Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Debate.org Update - This Friday

Debate.org_Official
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 2:48:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
We will be releasing an update to Debate.org this Friday. It was originally scheduled for this evening, but we are adding another full day to finish a few details and extend testing.

As noted in an earlier thread, this release contains a change that will display advertisements to members. The next few updates to the site, we will be have a higher degree of focus on areas where we receive the most traffic, from both members and non-members. The goal of this would be increase the revenue generated from the high traffic areas to fund improvements to all areas of the site.

With that being said, this week's update contains changes to the opinions pages, as well as some improvements to the sign up flow.

Highlights of some of the changes include:

- Faster load times on the opinion topic pages by adding a "load more" button after a designated number of arguments
- New Argument Discussion pages that create a new page for opinion arguments that spur a lot of back and forth discussion. These will be linked directly within the opinion argument itself.
- Inline argument submission - no more pop-ups to add your argument on an opinion topic
- Simplified sign up pop-ups for non-logged in users who initiate an action that is for members only

We will keep you posted as to the exact timing of the release. We are targeting early Friday.
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 8:29:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
probably Imabench's worst nightmare
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 8:30:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Please remove forfeited debates from the main page.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 12:05:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2014 8:29:21 PM, yay842 wrote:
probably Imabench's worst nightmare

Actually the Jets making the playoffs in any given year is my worst nightmare.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 12:53:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2014 8:30:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
Please remove forfeited debates from the main page.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 11:04:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/23/2014 12:53:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/22/2014 8:30:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
Please remove forfeited debates from the main page.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 3:55:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2014 2:48:49 PM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
We will be releasing an update to Debate.org this Friday. It was originally scheduled for this evening, but we are adding another full day to finish a few details and extend testing.

As noted in an earlier thread, this release contains a change that will display advertisements to members. The next few updates to the site, we will be have a higher degree of focus on areas where we receive the most traffic, from both members and non-members. The goal of this would be increase the revenue generated from the high traffic areas to fund improvements to all areas of the site.

With that being said, this week's update contains changes to the opinions pages, as well as some improvements to the sign up flow.

Highlights of some of the changes include:

- Faster load times on the opinion topic pages by adding a "load more" button after a designated number of arguments
- New Argument Discussion pages that create a new page for opinion arguments that spur a lot of back and forth discussion. These will be linked directly within the opinion argument itself.
- Inline argument submission - no more pop-ups to add your argument on an opinion topic
- Simplified sign up pop-ups for non-logged in users who initiate an action that is for members only

We will keep you posted as to the exact timing of the release. We are targeting early Friday.

I'm sure you guys have intentions on making the ads unobtrusive, but have you considered, perhaps, some pay option? I know you're doing yo' thang and all, but some of us REALLY hate ads. Like, a LOT.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 6:40:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/23/2014 11:04:04 AM, phantom wrote:
At 1/23/2014 12:53:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/22/2014 8:30:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
Please remove forfeited debates from the main page.
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 7:21:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/23/2014 6:40:25 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 1/23/2014 11:04:04 AM, phantom wrote:
At 1/23/2014 12:53:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/22/2014 8:30:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
Please remove forfeited debates from the main page.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
STALIN
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 7:36:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/23/2014 7:21:41 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/23/2014 6:40:25 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 1/23/2014 11:04:04 AM, phantom wrote:
At 1/23/2014 12:53:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/22/2014 8:30:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
Please remove forfeited debates from the main page.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 7:44:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/22/2014 2:48:49 PM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
We will be releasing an update to Debate.org this Friday. It was originally scheduled for this evening, but we are adding another full day to finish a few details and extend testing.

As noted in an earlier thread, this release contains a change that will display advertisements to members. The next few updates to the site, we will be have a higher degree of focus on areas where we receive the most traffic, from both members and non-members. The goal of this would be increase the revenue generated from the high traffic areas to fund improvements to all areas of the site.

With that being said, this week's update contains changes to the opinions pages, as well as some improvements to the sign up flow.

Highlights of some of the changes include:

- Faster load times on the opinion topic pages by adding a "load more" button after a designated number of arguments
- New Argument Discussion pages that create a new page for opinion arguments that spur a lot of back and forth discussion. These will be linked directly within the opinion argument itself.
- Inline argument submission - no more pop-ups to add your argument on an opinion topic
- Simplified sign up pop-ups for non-logged in users who initiate an action that is for members only

We will keep you posted as to the exact timing of the release. We are targeting early Friday.

So....advertisements and blah blah blah with the opinions section. I can barely contain my excitement.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 8:02:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/23/2014 7:36:09 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 1/23/2014 7:21:41 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 1/23/2014 6:40:25 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 1/23/2014 11:04:04 AM, phantom wrote:
At 1/23/2014 12:53:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/22/2014 8:30:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
Please remove forfeited debates from the main page.

CCCCCCOMBO BREAKER!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 9:50:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/23/2014 7:44:47 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/22/2014 2:48:49 PM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
We will be releasing an update to Debate.org this Friday. It was originally scheduled for this evening, but we are adding another full day to finish a few details and extend testing.

As noted in an earlier thread, this release contains a change that will display advertisements to members. The next few updates to the site, we will be have a higher degree of focus on areas where we receive the most traffic, from both members and non-members. The goal of this would be increase the revenue generated from the high traffic areas to fund improvements to all areas of the site.

With that being said, this week's update contains changes to the opinions pages, as well as some improvements to the sign up flow.

Highlights of some of the changes include:

- Faster load times on the opinion topic pages by adding a "load more" button after a designated number of arguments
- New Argument Discussion pages that create a new page for opinion arguments that spur a lot of back and forth discussion. These will be linked directly within the opinion argument itself.
- Inline argument submission - no more pop-ups to add your argument on an opinion topic
- Simplified sign up pop-ups for non-logged in users who initiate an action that is for members only

We will keep you posted as to the exact timing of the release. We are targeting early Friday.

So....advertisements and blah blah blah with the opinions section. I can barely contain my excitement.

Mhm.
0x5f3759df
Subutai
Posts: 3,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 10:09:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/23/2014 7:44:47 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/22/2014 2:48:49 PM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
We will be releasing an update to Debate.org this Friday. It was originally scheduled for this evening, but we are adding another full day to finish a few details and extend testing.

As noted in an earlier thread, this release contains a change that will display advertisements to members. The next few updates to the site, we will be have a higher degree of focus on areas where we receive the most traffic, from both members and non-members. The goal of this would be increase the revenue generated from the high traffic areas to fund improvements to all areas of the site.

With that being said, this week's update contains changes to the opinions pages, as well as some improvements to the sign up flow.

Highlights of some of the changes include:

- Faster load times on the opinion topic pages by adding a "load more" button after a designated number of arguments
- New Argument Discussion pages that create a new page for opinion arguments that spur a lot of back and forth discussion. These will be linked directly within the opinion argument itself.
- Inline argument submission - no more pop-ups to add your argument on an opinion topic
- Simplified sign up pop-ups for non-logged in users who initiate an action that is for members only

We will keep you posted as to the exact timing of the release. We are targeting early Friday.

So....advertisements and blah blah blah with the opinions section. I can barely contain my excitement.

+1000 and sigged.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 11:54:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/23/2014 12:05:14 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2014 8:29:21 PM, yay842 wrote:
probably Imabench's worst nightmare

Actually the Jets making the playoffs in any given year is my worst nightmare.

-_-

Dude... you have nothing to worry about...
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 7:16:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't see any adds.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Debate.org_Official
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 1:34:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello everyone,

The site update is live. For additional details, you can refer to this post - http://www.debate.org...

Per your request, we did make a change to eliminate a number of the forfeited debates from showing up on the main debates pages.

Thanks!
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 2:43:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/24/2014 1:34:34 PM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
Hello everyone,

The site update is live. For additional details, you can refer to this post - http://www.debate.org...

Per your request, we did make a change to eliminate a number of the forfeited debates from showing up on the main debates pages.

Thanks!

I've got to be honest, at first I didn't even realise there were now ads
Ashton
zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcb
Posts: 42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 2:45:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/24/2014 2:43:49 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 1/24/2014 1:34:34 PM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
Hello everyone,

The site update is live. For additional details, you can refer to this post - http://www.debate.org...

Per your request, we did make a change to eliminate a number of the forfeited debates from showing up on the main debates pages.

Thanks!

I've got to be honest, at first I didn't even realise there were now ads

Use chrome or firefox and get adblock extension.
z
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 3:28:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/24/2014 2:45:32 PM, zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcb wrote:
At 1/24/2014 2:43:49 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 1/24/2014 1:34:34 PM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
Hello everyone,

The site update is live. For additional details, you can refer to this post - http://www.debate.org...

Per your request, we did make a change to eliminate a number of the forfeited debates from showing up on the main debates pages.

Thanks!

I've got to be honest, at first I didn't even realise there were now ads

Use chrome or firefox and get adblock extension.

I need to do this. The ads in my peripheral vision are annoying.
0x5f3759df
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 4:01:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/24/2014 4:27:56 AM, TUF wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

It's friday! We so excited for these updates.

+1
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 6:52:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
No changes to debating? Okay.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 11:39:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, nothing interesting.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 2:19:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/24/2014 6:52:18 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
No changes to debating? Okay.

): I'll message Alex and see if she got my last emails.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 9:40:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Browse over 1000 Asian women's profiles...

Debate.org, how'd you know?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 11:03:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I like the ads, except I have one problem, when I'm in the forums or the opinions section, they block part of my notifications bar.
Ashton