Jump to topic:

ImaBench

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 3:19:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have always been mute on this point, but am going to go out of my way to say a thank you Ima. This is in all honesty my personal opinion and I was not prompted into this by anyone.

A good amount of people hate him because he can troll and sometimes degrade other members at points, which we are all guilty of. He however has invested fast amounts of his time into this site and tries to keep it both entertaining/amusing.

I often find myself waiting for the next weekly stupid/walking dead to come out. These are series he implemented by his own choice to try and help the community within the site.

The Weekly Stupid

Out of all the rage wars that have stemmed from this show, I will openly show my support for it. The show does no different than what countless others always do. Call people on on stupid remarks and stances. I mean if you are just scrolling through DDO and see someones profile and it says

" I support slavery and all black people should be exterminated"

I am sorry but the first thing you are going to think to yourself is

"That person is a F*@*ing moron. To be completely honest you probably will make a post about it and link the dudes page. Why is this? The sad truth is people can believe stupid things. Whether or not it is stupid is a matter of perspective sure, but if a majority consensus think a remark is stupid chances are it has some weight to it. While Imas show can be a way for him to call out remarks or statements that he thinks is stupid, he has that right. I don't ever recall him saying someone is "stupid" in the show, but simply saying their belief or opinion on the matter is stupid. This is not violating any code of conduct as far as I am aware. It is not attacking or hurting anyway directly, but a way for him to show his disagreement with certain stances.

I and many others personally enjoy the show and think it is a good way to give back to the community. It is often entertaining, and very amusing and is something funny to look forward too. Bear in mind he has the right to criticize remarks and statements that he thinks is stupid, you may not agree with it but we all do it both on and off the sight.

He also has been doing the walking dead series. Another series that takes up a vast amount of time and energy. He puts out weekly episodes involving DDO members and makes a progressing plot.

Anyway to sum this up just a thank you to IMA directly. Mainly for being innovative and creative in bringing ideas and threads to DDO that are always fun to check out.

(Disclaimer for grammatical errors. My ipod sucks and does not have spell check)

I am Mikal and I approve this message.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 3:30:59 PM
At 1/30/2014 3:19:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
I have always been mute on this point, but am going to go out of my way to say a thank you Ima.

This is either going to be really really good, or really really bad.....

This is in all honesty my personal opinion and I was not prompted into this by anyone.

A good amount of people hate him because he can troll and sometimes degrade other members at points, which we are all guilty of. He however has invested fast amounts of his time into this site and tries to keep it both entertaining/amusing.

Ok its looking kinda good at this point.

I often find myself waiting for the next weekly stupid/walking dead to come out. These are series he implemented by his own choice to try and help the community within the site.

So far so good, nothign too controversial

The Weekly Stupid

Ah crap.

Out of all the rage wars that have stemmed from this show, I will openly show my support for it. The show does no different than what countless others always do. Call people on on stupid remarks and stances. I mean if you are just scrolling through DDO and see someones profile and it says

"That person is a F*@*ing moron.

Spot on.

To be completely honest you probably will make a post about it and link the dudes page. Why is this? The sad truth is people can believe stupid things. Whether or not it is stupid is a matter of perspective sure, but if a majority consensus think a remark is stupid chances are it has some weight to it. While Imas show can be a way for him to call out remarks or statements that he thinks is stupid, he has that right.*

*As long as it doesnt cross a line, which is where it gets iffy.

I don't ever recall him saying someone is "stupid" in the show, but simply saying their belief or opinion on the matter is stupid.

To be fair ive probably done both quite a bit

This is not violating any code of conduct as far as I am aware. It is not attacking or hurting anyway directly, but a way for him to show his disagreement with certain stances.

I and many others personally enjoy the show and think it is a good way to give back to the community. It is often entertaining, and very amusing and is something funny to look forward too. Bear in mind he has the right to criticize remarks and statements that he thinks is stupid, you may not agree with it but we all do it both on and off the sight.

Very true.

He also has been doing the walking dead series. Another series that takes up a vast amount of time and energy. He puts out weekly episodes involving DDO members and makes a progressing plot.

Coming soon: DDO House of Cards ;D

Anyway to sum this up just a thank you to IMA directly. Mainly for being innovative and creative in bringing ideas and threads to DDO that are always fun to check out.

(Disclaimer for grammatical errors. My ipod sucks and does not have spell check)

Aww you <3333
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 5:20:47 PM
I have always been mute on this point, but am going to go out of my way to say a thank you Ima. This is in all honesty my personal opinion and I was not prompted into this by anyone.

The Weekly Stupid

"That person is a F*@*ing moron. To be completely honest you probably will make a post about it and link the dudes page. Why is this? The sad truth is people can believe stupid things. Whether or not it is stupid is a matter of perspective sure, but if a majority consensus think a remark is stupid chances are it has some weight to it. While Imas show can be a way for him to call out remarks or statements that he thinks is stupid, he has that right. I don't ever recall him saying someone is "stupid" in the show, but simply saying their belief or opinion on the matter is stupid. This is not violating any code of conduct as far as I am aware. It is not attacking or hurting anyway directly, but a way for him to show his disagreement with certain stances.

In the wake of the constant attacks against the WS, I feel the need to repost this.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 5:24:12 PM
At 1/30/2014 5:20:47 PM, donald.keller wrote:

In the wake of the constant attacks against the WS, I feel the need to repost this.

Well its mostly been just one person over and over and over.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 5:39:39 PM
At 1/30/2014 5:24:12 PM, imabench wrote:

o.O One person? Really? I thought Royal had attacked the WS....and Cap.....ROYAL IS CAP!?!?!?!?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 5:41:34 PM
At 1/30/2014 5:39:39 PM, Zaradi wrote:

o.O One person? Really? I thought Royal had attacked the WS....and Cap.....ROYAL IS CAP!?!?!?!?

I was talking about RECENT attacks on the show, not in the history of forever.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 5:42:24 PM
At 1/30/2014 5:41:34 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/30/2014 5:39:39 PM, Zaradi wrote:

I was talking about RECENT attacks on the show, not in the history of forever.

It kinda makes sense though if you think about it...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 6:10:42 PM
At 1/30/2014 3:30:59 PM, imabench wrote:
I have always been mute on this point, but am going to go out of my way to say a thank you Ima.

This is either going to be really really good, or really really bad.....

This is in all honesty my personal opinion and I was not prompted into this by anyone.

Ok its looking kinda good at this point.

So far so good, nothign too controversial

The Weekly Stupid

Ah crap.

"That person is a F*@*ing moron.

Spot on.

To be completely honest you probably will make a post about it and link the dudes page. Why is this? The sad truth is people can believe stupid things. Whether or not it is stupid is a matter of perspective sure, but if a majority consensus think a remark is stupid chances are it has some weight to it. While Imas show can be a way for him to call out remarks or statements that he thinks is stupid, he has that right.*

*As long as it doesnt cross a line, which is where it gets iffy.

I don't ever recall him saying someone is "stupid" in the show, but simply saying their belief or opinion on the matter is stupid.

To be fair ive probably done both quite a bit

This is not violating any code of conduct as far as I am aware. It is not attacking or hurting anyway directly, but a way for him to show his disagreement with certain stances.

Very true.

Coming soon: DDO House of Cards ;D

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait.

Aww you <3333
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 7:37:42 PM

"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
2-D
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:00:14 PM
"He however has invested fast amounts of his time into this site and tries to keep it both entertaining/amusing."

This has been clear to me since I joined the site and is the most important point to me. I don't always appreciate the style or content but it's clear he is invested into the site. I didn't follow The Walking Dead series but House of Cards was a great show so I will have to check out the DDO version.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:27:20 PM
At 1/30/2014 8:09:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
You probably would have been a strong supporter of askbob.

Who would have been a strong supporter of ask bob?
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:30:51 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:27:20 PM, YYW wrote:

He's probably referring to the OP.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:31:40 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:30:51 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Hmmm. I thought so, but I wanted Ore_Ele to verify.
Tsar of DDO
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:33:16 PM
ImaBench is a cool kat in my book... He is a bit of a troller, but I guess without a goofball, who would keep everyone entertained? *thumbs up to Ima*
Your awesome!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:35:16 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:33:16 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
ImaBench is a cool kat in my book... He is a bit of a troller, but I guess without a goofball, who would keep everyone entertained? *thumbs up to Ima*
Your awesome!

This ImaBench guy sounds pretty good, even though he stole my name and capitalized two letters :P

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:36:28 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:35:16 PM, imabench wrote:
Your awesome!

This ImaBench guy sounds pretty good, even though he stole my name and capitalized two letters :P

LOL!!! :P
Sorry... didn't even notice haha... Just typed fast lol
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:42:15 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:36:28 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Your awesome!

its not just you, the title of the thread is also like that

Its kinda weird to have someone try to honor you and then not spell your name right >.>

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:45:50 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:42:15 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/30/2014 10:36:28 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Your awesome!

" This ImaBench guy sounds pretty good, even though he stole my name and capitalized two letters :P "

But seriously though, after I read this I couldn't stop laughing.. Thanks for the laugh..

its not just you, the title of the thread is also like that

ahhh, yeah... haha.. that I didn't notice either.. o.O

Its kinda weird to have someone try to honor you and then not spell your name right >.>

Lol, yeah, I know whatcha mean.. Well, kinda anyways..
"Good Times" ~ Max
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:57:51 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:56:11 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
How much did ImaBench pay you to write this, exactly? ;-)

The sly bastard probably paid him $50....

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 11:00:26 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:57:51 PM, imabench wrote:

Not $50! The largest and most tantalizing of sums imaginable! Truly he is a crafty one.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 11:04:12 PM
At 1/30/2014 11:00:26 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Not $50! The largest and most tantalizing of sums imaginable! Truly he is a crafty one.

Yeah he is, he definitely did NOT promise to show pictures of his hot sister twerking in yoga shorts to Mikal in exchange for making this thread or anything like that....

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 11:08:07 PM
At 1/30/2014 11:04:12 PM, imabench wrote:

Yeah he is, he definitely did NOT promise to show pictures of his hot sister twerking in yoga shorts to Mikal in exchange for making this thread or anything like that....

No, ImaBench would know that never in history has a heterosexual male displayed any interest in seeing images of an attractive female shaking her moneymaker in tight and possibly revealing clothing. He knew such a thing would be ludicrous.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 11:13:05 PM
At 1/30/2014 11:08:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/30/2014 11:04:12 PM, imabench wrote:

No, ImaBench would know that never in history has a heterosexual male displayed any interest in seeing images of an attractive female shaking her moneymaker in tight and possibly revealing clothing. He knew such a thing would be ludicrous.

I know right? He would never stoop to such a low level to get someone to make a thread about himself just to feed his own ego.....

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 11:47:57 PM
At 1/30/2014 10:30:51 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

That is correct.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 9:52:53 PM
This thread is officially on FIYAAAA
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite