Jump to topic:

Standout members 2

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 3:12:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I had to cut my other one short due to my ipod/phone both acting up. So lets get back to the list.

Thett3 - He puts the old in oldguard. Has been on the site for countless years, and if I am not mistaken is approaching 5 or has already made the mark. Has always made and contributed in high quality debates. He has been active in mafia, the forums, and debating. He offers up input to new members and seeks to improve site quality. He also is very respectful and widely revered as one of the most elite members of the site. He also ran for vp of bsh recently , where they made a valiant stand.

Ore_elle - Also revered as one of the most elite on the site. Just like Thett3 he has been extremely active in the mafia forums, and regular forums. Has put out and participated in numerous high quality debates. I have had the privileged to DM in a recent dnd star wars game I made, and he was ever the fair player. Wanting the game to be based off of enjoyment rather than completion. In the process he sent me a short script from a book/series he was working on and it was enjoyable to read. he is extremely talented and has always been about improving the site.

Roy Latham- Some people may disagree with this one, but he put the word l33t in elite. The only member to ever achieve over a 7k elo. I personally took the time to read through most of his debates from old to knew, and i was in utter amazement at the transition and knowledge of debating skills he gained over his stay on the site. He went from being good to great. Almost every debate he puts out is released with the thought of perfection behind. Everything from hardly having any spelling errors to multiple sources to support everything he believes in. With him putting this much time in the debating section of the site. He is someone we must all acknowledge as one of the best if not the best on the site.

Freedo - Never even talked to him personally in the forums or through messages. I have never even had contact with him on the site at all, but his accolades are not to be forgotten. He is a great debater whom has went over the 4k elo mark, invests heavy time in his debates and is also really really entertaining to watch in the forums. Some of his posts are unforgettable as well as his presence on DDO.

Zaradi - Another person I met a few months ago. He seems to have did the same thing I did and went for a really high elo really fast and then got burnt out. Since then he has been active in mafia and heading up efforts in a DDO lol team. He is a great guy and is extremely helpful with most questions that are thrown his way.

Classical Robert - Even though he nominated himself in my recent thread, bobert does deserve a spot in this tier. He has recently headed up a gauntlet tourney to improve debate quality on the site along with running for a vp position in the most recent election. The small amount of debates I have read from him have been nothing but high quality and he is a valued member

Subtai - Another member whom has headed up multiple tournaments and efforts to increase quality debating. Again I have never really talked to him personally other than a few occasions, but his efforts to persevere the quality of the site along with his ability to put out great debates is not un noticed.

Sargon - This is a personal friend I met a while back. Me and him entered into a rage war about morality and the essence of where it comes from, and since then have become really good friends. He has sent me numerous papers he has written regarding the issue of God and the creation of the universe, along with introducing me to great minds such as Shagan Kelly. While a lot of the stuff we discuss we differ on in some aspects, he has helped me shape my own opinion on the issue of God and the universe, and is one of the most advent and knowledgeable atheist that I have met on the site.

Khaos Mage - This is another noticeable member that has stood out to me. While he may not be an active debater, he has taken over the efforts of drafterman in helping newbies learn mafia. He has invested countless hours of his own time into starting beginner series, and for that we thank you.

With that I ran out of space, but all of these people I intended to mention in the first one before my Ipod messed up. If you are not mentioned do not take it personally. This is people that I think have personally contributed alot to the site and that have stood out to me personally. There are a vast amount of other members , I wanted to put on here but can not due to character limitations. I will try and post these every now and then. All of us want this site to improve, and we all have our ways of trying to improve it and stand out. You guys know who you are and what you have contributed, but hearing it from a second or third party is a good way for everyone to recognize your efforts.

So from me personally and from most of the DDO community I am sure, you have my gratitude.

(Ps forgive my grammar , there is no way to check it on this Ipod. If i delete anything the entire post is deleted)
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 6:48:33 PM
Great list, Mikal. I stand by your choices 100%. You typed that all on your Ipod?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 6:51:57 PM
At 1/18/2014 6:48:33 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
You typed that all on your Ipod?

Commitment.^
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 9:19:09 PM
At 1/18/2014 8:40:00 PM, STALIN wrote:
What is this!!? We don't need another one of these.

morality boost and more
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 10:39:36 PM
At 1/18/2014 8:40:00 PM, STALIN wrote:
What is this!!? We don't need another one of these.

(Says the guy who made threads purely for the random assortment of letters...)

Did you even read the first sentence?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 11:12:38 PM
To balance this list and it's companion, someone -not me- should make a list of DDO's most deplorable. Among those ranks, I should, in a most hypothetical sense, think would include, in no particular order: Complaxion, GWL-CPA, ADreamOfLiberty, etc. Perhaps they are for others, but that is not for me to say. Of course, I would never make such a thread, but I would not be opposed to someone else's making it...
Tsar of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 11:30:16 PM
At 1/18/2014 11:12:38 PM, YYW wrote:
To balance this list and it's companion, someone -not me- should make a list of DDO's most deplorable. Among those ranks, I should, in a most hypothetical sense, think would include, in no particular order: Complaxion, GWL-CPA, ADreamOfLiberty, etc. Perhaps they are for others, but that is not for me to say. Of course, I would never make such a thread, but I would not be opposed to someone else's making it...

Already did that , got deleted by airmax.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 11:35:06 PM
At 1/18/2014 11:30:16 PM, Mikal wrote:

Wellfuck...
Tsar of DDO
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 11:39:40 PM
At 1/18/2014 11:35:06 PM, YYW wrote:

Wellfuck...

Wellillbeasonofanasianbitch..
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 11:40:16 PM
At 1/18/2014 11:39:40 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Wellfuck...

Perhaps.
Tsar of DDO
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2014 11:42:02 PM
At 1/18/2014 11:40:16 PM, YYW wrote:

Wellfuck...

Perhaps.

Posting just for the helluvit.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 12:10:44 AM
At 1/18/2014 11:42:02 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/18/2014 11:40:16 PM, YYW wrote:

Wellfuck...

Perhaps.

Posting just for the helluvit.

Perhaps.
Tsar of DDO
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 6:33:02 AM

You purposely got my name wrong, didn't you? What exactly do you want from me? Do you want me to completely lose it? Are you bored? Is there actually a problem? How about you stop taking every opportunity to insult and defame me, and many we can sort out our differences? What do you say? Just tell me, without insults, exactly what your problem with me is.
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 7:50:17 AM
At 1/19/2014 6:33:02 AM, Caploxion wrote:

You purposely got my name wrong, didn't you? What exactly do you want from me? Do you want me to completely lose it? Are you bored? Is there actually a problem? How about you stop taking every opportunity to insult and defame me, and many we can sort out our differences? What do you say? Just tell me, without insults, exactly what your problem with me is.

*grabs popcorn*
I'm back (ish).
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 8:43:17 AM
At 1/19/2014 7:50:17 AM, orangemayhem wrote:

*grabs popcorn*

Don't bother. Conversing with complaxion is without purpose.
Tsar of DDO
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 9:06:03 AM

My problem is that even I can see you have mental health issues. Someone get Tulle here. I'm thinking more in the line of an Anti-social disorder.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 9:08:57 AM
At 1/18/2014 3:12:43 PM, Mikal wrote:

Classical Robert - Even though he nominated himself in my recent thread, bobert does deserve a spot in this tier. He has recently headed up a gauntlet tourney to improve debate quality on the site along with running for a vp position in the most recent election. The small amount of debates I have read from him have been nothing but high quality and he is a valued member

Haha I was just messing around in the last thread, but I really appreciate this :) Thanks!
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 9:45:53 AM

Kfc
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 2:40:29 PM
At 1/19/2014 9:06:03 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

My problem is that even I can see you have mental health issues. Someone get Tulle here. I'm thinking more in the line of an Anti-social disorder.

Nice win-rate ratio; maybe you're the one with mental health issues.
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 2:59:18 PM
At 1/19/2014 8:43:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 1/19/2014 7:50:17 AM, orangemayhem wrote:

*grabs popcorn*

Don't bother. Conversing with complaxion is without purpose.

Haha, and you think that making 10k posts is with purpose? Cute.

NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 3:38:47 PM
At 1/19/2014 2:40:29 PM, Caploxion wrote:

lol Want to debate then?
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 3:39:55 PM
At 1/19/2014 3:38:47 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

lol Want to debate then?

kfc

NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 3:41:07 PM
At 1/19/2014 3:39:55 PM, Caploxion wrote:

lol Want to debate then?

kfc

lol You're a fvcking fool.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 3:49:22 PM

50/50 and she says win ratio lol. Elo matters guis
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 4:06:40 PM
At 1/19/2014 3:41:07 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

lol Want to debate then?

kfc

You win 8.33% of your matches; your opinion of me is of no consequence.

DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2014 4:25:26 PM
At 1/19/2014 4:06:40 PM, Caploxion wrote:
At 1/19/2014 3:41:07 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

lol Want to debate then?

kfc

You win 8.33% of your matches; your opinion of me is of no consequence.

You only win about 50%. Even a 13 year old has a higher ratio than you. (Me) Yet people still value others opinions without caring about their win ratio... I suppose the entire WS comity should just ignore your complaints if we applied your logic to that?