.

Please provide your RFD (which you have been very good about) or the vote will be removed.

...

I am currently investigating the issue brought up in this thread (and brought to my attention more broadly via PM) of "vote bribing", essentially offering prid pro quo for votes. It definitely is against the rules, and if anyone is specifically offering something for votes, or is threatening those who vote against them, appropriate actions will be taken.
Debate.org Moderator
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:02:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 8:58:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
I was going to, but I didn't have time.

If you didn't have time to give an RFD you also didn't have time to vote. These are not aspects of voting independent of one another.

Please provide your RFD (which you have been very good about) or the vote will be removed.

...

I am currently investigating the issue brought up in this thread (and brought to my attention more broadly via PM) of "vote bribing", essentially offering prid pro quo for votes. It definitely is against the rules, and if anyone is specifically offering something for votes, or is threatening those who vote against them, appropriate actions will be taken.

http://4playernetwork.com...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:06:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 9:02:54 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/30/2013 8:58:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
I was going to, but I didn't have time.

If you didn't have time to give an RFD you also didn't have time to vote. These are not aspects of voting independent of one another.

Please provide your RFD (which you have been very good about) or the vote will be removed.

...

I am currently investigating the issue brought up in this thread (and brought to my attention more broadly via PM) of "vote bribing", essentially offering prid pro quo for votes. It definitely is against the rules, and if anyone is specifically offering something for votes, or is threatening those who vote against them, appropriate actions will be taken.

http://4playernetwork.com...

haha maybe I'll make that my profile AV :P
Debate.org Moderator
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:22:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:55:17 PM, Bullish wrote:
Whatever the case, there was at least one vote bomber:

PeriodicPatriot

Her RFD consists of two words, "See comments", yet she did not make a single comment on the debate a full day after she voted. From the behavior that I've seen from her, she is especially susceptible to "bribery" from Pro. I have reported the vote.

I was going to, but I didn't have time. Why did you report my vote?

This vote bombs on this specific debate was in my interest at the time. Your's was the only one lacking an RFD. I see now that you have fixed it, and I apologize.

You seriously need to know what vote bombing is because vote bombing is voting without a reason, but I will post a reason now..

I do and you just defined what you had previously done.
0x5f3759df
PeriodicPatriot
Posts: 140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:34:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sirs, it is to bring to my honor that although vote bombing and bribery were used in the debate, I have something to add to my case:

After I logged in, there was a notification that I had friendship requests. I opened it up and it said that Pro (in this case, shailesh09021984) wanted to be my friend. With the friend request, I got a message:
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Thnx for adding me as a friend. Plz vote for my debate but if you think that I am not worth voting then plz mention why. Here is my debate.

Posted by:

shailesh09021984

"

Thnx for adding me as a friend. Plz vote for my debate but if you think that I am not worth voting then plz mention why. Here is my debate."http://www.debate.org......

In return I will vote for urs.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

As shown in this message, it clearly shows that he was bribing me more than me vote bombing. If you do not believe everything I just said, here is proof:

http://www.debate.org...

And now I posted my RFD in the comments:

http://www.debate.org...

So yeah, I am NOT vote bombing. Bye, and I am not wasting your time.
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
PeriodicPatriot
Posts: 140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:36:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 9:22:55 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:55:17 PM, Bullish wrote:
Whatever the case, there was at least one vote bomber:

PeriodicPatriot

Her RFD consists of two words, "See comments", yet she did not make a single comment on the debate a full day after she voted. From the behavior that I've seen from her, she is especially susceptible to "bribery" from Pro. I have reported the vote.

I was going to, but I didn't have time. Why did you report my vote?

This vote bombs on this specific debate was in my interest at the time. Your's was the only one lacking an RFD. I see now that you have fixed it, and I apologize.

You seriously need to know what vote bombing is because vote bombing is voting without a reason, but I will post a reason now..

I do and you just defined what you had previously done.

And you just made a mistake for what I've done.
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
PeriodicPatriot
Posts: 140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:49:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 8:50:42 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote'
And I think some of you got it too. This is what it said:
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted by"sureshmynickname"1 day ago

Pls vote for my friend shailesh09021984 as Pro in the debate"http://www.debate.org... in return I will vote for ur debates.
If u don't wana vote for him then atleast pls don't vote against him.
Thanks, pls confirm whether u voted or not.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
You seriously need to know what vote bombing is because vote bombing is voting without a reason, but I will post a reason now..

Yep. That's the exact same one I got. And when I voted against his friend he got mad saying I was "stupid" and "friended him to make him mad" which wasn't at all true

Then I recommend that you report on that comment and report the user.
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
PeriodicPatriot
Posts: 140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 10:55:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 9:22:55 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
At 12/30/2013 6:55:17 PM, Bullish wrote:
Whatever the case, there was at least one vote bomber:

PeriodicPatriot

Her RFD consists of two words, "See comments", yet she did not make a single comment on the debate a full day after she voted. From the behavior that I've seen from her, she is especially susceptible to "bribery" from Pro. I have reported the vote.

Others were doing that too. Although, may I ask a question? Why is it that you're addressing me and not the others. Sorry pal, but if can't find evidence that I vote bomb in general, you could be considered as a blamer.

I was going to, but I didn't have time. Why did you report my vote?

To answer everyone's question, I DID have time to cast my vote.

This vote bombs on this specific debate was in my interest at the time. Your's was the only one lacking an RFD. I see now that you have fixed it, and I apologize.

Sorry mate, but people still do this today, therefore is is not vote bombing.

You seriously need to know what vote bombing is because vote bombing is voting without a reason, but I will post a reason now..

I do and you just defined what you had previously done.

Mate, read my quote. That is what will happen to you. JK!
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
PeriodicPatriot
Posts: 140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 5:39:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted by"sureshmynickname"1 day ago

Pls vote for my friend shailesh09021984 as Pro in the debate"http://www.debate.org... in return I will vote for ur debates.

If u don't wana vote for him then atleast pls don't vote against him.

Thanks, pls confirm whether u voted or not.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

From looking at the person's profile there were at least two people who got the message:

GodChoosesLife
birdlandmemories

If there's anything to report to the user or the message, please send a PM ASAP!
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 1:29:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I put a lot of effort into this debate but there's only 5 hours left and it has no votes at all!

http://www.debate.org...

Please vote, even if you choose to just skim through it (it's kind of long) and even if you vote for my opponent. I just don't want to have ANOTHER debate end up without votes =(

Whoever votes on this debate, I'll vote on one of your debates in return! Of course, I can't guarantee that I'll vote for your position.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 10:32:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
After reviewing the thread NO
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
TheLastMan
Posts: 140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 4:25:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 8:58:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/30/2013 8:43:55 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
I was going to, but I didn't have time.

If you didn't have time to give an RFD you also didn't have time to vote. These are not aspects of voting independent of one another.

Please provide your RFD (which you have been very good about) or the vote will be removed.

...

I am currently investigating the issue brought up in this thread (and brought to my attention more broadly via PM) of "vote bribing", essentially offering prid pro quo for votes. It definitely is against the rules, and if anyone is specifically offering something for votes, or is threatening those who vote against them, appropriate actions will be taken.

Pro is insulting everyone in the comment because he is losing.