Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

DDO should have Polls / Opinion Moderators.

donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:02:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I propose that DDO have a group of volunteer moderators who are informed of new Polls and Opinions. The programming to recieve the notifications is already there in the Settings. They could then disprove of redundent and stupid opinions and polls like these:

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

And prevent vague opinion and polls from appearing. These could be very helping in upholding the integrity of those sections, especially during major news stories.

Since the site has a lot of would-be-volunteers, it wouldn't cost a thing after getting implemented. The opinion and (especially) the polls section have proven that they cannot not be supervised.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:05:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I propose we simply remove polls and opinions. Less work, better result.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:14:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:05:09 PM, Noumena wrote:
I propose we simply remove polls and opinions. Less work, better result.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:21:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:14:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:05:09 PM, Noumena wrote:
I propose we simply remove polls and opinions. Less work, better result.

I wish you could. Unfortunately both bring in most of the sites traffic, and revenue. You can't do that without bankrupting the site.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:21:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:02:50 PM, donald.keller wrote:
I propose that DDO have a group of volunteer moderators who are informed of new Polls and Opinions.

I VOLUNTEER

Ill clean the hell out of both those sections.....

The programming to recieve the notifications is already there in the Settings. They could then disprove of redundent and stupid opinions and polls like these:

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

And prevent vague opinion and polls from appearing. These could be very helping in upholding the integrity of those sections, especially during major news stories.

Since the site has a lot of would-be-volunteers, it wouldn't cost a thing after getting implemented. The opinion and (especially) the polls section have proven that they cannot not be supervised.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:22:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Volunteers:
1) Imabench
2)
3)
4)
5)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:29:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:21:13 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:05:09 PM, Noumena wrote:
I propose we simply remove polls and opinions. Less work, better result.

I wish you could. Unfortunately both bring in most of the sites traffic, and revenue. You can't do that without bankrupting the site.

Are you speaking to me or to Noumena?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:33:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:29:56 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:21:13 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:05:09 PM, Noumena wrote:
I propose we simply remove polls and opinions. Less work, better result.

I wish you could. Unfortunately both bring in most of the sites traffic, and revenue. You can't do that without bankrupting the site.

Are you speaking to me or to Noumena?

Both
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:34:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would volunteer. While I'm not opposed to the occasional popularity poll, things like these have gotten way outta hand (thinking of a certain dictator).
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:35:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/5/2014 9:33:55 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:29:56 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:21:13 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:14:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/5/2014 9:05:09 PM, Noumena wrote:
I propose we simply remove polls and opinions. Less work, better result.

I wish you could. Unfortunately both bring in most of the sites traffic, and revenue. You can't do that without bankrupting the site.

Are you speaking to me or to Noumena?

Both

Okie dokie pokie. But Chea, understood
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad