CVBs

MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 4:26:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm not gonna lie. I really miss them.

I know you can report a bad vote and all, but if it's a non-obvious votebomb, a multi or just a poor RFD, they hardly ever remove the vote. Call me crazy, but vigilante justice actually worked a lot better.

I'm not saying to remove the report feature, that's exceptionally useful for when the time runs out. All I'm saying is that CVBs should be an acceptable voting mechanism as well.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 5:08:02 PM
Perhaps a middle ground between the systems? Say you need to have been in ten debates before you can CVB or some such?

Come to think of it, something like the VRB just using CVB's probably wouldn't be so controversial (that a vote is challenged by another user is very public, and the user is generally respected as a good voter).

Whatever the case, if CVBs come back, there need to be clear standards on them. Such as no fluff voting ("I'm in love with pro, so Im going to vote in their favor, and award them extra points because I disagree that there are any votes not in their favor"), no CCVB (except against fluff votes). Perhaps some type of officially sanctioned penalty for idiots who complain when a vote is in their favor, but not by enough ("you're cheating, I deserved 7 points, not a mere 6!").
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 5:15:10 PM
At 1/7/2014 5:08:02 PM, Ragnar wrote:
Perhaps a middle ground between the systems? Say you need to have been in ten debates before you can CVB or some such?

Come to think of it, something like the VRB just using CVB's probably wouldn't be so controversial (that a vote is challenged by another user is very public, and the user is generally respected as a good voter).

Whatever the case, if CVBs come back, there need to be clear standards on them. Such as no fluff voting ("I'm in love with pro, so Im going to vote in their favor, and award them extra points because I disagree that there are any votes not in their favor"), no CCVB (except against fluff votes). Perhaps some type of officially sanctioned penalty for idiots who complain when a vote is in their favor, but not by enough ("you're cheating, I deserved 7 points, not a mere 6!").

But why over-complicate it? Back when CVBs were allowed and the report feature didn't exist, the only complaint was last-minute votebombs. We have the report feature to take care of that now, so why not just allow CVBs?
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 5:31:01 PM
At 1/7/2014 5:15:10 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

But why over-complicate it? Back when CVBs were allowed and the report feature didn't exist, the only complaint was last-minute votebombs. We have the report feature to take care of that now, so why not just allow CVBs?

This.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 6:46:55 PM
CVB vigilante justice makes us feel good inside. I strongly suggest allowing it again.
0x5f3759df
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 11:33:33 AM
Whatever the case, if CVBs come back, there need to be clear standards on them.

I was mostly tossing in my two cents, rather than only giving a thumbs up. However I stand firmly by my point that there need to be clear standards... Also there were plenty more problems than just last minute votebombs, as with any system, plebeians found ways to abuse it.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 6:47:34 PM
At 1/8/2014 11:33:33 AM, Ragnar wrote:
Whatever the case, if CVBs come back, there need to be clear standards on them.

I was mostly tossing in my two cents, rather than only giving a thumbs up. However I stand firmly by my point that there need to be clear standards... Also there were plenty more problems than just last minute votebombs, as with any system, plebeians found ways to abuse it.

And plebeians still do. Honestly though, CVBs were a really efficient system.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2014 4:06:48 PM
At 1/8/2014 6:47:34 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
And plebeians still do. Honestly though, CVBs were a really efficient system.

I think you are right. I've been seeing a lot of vote bombs go un-removed. I realize some of them may be a bit more controversial, but I wonder if having one person in charge of all the reports would be too much. Also I have been getting a lot of complaints lately about vote bombs, and I am assuming they have been reported.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227