Jump to topic:

"please vote con/pro"

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:06:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why do people put at the end of each line "please vote con" or "You should vote pro"? Is anyone really swayed by those statements at the end, rather then the actual meat of the debate? I feel like I'm reading a politician trying to trick me into voting for them.

Or is it just me?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:07:35 PM
Meh. It just seems like a typical sign-off or conclusion, similar to how people say "Thank you" at the end or whatever.
President of DDO
Frodobaggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:10:16 PM
I vote entirely based on what people tell me, if pro says to vote pro and con says nothing I stop reading the debate and automatically vote pro.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:13:39 PM
At 1/18/2010 2:10:16 PM, Frodobaggins wrote:
I vote entirely based on what people tell me, if pro says to vote pro and con says nothing I stop reading the debate and automatically vote pro.

lol. I at least read some, but if it's really long I generally get lazy and stop.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:30:48 PM
I don't mind requests like that at the end of the final round. Like L said, it's a natural sign-off.

What I do mind is having that request repeated every round (especially the first), having the voting categories broken down for me, or statements such as "I have already won." It's one thing to ask for a vote, it's another to tell the readers exactly how to vote and why.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:34:10 PM
Yeah, I guess I don't mind at the very end. But when they say "I have won..." my thoughts are "screw you that is for me and the rest of the voters to decide, not you!"

And I'll find myself more inclined to vote against them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"