Total Posts:73|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO's Role Players *

inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 12:51:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I sense that we have beings here who are of high intelligence. Not just technically speaking, but people who have the ability to discern others based on words, and pictures that are created out of ones expressive form. Meaning borderling extraordinary capabilites of logic and the mind. What role do you play here at DDO. And why are you here.
YYW
Posts: 36,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 3:08:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 12:51:01 PM, inferno wrote:
I sense that we have beings here who are of high intelligence.

Yeah, there are a few bright ones on here.

Not just technically speaking, but people who have the ability to discern others based on words, and pictures that are created out of ones expressive form.

Perhaps.

Meaning borderling extraordinary capabilites of logic and the mind. What role do you play here at DDO. And why are you here.

I'd rather know what role other people think I play, than say what role I think I play. I'd be happy to opine on others, though.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 4:05:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 3:08:50 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/13/2014 12:51:01 PM, inferno wrote:
I sense that we have beings here who are of high intelligence.

Yeah, there are a few bright ones on here.

Not just technically speaking, but people who have the ability to discern others based on words, and pictures that are created out of ones expressive form.

Perhaps.

Meaning borderling extraordinary capabilites of logic and the mind. What role do you play here at DDO. And why are you here.

I'd rather know what role other people think I play, than say what role I think I play. I'd be happy to opine on others, though.

I've always thought of you as a mix of a court jestor and a professor. Dunno why.
YYW
Posts: 36,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 4:22:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 4:05:14 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 1/13/2014 3:08:50 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/13/2014 12:51:01 PM, inferno wrote:
I sense that we have beings here who are of high intelligence.

Yeah, there are a few bright ones on here.

Not just technically speaking, but people who have the ability to discern others based on words, and pictures that are created out of ones expressive form.

Perhaps.

Meaning borderling extraordinary capabilites of logic and the mind. What role do you play here at DDO. And why are you here.

I'd rather know what role other people think I play, than say what role I think I play. I'd be happy to opine on others, though.

I've always thought of you as a mix of a court jestor and a professor. Dunno why.

Well, I'm flattered. I think both are notable roles to play, actually :)
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:38:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 12:51:01 PM, inferno wrote:

What role do you play here at DDO.

Im a bench
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:50:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
After the morality guy quit, I became the seventh professor.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:39:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Resident social pinko
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
tylergraham95
Posts: 1,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 1:03:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 12:51:01 PM, inferno wrote:
I sense that we have beings here who are of high intelligence. Not just technically speaking, but people who have the ability to discern others based on words, and pictures that are created out of ones expressive form. Meaning borderling extraordinary capabilites of logic and the mind. What role do you play here at DDO. And why are you here.

U wot m8? oi ill bash ye fukin hed in
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 1:58:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am the Holy Scholar of the Knoxian Church.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
sadolite
Posts: 8,833
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 4:18:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am here to gauge the direction the country is going in. My role is to possibly offer a viable and differing point of view on subjects.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 11:31:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/14/2014 4:18:04 PM, sadolite wrote:
I am here to gauge the direction the country is going in. My role is to possibly offer a viable and differing point of view on subjects.

http://now-here-this.timeout.com...
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 12:07:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I feel I am one of the few noobs that actually were worthy of dealing with: the little DDOer that blossomed into a well-respected user.

Or maybe I don't know.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 12:09:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/13/2014 6:11:54 PM, Romanii wrote:
Ummm, okay, then what role do I play?

I see you as somewhat of an open-minded realist with idealistic values. What's my role? I'm curious as well.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 12:15:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Curious: what's my role.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 12:43:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why doesn't Inferno have a royal title yet?

Inferno, pick a title. You certainly deserve a spot in the bureaucracy.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 12:44:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/15/2014 12:43:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why doesn't Inferno have a royal title yet?

Inferno, pick a title. You certainly deserve a spot in the bureaucracy.

You must already have a court jester.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 12:47:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/15/2014 12:44:48 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/15/2014 12:43:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why doesn't Inferno have a royal title yet?

Inferno, pick a title. You certainly deserve a spot in the bureaucracy.

You must already have a court jester.

That's sort of already implied by being emperor. But it would be fitting.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 12:51:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/15/2014 12:43:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why doesn't Inferno have a royal title yet?

Inferno, pick a title. You certainly deserve a spot in the bureaucracy.

He wins when it comes to the most forum posts to debates, polls, and opinions ratio. For that, I give him the title of: Town Crier.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 12:52:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/15/2014 12:47:49 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/15/2014 12:44:48 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/15/2014 12:43:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Why doesn't Inferno have a royal title yet?

Inferno, pick a title. You certainly deserve a spot in the bureaucracy.

You must already have a court jester.

That's sort of already implied by being emperor. But it would be fitting.

Aw yes but of course. Perhaps he could have some sort of secondary position in yer Office. The Vice Emperor-Jester.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 1:04:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/15/2014 1:00:35 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Chaotic Neutral, epic-level Human Wizard.

Wait we went this long with no one going there?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 1:07:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/15/2014 1:06:26 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 1/15/2014 1:04:16 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/15/2014 1:00:35 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Chaotic Neutral, epic-level Human Wizard.

Wait we went this long with no one going there?

It's a damn shame, isn't it?

DDO isn't what it used to be that's for sure.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 1:09:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/15/2014 1:07:50 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/15/2014 1:06:26 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 1/15/2014 1:04:16 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/15/2014 1:00:35 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Chaotic Neutral, epic-level Human Wizard.

Wait we went this long with no one going there?

It's a damn shame, isn't it?

DDO isn't what it used to be that's for sure.

Well, we tried once to do a real DnD game. It ended poorly.
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 2:18:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What am I?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 8:07:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/15/2014 12:09:23 AM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 1/13/2014 6:11:54 PM, Romanii wrote:
Ummm, okay, then what role do I play?

I see you as somewhat of an open-minded realist with idealistic values. What's my role? I'm curious as well.

LOL.
I would say... that you're the most logical, open-minded person in the religion sections of this site.