Jump to topic:

Schools should not support sports

JesseR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 9:51:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a personal opinion please if you comment please make it appropriate.
Lets start out by defining what the main objective of the United States schooling system is.IN MY OPINION is to offer education for future endeavors, such as college,grad schooling etc. When it comes to sports, schooling has really nothing to do with it in genreral, so they are polar opposites. FACT: schools budgets include covering the sports expenses, meaning that the school is spending more money on a topic that are unrelated to education. A good alturnitive would be for sports to support themselves in profit and revenue. A good analogie would be a summer camp that you would send your kids to, but int his case you would be enrolling them into na spot that governs iteself. This would create a bigger budget for the school to spend on valuable needs. Unfortunetly my school suffers from budget cuts and is very unsuitable for an ideal education. COMMENT ACCORDINGLY
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 10:21:47 AM
I disagree. I think schools should support sports, because it gives kids recreational time, and gives kids the experience of working as a team. Plus, sports are fun to many kids, and it also gives them a chance to work cooperatively with others their age.
Ashton
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 10:23:31 AM
At 1/23/2014 9:51:50 AM, JesseR wrote:
Lets start out by defining what the main objective of the United States schooling system is.IN MY OPINION is to offer education for future endeavors, such as college,grad schooling etc. When it comes to sports, schooling has really nothing to do with it in genreral, so they are polar opposites. FACT: schools budgets include covering the sports expenses, meaning that the school is spending more money on a topic that are unrelated to education. A good alturnitive would be for sports to support themselves in profit and revenue. A good analogie would be a summer camp that you would send your kids to, but int his case you would be enrolling them into na spot that governs iteself. This would create a bigger budget for the school to spend on valuable needs. Unfortunetly my school suffers from budget cuts and is very unsuitable for an ideal education. COMMENT ACCORDINGLY

I personally found school sports such as cross-country and track to be beneficial.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 5:15:31 PM
At 1/23/2014 9:51:50 AM, JesseR wrote:

The best schools, I've found, are ones that build into the community of the local area. Sports help to do this, by bonding the people involved. I know that some schools put a ridiculous amount of funding into sport, but surely this isn't a reason to bar sports from schools altogether.
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 6:45:23 PM
F*cking hated this part of my school life.

Bad memories of that institution, not that life afterwards is any brighter.
z