Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

ManPower's Account is Closed

Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 10:39:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I hope he kills himself.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 10:40:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
He hath been silenced for the good of the people.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
True2GaGa
Posts: 1,574
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 10:44:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 10:42:10 AM, mongeese wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:41:23 AM, Koopin wrote:
Freedom of speech.

Freedom for the mod to do what he wants with his own website.

Thank You.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 10:46:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 10:41:57 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:39:46 AM, Koopin wrote:
He should not have been banned.

So you agree with his sexist comments?

Just I would keep Obama in the white house does not mean I agree with him.

Freedom of speech. He was expressing his views on a debate site. That's not unheard of. If the Mod wanted to kick him, that is his right. But I do not think it should have happened.
kfc
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 10:47:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 10:46:32 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:41:57 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:39:46 AM, Koopin wrote:
He should not have been banned.

So you agree with his sexist comments?

Just because I would keep Obama in the white house does not mean I agree with him.

Freedom of speech. He was expressing his views on a debate site. That's not unheard of. If the Mod wanted to kick him, that is his right. But I do not think it should have happened.
kfc
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 10:57:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 10:47:31 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:46:32 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:41:57 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:39:46 AM, Koopin wrote:
He should not have been banned.

So you agree with his sexist comments?

Just because I would keep Obama in the white house does not mean I agree with him.

Freedom of speech. He was expressing his views on a debate site. That's not unheard of. If the Mod wanted to kick him, that is his right. But I do not think it should have happened.

Yeah, i agree but he was cursing and offending people, that combination does warrant a ban if the mod said so. And Mod has spoken!
True2GaGa
Posts: 1,574
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 11:08:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 10:57:38 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:47:31 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:46:32 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:41:57 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:39:46 AM, Koopin wrote:
He should not have been banned.

So you agree with his sexist comments?

Just because I would keep Obama in the white house does not mean I agree with him.

Freedom of speech. He was expressing his views on a debate site. That's not unheard of. If the Mod wanted to kick him, that is his right. But I do not think it should have happened.


Yeah, i agree but he was cursing and offending people, that combination does warrant a ban if the mod said so. And Mod has spoken!

A lot of people reported him, according to the forums.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 11:13:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 10:46:32 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:41:57 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:39:46 AM, Koopin wrote:
He should not have been banned.

So you agree with his sexist comments?

Just I would keep Obama in the white house does not mean I agree with him.

Freedom of speech. He was expressing his views on a debate site. That's not unheard of. If the Mod wanted to kick him, that is his right. But I do not think it should have happened.

No he was not, he was expressing artificial views intended to provoke a backlash, he also lacked the intelligence to defend them, all good reasons for him to get kicked.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
True2GaGa
Posts: 1,574
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 11:16:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 11:13:48 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:46:32 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:41:57 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:39:46 AM, Koopin wrote:
He should not have been banned.

So you agree with his sexist comments?

Just I would keep Obama in the white house does not mean I agree with him.

Freedom of speech. He was expressing his views on a debate site. That's not unheard of. If the Mod wanted to kick him, that is his right. But I do not think it should have happened.

No he was not, he was expressing artificial views intended to provoke a backlash, he also lacked the intelligence to defend them, all good reasons for him to get kicked.

Agreed.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 11:16:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
He just wanted attention, I believe. No, he shouldn't kill himself, but the mods were right to ban him.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 12:54:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 12:23:51 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
I disagree with his banning. Trolls make this site infinitely more amusing. I enjoy trolling trolls.

So long as they don't get out of hand. Too many sites (mainly forums, rather then debate sites) go under because they get infested with trolls that drive away all the good posters.

Also, freedom of speech applies to what government cannot do, not what individuals can do with the websites that they own (this is a generic statement, not directly meant to the person I am quoting).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 1:06:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 10:57:38 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:47:31 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:46:32 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:41:57 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
At 1/14/2010 10:39:46 AM, Koopin wrote:
He should not have been banned.

So you agree with his sexist comments?

Just because I would keep Obama in the white house does not mean I agree with him.

Freedom of speech. He was expressing his views on a debate site. That's not unheard of. If the Mod wanted to kick him, that is his right. But I do not think it should have happened.


Yeah, i agree but he was cursing and offending people, that combination does warrant a ban if the mod said so. And Mod has spoken!

Yes, he called me a filthy raghead. Grrr! >:( I reported him for that.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 1:23:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 1:06:38 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Yes, he called me a filthy raghead. Grrr! >:( I reported him for that.

Is that misogynistic, or some kind of ethnic slur?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 1:24:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 1:23:44 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Is that misogynistic, or some kind of ethnic slur?

You don't know what "raghead" means?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 1:24:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 1:24:35 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 1/14/2010 1:23:44 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Is that misogynistic, or some kind of ethnic slur?

You don't know what "raghead" means?

clearly.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 1:26:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 1:24:56 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
clearly.

Its an ethnic slur against turbaned Muslims, but generally means all Muslims.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 1:26:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 1:24:35 PM, Volkov wrote:

Care to enlighten me?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 1:28:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 1:26:16 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 1/14/2010 1:24:56 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
clearly.

Its an ethnic slur against turbaned Muslims, but generally means all Muslims.

oh. I kinda figured something along those lines, though I thought sihks wore the turbans.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 1:30:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/14/2010 1:28:25 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
oh. I kinda figured something along those lines, though I thought sihks wore the turbans.

Some Muslims do as well, in specific regions. However, even if that weren't true, some people would still call Muslims "ragheads" because they're generally idiots.

I'm surprised a New Yorker like yourself didn't know that.