Jump to topic:

Does AdBlock Affect DDO Revenue?

Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 8:19:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I used to be reluctant to use AdBlock based solely on the reasoning that viewing advertizements is an ingenious way of modern commercialization. All I have to do is scroll through some ads to get free stuff. I was afraid that if I used AdBlock, my wouldn't carry my share of looking at ads.

I got AdBlock for the new DDO update though. I'm wondering if DDO's revenue is based on views or clicks or transactions through clicks from DDO. If it's views, then I'm unblocking.
0x5f3759df
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 8:21:42 PM
At 1/25/2014 8:20:13 PM, Bullish wrote:
I haven't intentionally clicked on a web commercial in my life.

It's based on clicks.

My DDO schedule:
Turn off AdBlock
Click ads about 100 times
Turn AdBlock back on
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 8:37:51 PM
At 1/25/2014 8:21:42 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

It's based on clicks.

My DDO schedule:
Turn off AdBlock
Turn AdBlock back on

Make sure you keep it down a notch so the companies don't get suspicious.
0x5f3759df
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 8:43:44 PM
At 1/25/2014 8:37:51 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 1/25/2014 8:21:42 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

It's based on clicks.

My DDO schedule:
Turn off AdBlock
Turn AdBlock back on

Make sure you keep it down a notch so the companies don't get suspicious.

Maybe he's just a really enthusiastic customer....:^)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 9:44:51 PM
Unless you are genuinely interested in advertisements and want to buy whatever potential advertisers may be selling, Juggle's revenue will not be effected.

If you don't think you are going to buy anything, and don't want to spend money, turn on adblock. You actually have to click on an ad for them to make money.

I wouldn't worry though, because there are still many people that don't use chrome that this will effect, meaning Juggle may still likely make money.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 10:33:25 PM
At 1/25/2014 9:44:51 PM, TUF wrote:
Unless you are genuinely interested in advertisements and want to buy whatever potential advertisers may be selling, Juggle's revenue will not be effected.

If you don't think you are going to buy anything, and don't want to spend money, turn on adblock. You actually have to click on an ad for them to make money.

I wouldn't worry though, because there are still many people that don't use chrome that this will effect, meaning Juggle may still likely make money.

Question, if I may:

If I click on an ad 5 times, delete all of the tabs, then turn on AdBlock, is Juggle still earning money?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 1:52:21 AM
At 1/25/2014 10:33:25 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/25/2014 9:44:51 PM, TUF wrote:

Question, if I may:

If I click on an ad 5 times, delete all of the tabs, then turn on AdBlock, is Juggle still earning money?

They make money off the first click at least that's for sure. If it's all different advertisers than each one will pay out to juggle separately. But if it's the exact same one they might judge solely off of IP. If you wanted to keep clicking on the same ad to give the site money, you probably could do it through a tor browser though I am not sure of the legality of that.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227