Jump to topic:

English on DDO

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 8:58:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why does it seem like some people on DDO not know the English language? I'm not including foreigners, because the answer to that is kind of obvious.

I'm serious, though. If you just scroll down the debates, you will see countless examples of how little people care for English on this site. I just want to know, is it like a problem with high school, or just people not caring?
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 9:03:33 AM
At 2/3/2014 9:01:50 AM, Zaradi wrote:
wtf u tlkin bout? i haz prfact anglesh, mi mammy sed so.

Very English. Such grammar. Wow.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 9:45:19 AM
At 2/3/2014 8:58:09 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Why does it seem like some people on DDO not know the English language? I'm not including foreigners, because the answer to that is kind of obvious.

I'm serious, though. If you just scroll down the debates, you will see countless examples of how little people care for English on this site. I just want to know, is it like a problem with high school, or just people not caring?

Like with most things that seem to show the younger generation's lack of knowledge/intelligence, I blame technology.
My work here is, finally, done.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 9:56:11 AM

For some people, it is possible that English is not their first language.
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 9:59:18 AM
At 2/3/2014 9:56:11 AM, kbub wrote:

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 10:14:05 AM
At 2/3/2014 9:56:11 AM, kbub wrote:

I already acknowledged that in the OP
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 10:15:35 AM
At 2/3/2014 9:47:54 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Why talk like this,
That's not even grammatically correct.

Wen u cn tlk leik dis
Because out of all the things on my tiny list of things I actually care about, English is on there.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 10:33:25 AM
At 2/3/2014 10:15:35 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:
Why talk like this,
That's not even grammatically correct.

Dnt h8

Wen u cn tlk leik dis
Because out of all the things on my tiny list of things I actually care about, English is on there.

O sur wi shuld all confourm 2 wut u want. So self sentured.
Nolite Timere
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 10:53:15 AM

Irregardless.

Their ain't no raisin; donchu ppl read?
My work here is, finally, done.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 11:05:38 AM
Well Shakespeare used vocabulary and syntax creatively. He even invented a few thousand words.

Perhaps the youth is exploring the art of brevity and minimalism.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 12:05:22 PM
Why talk like this,

Wen u cn tlk leik dis

Dis gui und3rstnds
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 12:42:14 PM

I hav sen prefct grammtical nda speling ikn dis sit.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 1:21:56 PM
At 2/3/2014 1:20:37 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 2/3/2014 12:44:35 PM, Zaradi wrote:
letz b reel OP u priddy muc wallked in2 thi$ thred.

That's not being real, though! That's just being troll!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 1:28:43 PM
At 2/3/2014 1:21:56 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 2/3/2014 1:20:37 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 2/3/2014 12:44:35 PM, Zaradi wrote:
letz b reel OP u priddy muc wallked in2 thi$ thred.

That's not being real, though! That's just being troll!

Wut iz a toll
Nolite Timere
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 3:02:41 PM

Syntax is what rarely taught and learned but language is what we just start using by birth.

BTW dis r3ally giv3s u sum j0y wh3n u jst br3ak dwn d 4maliti3s 4 5un n w3lcom3s 2 d 3mag3nation 2 c0m3 3n. Dis als0 sav3s tym lol
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~