Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Why is such a debate worthy of 38k views?

famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 6:39:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Haven't been on DDO for a long time, but just curious as to how this poor quality debate of mine received 38k views?

http://www.debate.org...

Any logical response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 6:45:18 PM
Well, it is weird a debate with that many views could only have 5 comments. This reminds me a lot of the Applejack is the best pony debate, which had 1.2 miion views, but only 96 comments. My guess is people saw it, and shared it over the internet, possibly people without an account viewed the debate.
Ashton
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 7:29:40 PM
I think it means that the topic was searched extensively on the web. The debate may or may not be high quality, but if it turns up on the first page of some common search string it will get lots of views.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 7:30:11 PM
8 Facebook likes and 1 tweet. Some popular page probably shared it or something. 8 likes usually doesn't get that many views. I had a debate with 68 FB likes, but it got only 8,000 views. So most likely someone with allot of followers, or some popular website shared it. It's not uncommon.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 2:05:30 AM
At 1/31/2014 6:39:39 PM, famer wrote:
Haven't been on DDO for a long time, but just curious as to how this poor quality debate of mine received 38k views?

http://www.debate.org...

Any logical response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It has the words "Korean" "co-ed" and "sex"in it so it's probably been at the top of a lot of search engine results.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 2:09:08 AM
I lost count at some point but I think the word sex is used about 50 times in the debate the word teased is used a lot also as well as a few uses of the word forced.

So I can think of several searches that would pull up that debate.