Jump to topic:

Puctuation errors in debate.org

sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 10:18:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I like to write my posts / arguments in a separate text-editor then paste them into the debate thing, but every time I do so then press 'Review', it causes a lot of errors. Currently, all the single quotes (') turn into double quotes (") (eg, 'didn't' turns into 'didn"t') and then when I click edit to fix them I lose all the codes for bold / italics etc. I'm going insane because there's no way to stop it without going through and editing the whole thing. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to avoid it?
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 10:23:41 PM
At 1/29/2014 10:18:09 PM, sdavio wrote:
I like to write my posts / arguments in a separate text-editor then paste them into the debate thing, but every time I do so then press 'Review', it causes a lot of errors. Currently, all the single quotes (') turn into double quotes (") (eg, 'didn't' turns into 'didn"t') and then when I click edit to fix them I lose all the codes for bold / italics etc. I'm going insane because there's no way to stop it without going through and editing the whole thing. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to avoid it?

http://www.debate.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 7:53:20 AM

I have this issue all the time, and yes it is aggrivating. I haven't tested it yet, but try alternating pasting the text between rich text and normal text to see if it makes a difference.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 7:58:23 AM
At 1/30/2014 7:53:20 AM, TUF wrote:

I have this issue all the time, and yes it is aggrivating. I haven't tested it yet, but try alternating pasting the text between rich text and normal text to see if it makes a difference.

I already fixed it by just editing it, but thanks, I'll try that next time it happens.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 8:36:58 AM

There are a number of punctuations that are apparently not recognized by this site's normal text. It will generally work if you use rich text because that allows you to use other characters and punctuation. Posting from a separate text-editor always causes me problems, so it's nothing new.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:59:33 AM
Ctrl+Shift+V

Or just use a text editor like Notepad (or, in my case, GEdit instead of a word processing program?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!