Jump to topic:

Promoted DDO user of the month??

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:00:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Has DDO ever done this before? Chosen a DDO user for the month for best performances, activity, kindness, civility, respect, and what not?

If not, maybe we could start this up from now on?

What does DDO users think? Thoughts, questions, comments.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:16:20 AM
I like this idea but I think it should only be based on statistical figures, and not subjective thoughts on civility and etc.
Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:21:07 AM
At 2/1/2014 10:16:20 AM, MyDinosaurHands wrote:
I like this idea but I think it should only be based on statistical figures, and not subjective thoughts on civility and etc.

Alright, good! That's why I was asking for ideas or something...
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:21:52 AM
At 2/1/2014 10:00:39 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Has DDO ever done this before? Chosen a DDO user for the month for best performances, activity, kindness, civility, respect, and what not?

I've actually thought about trying to make my own web series about outstanding DDO users, like TWS, but instead of comedy, we focus on interesting members. I've got camera equipment and the such, I just need to go out and do it.

If memory serves, though.... I believe otakujordan (I think?) did make a web series where he interviewed many of the notable members of DDO.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 11:24:11 AM
At 2/1/2014 10:21:52 AM, tylergraham95 wrote:

I've actually thought about trying to make my own web series about outstanding DDO users, like TWS, but instead of comedy, we focus on interesting members. I've got camera equipment and the such, I just need to go out and do it.

If memory serves, though.... I believe otakujordan (I think?) did make a web series where he interviewed many of the notable members of DDO.

That is an awesome idea!!
"Good Times" ~ Max
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 11:26:03 AM

That was philochristos. And it was just random meaningless interviews.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 11:30:24 AM
At 2/1/2014 11:26:03 AM, TUF wrote:

Didn't you at one point make interviews too? and yeah, that is right, it was Philocristos.
"Good Times" ~ Max
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 11:39:37 AM
At 2/1/2014 11:30:24 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Didn't you at one point make interviews too? and yeah, that is right, it was Philocristos.

I hosted newscenter. Canceled it due to lack of interest from the community.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 1:11:11 PM
At 2/1/2014 11:39:37 AM, TUF wrote:

Oh, ok.
"Good Times" ~ Max
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 1:16:02 PM

We already have a hall of fame/shame.
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 1:20:29 PM

Can you show me the videos or whatever? I would want to watch it.
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 1:22:18 PM

LACK OF INTEREST MY (insert curse word version of butt here)!!!!! Youre show was awesome! The graphics alone put the WS to shame if my memory serves me correctly.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 1:23:08 PM

That was philo, and a show would be much more interesting than just a normal thread that honors people, since the HoF already kinda does that
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:05:57 PM
At 2/1/2014 1:22:18 PM, imabench wrote:

LACK OF INTEREST MY (insert curse word version of butt here)!!!!! Youre show was awesome! The graphics alone put the WS to shame if my memory serves me correctly.

I admit, I was judging simply off the low number of views, assuming the weekly stupid was getting much more views. I think I had like 70 on the last episode when I decided to shut it down.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:08:13 PM
At 2/1/2014 1:20:29 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:

Can you show me the videos or whatever? I would want to watch it.

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com...
Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com...
Episode 3: https://www.youtube.com...
Episode 4: https://www.youtube.com...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:09:58 PM
At 2/1/2014 1:22:18 PM, imabench wrote:

Thanks for the compliments though lol. And the graphics weren't that great, just spliced freeware stuff from online lol.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2014 10:27:51 PM
Airmax wins all the months.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 3:29:21 PM

Oddly enough, I've been thinking about doing a web series.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 7:43:48 PM
At 2/2/2014 3:29:21 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:

Oddly enough, I've been thinking about doing a web series.

That actually sounds intriguing.
"Good Times" ~ Max
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 11:09:55 AM
Well it seems that Mikal has made a thread to discuss who should be chosen as the first featured member.
I'd like to say that I am officially going to make a webisode to honor the chosen member, if no one else is dying to do it. I must say I am pretty excited to do this, though.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 3:07:12 PM
At 2/3/2014 2:50:44 PM, STALIN wrote:
Is this about me?
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
STALIN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 3:09:30 PM

http://www.swfcabin.com...