Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Your Seven Best Debates Ever

MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 2:38:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Attention thread? Attention thread.

Post five debates of yours that you believe people absolutely must read. Here are mine:

1. Sarcastic Presidential Debate http://www.debate.org...
2. I am More Bad-Azz Than My Opponent http://www.debate.org...
3. Applejack is Best Pony http://www.debate.org...
4. Shouldn't Kids Get As Much Respect As Adults Expect From Kids http://www.debate.org...
5. No One Has Ever Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to Do Look More Like http://www.debate.org...
6. Whoopi Goldberg Looks Like A Bitch http://www.debate.org...
7. As Long as Explicit Songs Exist, So Will Bullying http://www.debate.org...

"I'm beginning to think MassiveDump is a troll."
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 2:39:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 2:38:34 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
Attention thread? Attention thread.

Post seven debates of yours that you believe people absolutely must read. Here are mine:

1. Sarcastic Presidential Debate http://www.debate.org...
2. I am More Bad-Azz Than My Opponent http://www.debate.org...
3. Applejack is Best Pony http://www.debate.org...
4. Shouldn't Kids Get As Much Respect As Adults Expect From Kids http://www.debate.org...
5. No One Has Ever Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to Do Look More Like http://www.debate.org...
6. Whoopi Goldberg Looks Like A Bitch http://www.debate.org...
7. As Long as Explicit Songs Exist, So Will Bullying http://www.debate.org...

"I'm beginning to think MassiveDump is a troll."

Fxd
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 3:05:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You expect me to go through like 200+ debates to find my fav? Ain't nobody got time for that.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 3:07:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 3:05:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
You expect me to go through like 200+ debates to find my fav? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm trying to make debates popular again :(
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 3:16:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Catholic Church Is Harmful To Society
http://www.debate.org...

All People Have The Right To Safely Own An Atomic Bomb
http://www.debate.org...

Abraham's Attempt To Kill His Son Was Morally Justified
http://www.debate.org...

Is The Bible Sexist?
http://www.debate.org...

Jack Sparrow Is More Evil Than Davy Jones
http://www.debate.org...
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 6:22:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Gimme a minute I have some digging to do
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 6:26:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 6:22:30 PM, imabench wrote:
Gimme a minute I have some digging to do

Ditto.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:31:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 3:07:51 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:05:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
You expect me to go through like 200+ debates to find my fav? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm trying to make debates popular again :(

Get rid of all the rules for voting, that would be a good start. Why debate if only the same few diehards vote on all of them. It was more fun when everyone vote bombed. That's how it is in real life.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:33:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:31:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:07:51 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:05:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
You expect me to go through like 200+ debates to find my fav? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm trying to make debates popular again :(

Get rid of all the rules for voting, that would be a good start. Why debate if only the same few diehards vote on all of them. It was more fun when everyone vote bombed. That's how it is in real life.

Says the person that has only done 1 debate in the last 27 months.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:34:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:31:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:07:51 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:05:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
You expect me to go through like 200+ debates to find my fav? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm trying to make debates popular again :(

Get rid of all the rules for voting, that would be a good start. Why debate if only the same few diehards vote on all of them. It was more fun when everyone vote bombed. That's how it is in real life.

*Shrug* I think if there were some kind of incentive for voting on debates properly, more people would vote. But, I'll leave it to Juggle to make all their brilliant decisions.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:35:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:33:35 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:31:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:07:51 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:05:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
You expect me to go through like 200+ debates to find my fav? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm trying to make debates popular again :(

Get rid of all the rules for voting, that would be a good start. Why debate if only the same few diehards vote on all of them. It was more fun when everyone vote bombed. That's how it is in real life.

Says the person that has only done 1 debate in the last 27 months.

Ya, that's why I don't debate anymore.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:46:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:34:49 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:31:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:07:51 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:05:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
You expect me to go through like 200+ debates to find my fav? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm trying to make debates popular again :(

Get rid of all the rules for voting, that would be a good start. Why debate if only the same few diehards vote on all of them. It was more fun when everyone vote bombed. That's how it is in real life.

*Shrug* I think if there were some kind of incentive for voting on debates properly, more people would vote. But, I'll leave it to Juggle to make all their brilliant decisions.

Maybe users could have a "honesty" ranking that would be voted on when viewing their profile. If you think a person is an honest voter, you go to their profile and click "honest voter" or "dishonest voter".
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.
Nolite Timere
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:51:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

I would leave the site.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:52:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:51:31 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

I would leave the site.

Why?
Nolite Timere
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:52:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

1. Bias

2. Good debater v. Bad debater situation

3. "Creds" is a silly word.
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:53:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:52:03 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:51:31 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

I would leave the site.

Why?

Trying to "win" / "beat my opponent" is half my motivation for debating.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:53:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:46:30 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:34:49 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:31:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:07:51 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 3:05:23 PM, Noumena wrote:
You expect me to go through like 200+ debates to find my fav? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm trying to make debates popular again :(

Get rid of all the rules for voting, that would be a good start. Why debate if only the same few diehards vote on all of them. It was more fun when everyone vote bombed. That's how it is in real life.

*Shrug* I think if there were some kind of incentive for voting on debates properly, more people would vote. But, I'll leave it to Juggle to make all their brilliant decisions.

Maybe users could have a "honesty" ranking that would be voted on when viewing their profile. If you think a person is an honest voter, you go to their profile and click "honest voter" or "dishonest voter".

Or we could just go back to being blue because far less people were complaining about that format.
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:54:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I MUCH prefer the new format.

Also, this new format keeps me logged in when I check "remember me" while the other one never did.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:54:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:52:45 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

1. Bias

2. Good debater v. Bad debater situation

3. "Creds" is a silly word.

1. Bias? You're saying that the general consenus that a debate is good via "plusses" it gets is biased?

2. No because if it isn't a good debate it won't get plusses or likes or whatever kids call them these days.

3. You're a silly ninger
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:56:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:53:16 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:52:03 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:51:31 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

I would leave the site.

Why?

Trying to "win" / "beat my opponent" is half my motivation for debating.

The best apart about this system is that it doesn't require winning though! It rewards debaters for intelligent debates and would completely and utterly deter the dumb@ss debates we see everywhere.
Nolite Timere
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:58:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:54:59 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:52:45 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

1. Bias

2. Good debater v. Bad debater situation

3. "Creds" is a silly word.

1. Bias? You're saying that the general consenus that a debate is good via "plusses" it gets is biased?

If, for example, I was hella popular, people would prefer my debates over someone elses, even if I flat-out sucked.
2. No because if it isn't a good debate it won't get plusses or likes or whatever kids call them these days.

Good debater would miss out on plusses, or bad debater would get undeserved ones.
3. You're a silly ninger
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:58:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You can already mark a debate as "interesting"

Maybe if the debates with the most "stars" or whatever would appear on a leaderboard, but that's fine with me as long as you can still win
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 8:00:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:58:46 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:54:59 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:52:45 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

1. Bias

2. Good debater v. Bad debater situation

3. "Creds" is a silly word.

1. Bias? You're saying that the general consenus that a debate is good via "plusses" it gets is biased?

If, for example, I was hella popular, people would prefer my debates over someone elses, even if I flat-out sucked.

I think even you know this is flawed. There is no such thing as a popular unfunny idiot on DDO. Of course if you were already known as great debater your debates wil ltend to get more likes before the debate has even started. That adds to the fun of the system!

2. No because if it isn't a good debate it won't get plusses or likes or whatever kids call them these days.

Good debater would miss out on plusses, or bad debater would get undeserved ones.
3. You're a silly ninger
Nolite Timere
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 8:01:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Look back at the days when the Voting period debates were front and center. People voted way more.

That's how it needs to be. There was no reason to change that.
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 8:03:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 8:00:52 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:58:46 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:54:59 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:52:45 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

1. Bias

2. Good debater v. Bad debater situation

3. "Creds" is a silly word.

1. Bias? You're saying that the general consenus that a debate is good via "plusses" it gets is biased?

If, for example, I was hella popular, people would prefer my debates over someone elses, even if I flat-out sucked.

I think even you know this is flawed. There is no such thing as a popular unfunny idiot on DDO. Of course if you were already known as great debater your debates wil ltend to get more likes before the debate has even started. That adds to the fun of the system!

Gee, you aren't very charismatic, are you?

2. No because if it isn't a good debate it won't get plusses or likes or whatever kids call them these days.

Good debater would miss out on plusses, or bad debater would get undeserved ones.
3. You're a silly ninger
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 8:07:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 8:03:06 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 8:00:52 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:58:46 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:54:59 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:52:45 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

1. Bias

2. Good debater v. Bad debater situation

3. "Creds" is a silly word.

1. Bias? You're saying that the general consenus that a debate is good via "plusses" it gets is biased?

If, for example, I was hella popular, people would prefer my debates over someone elses, even if I flat-out sucked.

I think even you know this is flawed. There is no such thing as a popular unfunny idiot on DDO. Of course if you were already known as great debater your debates wil ltend to get more likes before the debate has even started. That adds to the fun of the system!

Gee, you aren't very charismatic, are you?

Hey don't steal my line

2. No because if it isn't a good debate it won't get plusses or likes or whatever kids call them these days.

Good debater would miss out on plusses, or bad debater would get undeserved ones.
3. You're a silly ninger
Nolite Timere
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 8:32:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't know any of these are objectively any good, but here are my 6 favorites that others might like.

1. Mankind Is the Main Cause of Global Warming

I thought everything went well. It was one of the smoothest debates I've ever been in. It's my second most viewed debate. It's got 3500 views.

http://www.debate.org...

2. God Exists (with Nur-Ab-Sal)

6k views, 22 votes, and 256 comments. Unfortunately, it's one I lost. I did deserve to lose it though, I misunderstood like many others do, the Thomasist argument. Still good.

http://www.debate.org...

3. Trolling should be punishable by death.

I had fun doing this one.
http://www.debate.org...

4. Idiot debate: The hatred of atheists.
Another troll debate I had fun doing

http://www.debate.org...

5. Christianity is false

Tons of people have messaged me that they love this one. I had fun doing it too, as Con is a pretty good debtor.
http://www.debate.org...

6. The Kalam Cosmological Argument is Sound (with Miles_Donahue)

Miles presents the KCA in one of the best ways I've seen. I was exited to present little heard of objections to the KCA.

http://www.debate.org...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 9:03:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/5/2014 7:51:31 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:49:29 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
What if we got rid of votes all together and just focused on the quality of the debates. For every "like" the debate gets you get "credit points" or "creds". Creds work like DDO street cred and the more cred you have then the "better" them member you are.

I would leave the site.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 9:19:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'll give you five.

1. It Is Probable That Adolf Hitler Still Lives
http://www.debate.org...

Most fun I've ever had on a debate. 29 likes. Everyone else must have loved it too.

2. Santa Clause is Real!
http://www.debate.org...

I did the entire debate in obnoxiously fancy old English. No real reason.

3. This following statement is, at some point in time, false: The Earth sky is yellow.
http://www.debate.org...

My style of semantics and it's finest. Proved that the sky is always yellow at all times.

4. Marijuana Cures Cancer
http://www.debate.org...

I actually didn't do much debating here. I could have given it a better effort and maybe added a round. But the subject is so controversial and yet my evidence was so rock solid. I spent hours and hours researching it.

5. A dream with in a dream is being awake.
http://www.debate.org...

There are no words. It's impossible to even read this debate.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord