Jump to topic:

Notable members

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 3:34:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who are some people that stick out to you in DDO? Either in debates, forums, or for any reason you can think of and why do they stick out.

I'll start with three of the most common

Roy - Just simply becuase of him being number one on the site and always putting out high quality debates.

TUF - His efforts in pushing out voting including spending his own personal money to do so

Airmax - Very fair moderator who always attempts to see the good in people
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 4:28:38 PM
At 2/6/2014 3:34:49 PM, Mikal wrote:
Who are some people that stick out to you in DDO? Either in debates, forums, or for any reason you can think of and why do they stick out.

Roy - Just simply becuase of him being number one on the site and always putting out high quality debates.

TUF - His efforts in pushing out voting including spending his own personal money to do so

Bsh1- always respectful, excellent debates, and a whole lot of time and effort spent making DDO a better site.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 4:43:59 PM
At 2/6/2014 4:28:38 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Bsh1- always respectful, excellent debates, and a whole lot of time and effort spent making DDO a better site.

Wrichcirw - His opinion and advice is always welcomed. His involvement in high quality forum discussions is undeniably notable.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 7:08:57 PM
At 2/6/2014 4:43:59 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Wrichcirw - His opinion and advice is always welcomed. His involvement in high quality forum discussions is undeniably notable.

Danielle - One of the first members of DDO, and one of the best debaters in history.
Ashton
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 7:23:11 PM

I have noted that Roy does not feel the need to defend his RFDs when they rely on an unfounded assumption.

I have noted that TUF believes the mere name of zoosexual is a derogatory term without supporting that belief.

I have noted Bsh1 accused me of being a bigot in disguise, most likely because he did not understand what I was saying.

I have noted Wrichcirw's deep ignorance of logical form, his willingness to post absurd almost laughable arguments in apparent seriousness, and of course his arrogant and hypocritical presumption of the of the known fallacy ad populum.

I have noted Airmax is extremely tolerant, for better or worse.

So I guess I would have to agree with the selections so far.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 7:46:20 PM
At 2/6/2014 7:23:11 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:
I have noted that TUF believes the mere name of zoosexual is a derogatory term without supporting that belief.

That was just a bad joke lol. I apologize for offending you. It was about the outlook others had on zoosexuality, not necessarily my own opinions on it.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 7:47:12 PM

Agreed.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 7:52:52 PM

I have noted Bsh1 accused me of being a bigot in disguise, most likely because he did not understand what I was saying.

At 2/6/2014 7:46:20 PM, TUF wrote:

That was just a bad joke lol. I apologize for offending you. It was about the outlook others had on zoosexuality, not necessarily my own opinions on it.

The irony.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 7:57:44 PM

You could have said that when I asked if you had something you wanted to get off your chest. Thanks for clearing it up though.

At 2/6/2014 7:52:52 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:

The irony.

... escapes me.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:09:21 PM
At 2/6/2014 7:57:44 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:

You could have said that when I asked if you had something you wanted to get off your chest. Thanks for clearing it up though.

At 2/6/2014 7:52:52 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:

The irony.

... escapes me.

I'm sure it did. Just like how you failed to understand that losing debates meant that you had not won all of your debates.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:13:24 PM
At 2/6/2014 7:57:44 PM, ADreamOfLiberty wrote:

I must of missed that post.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:24:04 PM

The ones who always stood out to me are almost all gone. This is most likely due to the fact that they were among the first people I interacted with on the site (which would be almost three years ago).

Annhasle- badass nihilist, formidable in politics, philosophy, and wasn't afraid to traverse the religion forum
Belle- hip libertarian lady; I seem to remember she was majoring (or otherwise studying) biology which I found interesting
Cliff- everyone remembers him as a good voter (back when literally no one else was) and as a guy with whom anyone could strike up a good conversation
Brian_Eggleston- the highlight of my first few months on the site was debating him on whether the girl from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon would beat Jesus in a fight (and winning). He's also a rather strong anti-Thatcherite which was always entertaining
Rogue- the girl who allegedly had sex on a Satanic alter (or something along those lines); I miss her general input on most of anything
Cosmic_Alfonzo- he's like FREEDO minus the refinement plus more drugs. No one will forget the story of when he met Rob lol.
Kleptin- if anyone hasn't already, go back NOI and read some of his debates. Funny, clever, and above all shameless fellow.
Insertnamehere- wasn't too shy in voicing her opinion, I also remember she had some interesting ideas on Islam
Vi_Veri- besides being the object of Mirza's (and Danielle's lol) affection, she was the second Queen of feminism (behind Danielle imo) at the time.
Cerebral_Narcissist- the then-resident "depressed atheist" who always lamented that he just couldn't believe in a higher power, he just dropped off the site one day, much to my dismay.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:27:15 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:24:04 PM, Noumena wrote:

The ones who always stood out to me are almost all gone. This is most likely due to the fact that they were among the first people I interacted with on the site (which would be almost three years ago).

Annhasle- badass nihilist, formidable in politics, philosophy, and wasn't afraid to traverse the religion forum
Belle- hip libertarian lady; I seem to remember she was majoring (or otherwise studying) biology which I found interesting
Cliff- everyone remembers him as a good voter (back when literally no one else was) and as a guy with whom anyone could strike up a good conversation

Cliff was one of the first people I met too.

Brian_Eggleston- the highlight of my first few months on the site was debating him on whether the girl from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon would beat Jesus in a fight (and winning). He's also a rather strong anti-Thatcherite which was always entertaining

He's hilarious and aweosome

Rogue- the girl who allegedly had sex on a Satanic alter (or something along those lines); I miss her general input on most of anything

She was awesome too.

Cosmic_Alfonzo- he's like FREEDO minus the refinement plus more drugs. No one will forget the story of when he met Rob lol.

LOL that was awesome

Kleptin- if anyone hasn't already, go back NOI and read some of his debates. Funny, clever, and above all shameless fellow.
Insertnamehere- wasn't too shy in voicing her opinion, I also remember she had some interesting ideas on Islam
Vi_Veri- besides being the object of Mirza's (and Danielle's lol) affection, she was the second Queen of feminism (behind Danielle imo) at the time.
Cerebral_Narcissist- the then-resident "depressed atheist" who always lamented that he just couldn't believe in a higher power, he just dropped off the site one day, much to my dismay.

I remember he left right around Izbo being banned...I hope that he didn't only stick around for his interactions with bozo, lol.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:29:06 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:27:15 PM, thett3 wrote:

He said the people he worked for had a problem with him going on DDO as a reason for leaving.
):

She was awesome too.

LOL that was awesome

I remember he left right around Izbo being banned...I hope that he didn't only stick around for his interactions with bozo, lol.

Lel sympathetic atheist vs. anti-theist atheist.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:30:18 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:29:06 PM, Noumena wrote:

He said the people he worked for had a problem with him going on DDO as a reason for leaving.
):

She was awesome too.

LOL that was awesome

Really though, JCMT left right about the time Izbo was banned too :( perhaps izzy did do some good after all.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:31:04 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:30:18 PM, thett3 wrote:

Really though, JCMT left right about the time Izbo was banned too :( perhaps izzy did do some good after all.

You didn't like JustCallMeTarzan?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:32:06 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:31:04 PM, Noumena wrote:

No no no he was pretty cool, I mean maybe izbo kept them around for a while longer until he was banned. Probably just a coincidence though
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:33:06 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:32:06 PM, thett3 wrote:

No no no he was pretty cool, I mean maybe izbo kept them around for a while longer until he was banned. Probably just a coincidence though

I stopped following Izbo's charades after a while. I only came back to vote on his trial I think.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:33:08 PM
A few, actually.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:33:10 PM

I have noted that Roy does not feel the need to defend his RFDs when they rely on an unfounded assumption.

I have noted Wrichcirw's deep ignorance of logical form, his willingness to post absurd almost laughable arguments in apparent seriousness, and of course his arrogant and hypocritical presumption of the of the known fallacy ad populum.

I have noted Airmax is extremely tolerant, for better or worse.

So I guess I would have to agree with the selections so far.

I don't recall calling you a bigot. I always felt like I had only limited interaction with you, and I don't have a negative opinion of you. If my remarks came across in an insulting way, I apologize--I'm willing to talk more about it via PM.

But, this thread is about positive recognition, not tearing people down. This is not the place to make the kind of comments you're making.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:36:05 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:33:06 PM, Noumena wrote:

I stopped following Izbo's charades after a while. I only came back to vote on his trial I think.

I didnt. Thinking about the stuff he says still makes me chuckle, as does how universally hated he was.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:37:35 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:36:05 PM, thett3 wrote:

I didnt. Thinking about the stuff he says still makes me chuckle, as does how universally hated he was.

The closest comparison I could make to his level of disdain around the site would be Brainmaster.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:39:07 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:37:35 PM, Noumena wrote:

The closest comparison I could make to his level of disdain around the site would be Brainmaster.

Oh the nostalgia haha.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:39:46 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:39:07 PM, thett3 wrote:

Oh the nostalgia haha.

Oh, do I dare bring up he who shall not be named?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:42:27 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:39:46 PM, Noumena wrote:

Oh the nostalgia haha.

I can't believe I've been here nearly 3 years. Just thinking about what I was like when I first joined this place...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:43:48 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:42:27 PM, thett3 wrote:

Oh the nostalgia haha.

I can't believe I've been here nearly 3 years. Just thinking about what I was like when I first joined this place...

You mean back when we had a community which fostered a diverse, intelligent female population instead of driving them away as is generally the case now?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:47:21 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:43:48 PM, Noumena wrote:

Oh the nostalgia haha.

You mean back when we had a community which fostered a diverse, intelligent female population instead of driving them away as is generally the case now?

Theres that. And no opinions or polls. And debates being extremely important...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 8:48:24 PM
At 2/6/2014 8:47:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/6/2014 8:43:48 PM, Noumena wrote:

Oh the nostalgia haha.

Theres that. And no opinions or polls. And debates being extremely important...

Yeah, remember when there were always highly interesting debates going on?