Jump to topic:

So I stomped a kitten to death....

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 3:14:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Now that I have your attention (I didnt actually stomp a kitten to death) I have an announcement to make

I recently purchased the political simulation game Democracy 3 (Amazing game btw) and ive been thinking for a bit how DDO would do if DDO collectively discussed what to do, what to change, etc etc if they were put in charge of a major existing country like the US or the UK..... I myself do pretty damn good in the US and France on normal difficulty, however I dont get re-elected in England, and I actually get assassinated in Canada, Australia, and Germany when I tried those countries.

So im putting together a council of people on DDO, who will then basically discuss and argue over how to run a country, what laws to enact, which ones to cancel, etc etc in a forum somewhere to see how DDO does..... Ill simply be the messenger who carries out their orders and relays important information to them when the next turn happens.

I normally would have put this in the politics section or the games section, or maybe even the misc section, but I figured that the main DDO section would be best since more people will see it and it wont get buried under a crapload of spam you would see in other forums.

So if youre interested, sign up below. Im starting out with 6 spots, but Ill go up to 15 or more if a lot of people sign up. I will NOT be one of the people who argue for a decision, im only here to carry out your orders and relay results.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 3:28:05 PM
I'm in.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 3:32:48 PM
At 1/26/2014 3:14:03 PM, imabench wrote:
Now that I have your attention (I didnt actually stomp a kitten to death) I have an announcement to make

I recently purchased the political simulation game Democracy 3 (Amazing game btw) and ive been thinking for a bit how DDO would do if DDO collectively discussed what to do, what to change, etc etc if they were put in charge of a major existing country like the US or the UK..... I myself do pretty damn good in the US and France on normal difficulty, however I dont get re-elected in England, and I actually get assassinated in Canada, Australia, and Germany when I tried those countries.

So im putting together a council of people on DDO, who will then basically discuss and argue over how to run a country, what laws to enact, which ones to cancel, etc etc in a forum somewhere to see how DDO does..... Ill simply be the messenger who carries out their orders and relays important information to them when the next turn happens.

I normally would have put this in the politics section or the games section, or maybe even the misc section, but I figured that the main DDO section would be best since more people will see it and it wont get buried under a crapload of spam you would see in other forums.

So if youre interested, sign up below. Im starting out with 6 spots, but Ill go up to 15 or more if a lot of people sign up. I will NOT be one of the people who argue for a decision, im only here to carry out your orders and relay results.

1 - Bobbert
2 - YYW
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 4:07:13 PM
At 1/26/2014 4:06:13 PM, Bullish wrote:
USoDDO re-do?

In a sense I suppose
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 4:09:53 PM
Interesting premise...

/in
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:04:26 PM

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

I don't know. I'm a little disappointed that a kitten wasn't stomped to death.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:30:05 PM
/in

because why the hell not... I'm bored around here anyway.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:36:52 PM
Would you be putting our decisions into the game, or just think of the outcome yourself?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:36:57 PM

1 - theta_pinch
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:37:41 PM
At 1/26/2014 3:32:48 PM, YYW wrote:

1 - Bobbert
2 - YYW
3 - theta-pinch
4 -
5 -
6 -

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:49:51 PM

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

Alright. I'll give it a shot.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:50:31 PM
At 1/26/2014 5:37:41 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 1/26/2014 3:32:48 PM, YYW wrote:

1 - Bobbert
2 - YYW
3 - theta-pinch
4 - NightofTheLivingCats
5 - EndarkenedRationalist
6 -
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:52:38 PM
At 1/26/2014 5:36:52 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Would you be putting our decisions into the game, or just think of the outcome yourself?

I'd be putting them into the actual game

Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:54:47 PM

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

I literally just made a post about Democracy 3, lol. From the hate it generated, I'm glad I know at least one person who also enjoys the game.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 5:58:29 PM
At 1/26/2014 5:52:38 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/26/2014 5:36:52 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

I'd be putting them into the actual game

Interesting. /in
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 6:09:28 PM
Current signup sheet:

1 - ClassicRobert
2 - YYW
3 - Bsh1
4 - dtaylor971
5 - theta-pinch
6 - nightofthelivingcats
7 - EndarkenedRationalist
8 - SeventhProfessor

theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 7:21:58 PM
completely unrelated but what are the Ima revolutions?

Niel deGrasse Tyson
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 7:26:48 PM
At 1/26/2014 7:21:58 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
completely unrelated but what are the Ima revolutions?

The Ima revolutions are the two greatest mass trollings in the history of DDO.

Basically: A bunch of people made multiaccounts called 'imachair' and 'imaimabench' and then basically spammed the living hell out of the forums and other members, and all while waging calls for my execution..... Both lasted a day, and each caused about 16 deaths and $30 million in damage to the site and the city of Miami

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 7:40:25 PM
I'm in! You need a hardheaded Conservative on the team.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 7:41:35 PM
Aww... You're already full.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 7:45:54 PM
At 1/26/2014 6:09:28 PM, imabench wrote:
Current signup sheet:

1 - ClassicRobert
2 - YYW
3 - Bsh1
4 - dtaylor971
5 - theta-pinch
6 - nightofthelivingcats
8 - SeventhProfessor

I've never done one of these DDO games before, but if you have room I'd be interested in trying.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 8:00:30 PM
At 1/26/2014 7:41:35 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Actually the list can go up to 15, so you and kbub can join

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 8:01:24 PM
Current signup sheet:

1 - ClassicRobert
2 - YYW
3 - Bsh1
4 - dtaylor971
5 - theta-pinch
6 - nightofthelivingcats
8 - SeventhProfessor
9 - donald.keller
10 - kbub
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 8:09:47 PM
At 1/26/2014 8:00:30 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/26/2014 7:41:35 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Actually the list can go up to 15, so you and kbub can join

damn straight!

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 8:11:38 PM
At 1/26/2014 8:01:24 PM, imabench wrote:
Current signup sheet:

1 - ClassicRobert
2 - YYW
3 - Bsh1
4 - dtaylor971
5 - theta-pinch
6 - nightofthelivingcats
8 - SeventhProfessor
9 - donald.keller
10 - kbub
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

I'll join! This sounds pretty cool Ima.
Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 8:22:25 PM
At 1/26/2014 8:01:24 PM, imabench wrote:
Current signup sheet:

1 - ClassicRobert
2 - YYW
3 - Bsh1
4 - dtaylor971
5 - theta-pinch
6 - nightofthelivingcats
8 - SeventhProfessor
9 - donald.keller
10 - kbub
11 - DudeStop, the greatest of all.
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

If I can...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 8:43:45 PM
Current signup sheet:

1 - ClassicRobert
2 - YYW
3 - Bsh1
4 - dtaylor971
5 - theta-pinch
6 - nightofthelivingcats
8 - SeventhProfessor
9 - donald.keller
10 - kbub
12 - MyDinosaurHands
13 -
14 -
15 -

Im leaving the maximum at 15 because I think thatll be more then enough people to handle to do this, and once the entire signup sheet is fulfilled Ill start up the game in the misc section.

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 8:47:59 PM
At 1/26/2014 8:43:45 PM, imabench wrote:
Current signup sheet:

1 - ClassicRobert
2 - YYW
3 - Bsh1
4 - dtaylor971
5 - theta-pinch
6 - nightofthelivingcats
8 - SeventhProfessor
9 - donald.keller
10 - kbub
12 - MyDinosaurHands
13 - xXCryptoXx
14 -
15 -

Im leaving the maximum at 15 because I think thatll be more then enough people to handle to do this, and once the entire signup sheet is fulfilled Ill start up the game in the misc section.

MOAR CONSERVATIVES

How active do I have to be because sometimes things like this bore me to hell
Nolite Timere