Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

A flood of fake almost-celebrities?

SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 8:08:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I saw someone mention that there have been many recent DDOers that pretend to be Disney stars. So far I've only seen two.

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 8:17:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I had noticed this too. Just some kids playing around. Not sure how much they are actually misrepresenting themselves though, inasmuch that they are actually saying they are these celebs in forums or PMs. I certainly haven't noticed them say so, even if their profiles imply something that I can say isn't the case as far as I can tell.
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 8:33:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/27/2014 8:17:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I had noticed this too. Just some kids playing around. Not sure how much they are actually misrepresenting themselves though, inasmuch that they are actually saying they are these celebs in forums or PMs. I certainly haven't noticed them say so, even if their profiles imply something that I can say isn't the case as far as I can tell.

Swagger96 has said it many times, but the easiest to find instance is here.

http://www.debate.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
PeriodicPatriot
Posts: 140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 8:38:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/27/2014 8:08:08 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
I saw someone mention that there have been many recent DDOers that pretend to be Disney stars. So far I've only seen two.

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Ok. If you notice them., why don't you just block them or report them to Airmax? And how is Swagger96 a Disney celebrity name?
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
airmax1227
Posts: 13,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 8:44:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/27/2014 8:33:24 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/27/2014 8:17:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I had noticed this too. Just some kids playing around. Not sure how much they are actually misrepresenting themselves though, inasmuch that they are actually saying they are these celebs in forums or PMs. I certainly haven't noticed them say so, even if their profiles imply something that I can say isn't the case as far as I can tell.

Swagger96 has said it many times, but the easiest to find instance is here.

http://www.debate.org...

hmm well I can assure you that these aren't actually celebrities and Swagger96 certainly isn't. "Misrepresentation" is a bit of an issue, so I'll have to look into this a bit further and give it some thought.

One of the other celeb names was reported some time ago, though I didn't see anything aside from the name itself as an attempt (which in itself isn't an attempt) at misrepresentation.
Debate.org Moderator
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 4:36:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
People misrepresent themselves in their profiles all the time? Some say they are women and are men and vise verse. Some people lie about their age, the list goes on and on. What's the big deal about saying you are a celebrity and not being one. Nearly everyone on here is a legend in their own mind. I know I am.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
OtakuJordan
Posts: 280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 4:51:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/28/2014 4:36:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
People misrepresent themselves in their profiles all the time? Some say they are women and are men and vise verse. Some people lie about their age, the list goes on and on. What's the big deal about saying you are a celebrity and not being one. Nearly everyone on here is a legend in their own mind. I know I am.

The issue here is misrepresentation of others.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 6:21:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/28/2014 4:51:39 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:36:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
People misrepresent themselves in their profiles all the time? Some say they are women and are men and vise verse. Some people lie about their age, the list goes on and on. What's the big deal about saying you are a celebrity and not being one. Nearly everyone on here is a legend in their own mind. I know I am.

The issue here is misrepresentation of others.

You mean like calling people idiots and racists and bigots and homophobes and Nazi's and .......................
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
OtakuJordan
Posts: 280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 6:30:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/28/2014 6:21:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:51:39 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:36:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
People misrepresent themselves in their profiles all the time? Some say they are women and are men and vise verse. Some people lie about their age, the list goes on and on. What's the big deal about saying you are a celebrity and not being one. Nearly everyone on here is a legend in their own mind. I know I am.

The issue here is misrepresentation of others.

You mean like calling people idiots and racists and bigots and homophobes and Nazi's and .......................

What? No. Like pretending to be someone else.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 6:48:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/28/2014 6:30:25 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 6:21:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:51:39 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:36:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
People misrepresent themselves in their profiles all the time? Some say they are women and are men and vise verse. Some people lie about their age, the list goes on and on. What's the big deal about saying you are a celebrity and not being one. Nearly everyone on here is a legend in their own mind. I know I am.

The issue here is misrepresentation of others.

You mean like calling people idiots and racists and bigots and homophobes and Nazi's and .......................

What? No. Like pretending to be someone else.

exactly, like all those people claiming to be 100 years old and thus with obviously fake profile for trolling, anonymity, why not? and reasons go on and on
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
OtakuJordan
Posts: 280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 7:16:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/28/2014 6:48:05 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 1/28/2014 6:30:25 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 6:21:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:51:39 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:36:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
People misrepresent themselves in their profiles all the time? Some say they are women and are men and vise verse. Some people lie about their age, the list goes on and on. What's the big deal about saying you are a celebrity and not being one. Nearly everyone on here is a legend in their own mind. I know I am.

The issue here is misrepresentation of others.

You mean like calling people idiots and racists and bigots and homophobes and Nazi's and .......................

What? No. Like pretending to be someone else.

exactly, like all those people claiming to be 100 years old and thus with obviously fake profile for trolling, anonymity, why not? and reasons go on and on

No, this is not giving false information about yourself but impersonating a real, living person without their consent. If I had a grudge against the kid down the street and so created a fake profile on the Internet to impersonate and defame him there are some major rights violations going on.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
yay842
Posts: 5,680
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 7:17:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/28/2014 7:16:06 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 6:48:05 PM, yay842 wrote:
At 1/28/2014 6:30:25 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 6:21:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:51:39 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 1/28/2014 4:36:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
People misrepresent themselves in their profiles all the time? Some say they are women and are men and vise verse. Some people lie about their age, the list goes on and on. What's the big deal about saying you are a celebrity and not being one. Nearly everyone on here is a legend in their own mind. I know I am.

The issue here is misrepresentation of others.

You mean like calling people idiots and racists and bigots and homophobes and Nazi's and .......................

What? No. Like pretending to be someone else.

exactly, like all those people claiming to be 100 years old and thus with obviously fake profile for trolling, anonymity, why not? and reasons go on and on

No, this is not giving false information about yourself but impersonating a real, living person without their consent. If I had a grudge against the kid down the street and so created a fake profile on the Internet to impersonate and defame him there are some major rights violations going on.

oh yeah, that would make more sense. False information is legit stuff but impersonating is bad
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
http://www.debate.org...
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
http://www.debate.org...
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...