Caploxion

MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 5:39:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Fun little shpiel we had over forfeiting when you think you've lost.

Admittedly, I was probably wrong, but is that level of rage really necessary?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 5:54:09 PM
It reminds me of a horror story in my dreams...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 5:58:16 PM
Seriously, he's angry about that? Voting standards on DDO are so disparate that flipping out because someone has different views on judging (or the honour, or lack thereof, of concession) is a time-wasting and thoroughly pointless exercise.
I'm back (ish).
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 6:08:11 PM
Conceding isn't bad sportsmanship. But, yes, unnecessary rage. Why do you even care about how people vote if you have willingly given your opponent the win?
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 6:59:53 PM
At 1/2/2014 6:08:11 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
Conceding isn't bad sportsmanship. But, yes, unnecessary rage. Why do you even care about how people vote if you have willingly given your opponent the win?

And I never called it bad sportsmanship. I'll agree that a concession is better conduct than an FF. I just think that once you're in a debate, you might as well do what you can to earn what you can. What bothers me is when people receive a conduct point for conceding. It doesn't require any extra politeness to say, "Oops, I cornered myself, bye."
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:40:21 PM
At 1/2/2014 6:59:53 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

And I never called it bad sportsmanship. I'll agree that a concession is better conduct than an FF. I just think that once you're in a debate, you might as well do what you can to earn what you can. What bothers me is when people receive a conduct point for conceding. It doesn't require any extra politeness to say, "Oops, I cornered myself, bye."

You really are an insufferable, spineless weasel. You absolutely DID say that it was bad sportsmanship, you filthy liar : (from the debate's voting section) "Conceding is bad sportsmanship and should never be done." Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't go and change it before posting here, considering how low you like to stoop.

Also, I can't believe that you're trying to play the pseudo-victim card by saying that I reacted a bit angrily, after you went out of your way to slander my actions with what you've admitted to be rubbish (or, in your words: "fun"). Did you honestly think that I would passively let you call me out like that, and not say a thing in response?

Besides, this had nothing to do with 'conceding and getting conduct points' or any nonsense that you're trying to misconstrue here. I conceded because I saw that I had lost and you KNOW that was the reason I conceded.

You should be suspended for stirring unnecessary trouble, and sent to a remedial centre because you are a morally reprehensible, pathetic person (or as you like to put it, a 'Christian'). I encourage anyone else reading this to block this 'Christian' and report his actions should he continue like this.
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:48:42 PM
At 1/2/2014 11:40:21 PM, Caploxion wrote:

You really are an insufferable, spineless weasel. You absolutely DID say that it was bad sportsmanship, you filthy liar : (from the debate's voting section) "Conceding is bad sportsmanship and should never be done." Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't go and change it before posting here, considering how low you like to stoop.

Also, I can't believe that you're trying to play the pseudo-victim card by saying that I reacted a bit angrily, after you went out of your way to slander my actions with what you've admitted to be rubbish (or, in your words: "fun"). Did you honestly think that I would passively let you call me out like that, and not say a thing in response?

Besides, this had nothing to do with 'conceding and getting conduct points' or any nonsense that you're trying to misconstrue here. I conceded because I saw that I had lost and you KNOW that was the reason I conceded.

You should be suspended for stirring unnecessary trouble, and sent to a remedial centre because you are a morally reprehensible, pathetic person (or as you like to put it, a 'Christian'). I encourage anyone else reading this to block this 'Christian' and report his actions should he continue like this.

Gee you aren't very charismatic are you?
Nolite Timere
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:58:51 PM
At 1/2/2014 11:48:42 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Are you serious? What has this got to do with being slandered? Do you look at victims of domestic abuse and say, 'gee, you aren't very charismatic, are you?'
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:00:03 AM

Oh. I did say that. Heueueueueueue.

Also, I can't believe that you're trying to play the pseudo-victim card by saying that I reacted a bit angrily,

Understatement of the millennium,

...after you went out of your way to slander my actions with what you've admitted to be rubbish (or, in your words: "fun"). Did you honestly think that I would passively let you call me out like that, and not say a thing in response?

No.

And it was silly.

I can't tell if you're trying to bash Christianity or my personal faith as a Christian. Either way, it really has nothing to do with the situation, so I'd say you're one of those super-dogmatic atheists. But, like I said, that doesn't matter. Have some KFC.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:00:19 AM
At 1/2/2014 11:58:51 PM, Caploxion wrote:

Are you serious? What has this got to do with being slandered? Do you look at victims of domestic abuse and say, 'gee, you aren't very charismatic, are you?'

Are you really comparing an internet argument to domestic abuse?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:04:19 AM
At 1/2/2014 11:58:51 PM, Caploxion wrote:

Ah so you're comparing yourself to a victim of domestic abuse?
Nolite Timere
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:10:51 AM
I can see what you're all trying to do. You're just trying to get me really mad by posting stupid, nonsensical comments. Well sorry, but I'm smarter than that. I've already blocked the Christian, and I'll block anyone else who continues to attack me like this (and I will report you too because this kind of behaviour isn't acceptable).

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:17:29 AM
At 1/3/2014 12:10:51 AM, Caploxion wrote:
I can see what you're all trying to do. You're just trying to get me really mad by posting stupid, nonsensical comments. Well sorry, but I'm smarter than that. I've already blocked the Christian, and I'll block anyone else who continues to attack me like this (and I will report you too because this kind of behaviour isn't acceptable).

Why do you improperly and innapropriately refer to MassiveDump as the Christian?

He's called the Ginger around these parts. Please show respect to your superiors.
Nolite Timere
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:17:45 AM
Cap honestly? You're blowing this massively out of proportion.

Massive's probably trolling a bit. I'll buy that. But his trolling wasn't harmful, and people are allowed to have other beliefs. Getting this riled up about it, at least to me, seems like a bit of an overreaction, especially considering that even if I buy that Massive is trolling, that his trolling wasn't super harmful. For you to go as far as to attack his faith and compare yourself to someone who's a victim of domestic abuse is a wee bit extreme.

Massive was in the wrong for pushing you when you were clearly not willing to be pushed. But the reaction you're giving to it isn't justified either.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 1:51:27 AM
At 1/3/2014 12:17:45 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Massive's probably trolling a bit. I'll buy that. But his trolling wasn't harmful, and people are allowed to have other beliefs. Getting this riled up about it, at least to me, seems like a bit of an overreaction, especially considering that even if I buy that Massive is trolling, that his trolling wasn't super harmful. For you to go as far as to attack his faith and compare yourself to someone who's a victim of domestic abuse is a wee bit extreme.

Massive was in the wrong for pushing you when you were clearly not willing to be pushed. But the reaction you're giving to it isn't justified either.

Fine, I over-reacted. But it really hurt me when Massive spat in my face with that nasty comment. I mean only the best for my opposition when I concede debates; I NEVER do it to score a cheap point or whatnot.

And then, as you suggested, he was probably just trolling. What possible good can come from provoking people like that? Do you think it's right that people go out of their way to try and make people angry? This kind of antisocial behaviour shouldn't be tolerated.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 2:15:38 AM
At 1/3/2014 1:51:27 AM, Caploxion wrote:

Fine, I over-reacted. But it really hurt me when Massive spat in my face with that nasty comment. I mean only the best for my opposition when I concede debates; I NEVER do it to score a cheap point or whatnot.

I know you mean well, but you may want to reconsider your actions. I know at least from personal experience if I put effort into a debate just for the other side to forfeit, it makes me feel like I just wasted my time for nothing. Which is not a good feeling.

And then, as you suggested, he was probably just trolling. What possible good can come from provoking people like that? Do you think it's right that people go out of their way to try and make people angry? This kind of antisocial behaviour shouldn't be tolerated.

Nothing aside from humor for the person trolling. But you know a good way to get people to stop trolling you? Not overreact like you did. The reaction and the anger is what fuels them. Without that, they eventually just get bored and move on. The calls for punishment are only icing on the cake for actual trolls.

Besides, MassiveDump's "trolling" was hardly that offensive in the grand scheme of things. I honestly think it's a stretch to call it trolling when the offense was garnered from a difference in opinion and a slightly ill-mannered forum topic made for it. Reporting it wouldn't even get punished. Maybe he'd get a "Now why'd you tick her off for?" talk, but aside from that nothing actually would come of it.

Long story short, it's not worth making a big fuss over.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 2:24:14 AM

Sportsmanship was probably the wrong word for MD to use as unsportsmanlike conduct carries with it implications on your personal honor/integrity. I think MD was instead reacting not specifically to your case but to debates in general where an opponent concedes instead of going on to the finish. I think a case can be made either way for concession being good/bad in a lost debate but MD likely doesn't agree and there's nothing wrong with that. Try not to be hurt by comments like that in the future--it was probably wrong for massive to include that quip in his vote but your reaction was, I think we can all agree, was overboard.

Massivedump and I don't really interact much but he seems a bright and entertaining fellow so hopefully you guys can put it behind you as it's dumb for either of you to make value judgements over such an incident

I'll also add my voice to the opinions saying I don't understand why you conceded, but it's your debate not mine.

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 3:06:57 AM
At 1/3/2014 2:15:38 AM, Zaradi wrote:

I know you mean well, but you may want to reconsider your actions. I know at least from personal experience if I put effort into a debate just for the other side to forfeit, it makes me feel like I just wasted my time for nothing. Which is not a good feeling.

I didn't simply forfeit. I gave counter-points to the other points my opponent made; it's just that I highlighted the one point my opponent made that I thought had won the debate, and I accepted that I had lost.

Nothing aside from humor for the person trolling. But you know a good way to get people to stop trolling you? Not overreact like you did. The reaction and the anger is what fuels them. Without that, they eventually just get bored and move on. The calls for punishment are only icing on the cake for actual trolls.

A good way to get people to stop trolling me? How about they take more responsibility for their reckless actions? He had no right to throw around a slanderous, cheap-shot like that -- he doesn't even know me.

Besides, MassiveDump's "trolling" was hardly that offensive in the grand scheme of things. I honestly think it's a stretch to call it trolling when the offense was garnered from a difference in opinion and a slightly ill-mannered forum topic made for it. Reporting it wouldn't even get punished. Maybe he'd get a "Now why'd you tick her off for?" talk, but aside from that nothing actually would come of it.

He HEAVILY implied that I was being unsportsmanlike in my conduct. I'm sorry, but I don't take too lightly to such a weighted accusation. It's such a disgrace that not only he can spew out such a ridiculous comment, but that he can get away with it too.

Yeah, it's easy to say that when you're so detached from the situation. I guarantee that if such a comment were made against you that you wouldn't be so relaxed (unless you didn't respect yourself).

Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 3:14:51 AM
At 1/3/2014 2:24:14 AM, thett3 wrote:

Sportsmanship was probably the wrong word for MD to use as unsportsmanlike conduct carries with it implications on your personal honor/integrity. I think MD was instead reacting not specifically to your case but to debates in general where an opponent concedes instead of going on to the finish.

This is nonsense. He knew full well that he was in the wrong throwing a term like that around, he even admits it at the start of this thread. What kind of person knowingly does something wrong?

I think a case can be made either way for concession being good/bad in a lost debate but MD likely doesn't agree and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't care what he agrees with, he has no right to slur me in such a malicious way.

Try not to be hurt by comments like that in the future--it was probably wrong for massive to include that quip in his vote but your reaction was, I think we can all agree, was overboard.

Yes, I know that I over-reacted; we don't have to keep going back to that. But none of this would have happened if he didn't make that unnecessary comment.

Massivedump and I don't really interact much but he seems a bright and entertaining fellow so hopefully you guys can put it behind you as it's dumb for either of you to make value judgements over such an incident

No, oh no, I'm not spineless like him, I don't just forgive for the sake of getting along. Unless he sincerely apologises to me, I will not return the favour, nor will I forget what he wrote.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 3:18:47 AM
At 1/3/2014 3:06:57 AM, Caploxion wrote:

I didn't simply forfeit. I gave counter-points to the other points my opponent made; it's just that I highlighted the one point my opponent made that I thought had won the debate, and I accepted that I had lost.

So you forfeited. Regardless of how hard you still try to refute the points, the moment you forfeit the debate loses all value and it becomes a waste of time.

A good way to get people to stop trolling me? How about they take more responsibility for their reckless actions? He had no right to throw around a slanderous, cheap-shot like that -- he doesn't even know me.

That's like asking the convicted serial killer to please stop stabbing people with sharp objects. It's a nice thought, but you're not going to get anywhere with it.

He HEAVILY implied that I was being unsportsmanlike in my conduct. I'm sorry, but I don't take too lightly to such a weighted accusation. It's such a disgrace that not only he can spew out such a ridiculous comment, but that he can get away with it too.

I hate to break it to you, but you're the only one who takes it that way. If something as small as that gets you this pissed off, then maybe DDO isn't the right place for you.

Yeah, it's easy to say that when you're so detached from the situation. I guarantee that if such a comment were made against you that you wouldn't be so relaxed (unless you didn't respect yourself).

1) I don't respect myself. I suck a** at pretty much everything and I'm a waste of human life. Tadah!
2) Even if I did respect myself, I still wouldn't get offended. A necessity for being on the internet is having a thick skin. Being able to take criticism and/or insults and brush it off as nothing personal, as is the case here, is vital to not, well, having this happen every five seconds.
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 3:30:01 AM
At 1/3/2014 3:18:47 AM, Zaradi wrote:

So you forfeited. Regardless of how hard you still try to refute the points, the moment you forfeit the debate loses all value and it becomes a waste of time.

You want to know what is more of a waste of time? Arguing when it is clear who has won, trying to scrape a win through an intellectually dishonest straw-man or flat-out ignoring the criticism, yet continuing anyway.

That's like asking the convicted serial killer to please stop stabbing people with sharp objects. It's a nice thought, but you're not going to get anywhere with it.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to have some rules in place to stop this.

I hate to break it to you, but you're the only one who takes it that way. If something as small as that gets you this pissed off, then maybe DDO isn't the right place for you.

Small? Please, his comment slandered my integrity; that's pretty big.

1) I don't respect myself. I suck a** at pretty much everything and I'm a waste of human life. Tadah!
2) Even if I did respect myself, I still wouldn't get offended. A necessity for being on the internet is having a thick skin. Being able to take criticism and/or insults and brush it off as nothing personal, as is the case here, is vital to not, well, having this happen every five seconds.

This isn't criticism. This is a foundless, hate attack designed to provoke a reaction out of me. There's a reason you can't spout unfounded slander in the public domain. It's because words ACTUALLY have meaning; for example, you can lose your job if someone's smear campaign is effective. YOU should not be tolerating this abysmal behaviour, and the fact that you're blaming me for being the victim, is a crime within itself. I'm really quite shocked that everyone seems to be blaming me for this, when it is clear that I did nothing to provoke the initial attack. Yes, I over-reacted, but that was only after he attacked me.

orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 4:16:11 AM
At 1/3/2014 3:30:01 AM, Caploxion wrote:

You want to know what is more of a waste of time? Arguing when it is clear who has won, trying to scrape a win through an intellectually dishonest straw-man or flat-out ignoring the criticism, yet continuing anyway.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to have some rules in place to stop this.

This isn't criticism. This is a foundless, hate attack designed to provoke a reaction out of me. There's a reason you can't spout unfounded slander in the public domain. It's because words ACTUALLY have meaning; for example, you can lose your job if someone's smear campaign is effective. YOU should not be tolerating this abysmal behaviour, and the fact that you're blaming me for being the victim, is a crime within itself. I'm really quite shocked that everyone seems to be blaming me for this, when it is clear that I did nothing to provoke the initial attack. Yes, I over-reacted, but that was only after he attacked me.

When is this going to get through to you - MD DID NOT ATTACK YOU. As anyone with more than 3 debates (Exhibit A) can tell you, everyone on DDO has a different view on how you score ANY debate, let alone a concession - look at any debate where one side has forfeited and you will see a large disparity in how the same situation is judged. Therefore, if MD can justify his arguments for concession being bad sportsmanship - which he has, and to be honest I agree with to a certain extent - his comment can be deemed both justifiable and not in any particular way a slur on your character.

It is YOU - not MD, nor anyone else - who started this insanity with the comment - and this is a direct quotation - "MassiveDump's opinion is just a foundless whinge in this circumstance". With regards to anything said afterwards - you start a flame war, you get a flame war. And that was ultimately a war declared by you.

So just concede this argument (see what I did there?) and get back to debating, which is clearly the part of this site you enjoy.
I'm back (ish).
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 4:37:05 AM
At 1/3/2014 4:16:11 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 1/3/2014 3:30:01 AM, Caploxion wrote:

When is this going to get through to you - MD DID NOT ATTACK YOU.

YES HE DID. He HEAVILY implied that I was being unsportsmanlike in conceding the debate. THAT is an attack, and whether YOU can understand that or not is not my problem, so don't make it mine.

As anyone with more than 3 debates (Exhibit A) can tell you, everyone on DDO has a different view on how you score ANY debate

Wow, you bloody moron. I NEVER, EVER complained about the scoring, in fact, I think that it was very accurate.

Therefore, if MD can justify his arguments for concession being bad sportsmanship - which he has, and to be honest I agree with to a certain extent

The voting reason section is not a place to launch a personal attack; it clearly brings my integrity into question.

It is YOU - not MD, nor anyone else - who started this insanity with the comment - and this is a direct quotation - "MassiveDump's opinion is just a foundless whinge in this circumstance". With regards to anything said afterwards - you start a flame war, you get a flame war. And that was ultimately a war declared by you.

You're kidding, right? You even referred to HIS comment that made me respond. Sure, I got a bit angry in response to his remark, but his remark was TOTALLY out-of-bounds.

So just concede this argument (see what I did there?) and get back to debating, which is clearly the part of this site you enjoy.

Yep, after all of that, you too spit in my face with a cheap shot. Maybe if you weren't fagging it up loving Titanic, you might become a man that doesn't resort to such low blows.

orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 4:45:30 AM
At 1/3/2014 4:37:05 AM, Caploxion wrote:
Maybe if you weren't fagging it up loving Titanic, you might become a man that doesn't resort to such low blows.

And that is the comment which is going to bring you down.
I'm back (ish).
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 4:58:18 AM
At 1/3/2014 4:45:30 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
Maybe if you weren't fagging it up loving Titanic, you might become a man that doesn't resort to such low blows.

I'm not going to sit here quietly whilst you make fun of me, got it? Once again, someone hits the snake on the head and blames it when it bites back -- it's really quite pathetic.

orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 5:01:10 AM

YES HE DID. He HEAVILY implied that I was being unsportsmanlike in conceding the debate. THAT is an attack, and whether YOU can understand that or not is not my problem, so don't make it mine.
Again, the fundamental basis of your accusation is an incorrect false premise. He said that he sees concession as bad sportsmanship - that is not an attack on you, it is a criticism of your performance in the given debate. He is saying that your conduct in the debate was poor. If you feel personally dishonoured every time someone gives a point to your opponent or criticises your performance - THE VERY BASIS OF VOTING AND JUDGING FOR DEBATES - then there is no point being here.

As anyone with more than 3 debates (Exhibit A) can tell you, everyone on DDO has a different view on how you score ANY debate

Wow, you bloody moron. I NEVER, EVER complained about the scoring, in fact, I think that it was very accurate.
Again, you spectacularly miss the point. MD cast his vote BASED ON THE FACT that he sees concession as bad sportsmanship - it's in his REASON FOR DECISION, so relatively self-explanatory. You are taking issue with his view on that (and inexplicably trying to paint it as a personal attack). My point still stands that everyone has different views on every aspect of the voting process, and that you are wasting your time by starting a flame war about a view which does not go against the general consensus, because there isn't one.

Therefore, if MD can justify his arguments for concession being bad sportsmanship - which he has, and to be honest I agree with to a certain extent

The voting reason section is not a place to launch a personal attack; it clearly brings my integrity into question.
It wasn't a personal attack; see every other comment in this forum.

You're kidding, right? You even referred to HIS comment that made me respond. Sure, I got a bit angry in response to his remark, but his remark was TOTALLY out-of-bounds.
How was it out of bounds? The whole point of the VOTING PERIOD is that people VOTE. You started a debate which required RFDs (quite correctly as a debate without them is inherently flawed). Therefore, nothing is out of bounds if it is something which the voter takes into account during the voting. Making MD's comment completely justifiable.

Yep, after all of that, you too spit in my face with a cheap shot. Maybe if you weren't fagging it up loving Titanic, you might become a man that doesn't resort to such low blows.
I'm not actually gay, thanks, and even if I were, don't you think you're a tad old? It's a 9 year age gap!
This comment is needlessly homophobic and is not going to win you any friends, be it with admin or with other senior members.
I'm back (ish).
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 5:02:40 AM
At 1/3/2014 4:58:18 AM, Caploxion wrote:
At 1/3/2014 4:45:30 AM, orangemayhem wrote:

I'm not going to sit here quietly whilst you make fun of me, got it? Once again, someone hits the snake on the head and blames it when it bites back -- it's really quite pathetic.

I'm not making fun of you in any way. I'm merely meticulously bringing down your entire argument, step by step, as I would in a debate. Because funnily enough, this isn't actually a homophobic hate site - it's for DEBATING.
I'm back (ish).
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 6:01:52 AM
At 1/3/2014 5:01:10 AM, orangemayhem wrote:

Again, the fundamental basis of your accusation is an incorrect false premise. He said that he sees concession as bad sportsmanship - that is not an attack on you, it is a criticism of your performance in the given debate. He is saying that your conduct in the debate was poor. If you feel personally dishonoured every time someone gives a point to your opponent or criticises your performance - THE VERY BASIS OF VOTING AND JUDGING FOR DEBATES - then there is no point being here.

Again, you spectacularly miss the point. MD cast his vote BASED ON THE FACT that he sees concession as bad sportsmanship - it's in his REASON FOR DECISION, so relatively self-explanatory. You are taking issue with his view on that (and inexplicably trying to paint it as a personal attack). My point still stands that everyone has different views on every aspect of the voting process, and that you are wasting your time by starting a flame war about a view which does not go against the general consensus, because there isn't one.

It wasn't a personal attack; see every other comment in this forum.

How was it out of bounds? The whole point of the VOTING PERIOD is that people VOTE. You started a debate which required RFDs (quite correctly as a debate without them is inherently flawed). Therefore, nothing is out of bounds if it is something which the voter takes into account during the voting. Making MD's comment completely justifiable.

I'm not actually gay, thanks, and even if I were, don't you think you're a tad old? It's a 9 year age gap!
This comment is needlessly homophobic and is not going to win you any friends, be it with admin or with other senior members.

You're putting words in his mouth; he didn't argue anything like this. When we had our discussion earlier, not once did he deny that this was a personal attack (despite me bringing it up half-a-dozen times). Clearly, for the fifty-billionth time, describing my conduct as 'unsportsmanlike' is an attack on my character, and an unnecessary extension on the rfd. He could have simply written, "Arguments to con, conduct to con for pro's concession". It clearly isn't bad sportsmanship to concede defeat, and I gave reason as to why, yet he managed to plaster me with the term (and he evens admits later that he was wrong in doing so).

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 6:35:15 AM
At 1/3/2014 6:01:52 AM, Caploxion wrote:
and he evens admits later that he was wrong in doing so).

Wait wait wait hold on a second. You're telling me that you're upset he personally attacked you (if it was a personal attack which is still dubious), and he already APPOLOGIZED and you're still here?

Any sympathy I had for you is lost.